Educate the ignorant about the need for guns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your knowledge of firearms is indeed astounding.

But just to help you learn a bit more, that "1950s Hunting rifle" is not even a rifle. It is a semi-auto shotgun made by Remington. And whats more, it was introduced by Remington in 1987.

Perhaps you could sit quietly while the grownups have a conversation. Or at least stick with topics on which you have a modicum of knowledge.

Maybe you can stop masturbating to gun pictures...

Before I read the balance of this thread, I wanted to say things I predict are NOT talked about in this thread. Before we start, I took a .22 to school to go target shooting with. The bus driver asked me if I had any bullets in it. I said, "no sir, they're here in the box." He said, okay, but just keep that stuff in your locker at school. Times have changed.

Yes, times have changed. We have dozens of school shooting since then.

Just like times changed after some asshole poisoned some Tylenol and killed 7 people. Everyone changed how they packaged products to prevent tampering.

I don't think of the right to keep and bear Arms as much of need. It's more of a Duty, an Obligation, and a Responsibility. The liberals would have you believe that the founders broke away from a tyrannical government, went to war against it, but would leave you and I without that option should this government become a dictatorship - and it is almost there now.

Okay, except the Founding Slave Rapists didn't break away from a tyrannical government, they broke away from a benevolent parliamentary democracy that wouldn't give them what they wanted and insisted they help pay for a war they instigated. They saved us from the horrors of being Canadian.

Oh, yeah. Canada had 172 Gun related homicides compared to our 11,000.

Gun ownership does not stop dictatorship. Gun ownership was very common in Germany before and after the Nazis took power. (Guns were only limited after the Allies confiscated them after the war.) In fact, all widespread guns do is make a police state more inevitable, because we give the police more powers to protect us from the crazies.

40% of gun sales are to government agencies. That should tell you a lot.

Your knowledge of firearms is indeed astounding.

But just to help you learn a bit more, that "1950s Hunting rifle" is not even a rifle. It is a semi-auto shotgun made by Remington. And whats more, it was introduced by Remington in 1987.

Perhaps you could sit quietly while the grownups have a conversation. Or at least stick with topics on which you have a modicum of knowledge.

Maybe you can stop masturbating to gun pictures...

I won't stop laughing out loud when you make such a fool of yourself. You post a pic saying it is a 1950s hunting rifle, and it is a autoloading shotgun introduced in 1987? That was fucking hilarious!

Hey everybody. New to the forum.

I will use my introduction to start a response and we will pick up from where the first responder ends up posting a reply.

It's time to speak out against gun control again, but first, God bless the victims and families in Florida. They will reside in the Kingdom of God forever.

I want everyone to have a response to the gun control issue that sparks conversation. Firm forceful commentary and belligerence will get us nowhere. So I have questions for you:
What happened to 7,000,000Ukrainian's in 1939?
Were the 6,000,000 murdered Jews of WWII armed before they were taken to death camps?
What happened to unarmed Russians throughout their history?

When you are faced with why you support gun ownership, simply ask these questions. If you don't know the answers, to one in particular, look them up and learn. I know I was surprised by the first question. It was never taught in school history class. I lived to the ripe age of 55 before I learned about the Ukrainian incident. I was shocked how 7,000,000 people can die at the hands of an evil government and it is one story that is still suppressed today.

Unarmed people are targets for evil. Guns should be always referred to as finely crafted machines. They are last line to defend ones self against oppression and aggression but are more often used for sport. Young people are being taught nonsense about "The Gun Culture". They are being taught by the U.N. led liberal agenda that gun enthusiasts are all stupid rednecks that lust over killing. Absurd! Guns are machines that I like the same as I like cars and motorcycles. I like to drive cool cars, motorcycles and shoot guns as a skill developing sport.

I was able to take a .22 rifle to school when I grew up. Guns were not a sexy mystery to be used to kill others. We were taught gun safety and hunting safety in school. I went everywhere with a .22 rifle and a fishing pole. I never had the desire to use it for evil.

The breakdown of the Family Unit - Societal Structure is what led us to this point. A lack of parents shaping a child with moral ethics and proper behavior. It took 2 generations to spoil the apples and it will take two, at least, to fix it. WITHOUT SWEEPING CHANGES IN THE WAY WE LIVE AND WORK, THE PROBLEM WILL GET WORSE!

Thanks for listening and start a conversation!

The US has a lot of problems because the politicians don't care, the voters don't seem to care, and the rich who control the whole show are getting richer by the year.

Until you change those problems, nothing will change.

However you're talking about millions of people dying. Well, in the Ukraine they died of starvation.

In China, many, many more died under Mao, again of starvation.

The Nazis had guns and they killed the Jews, who didn't have guns. But would the Jews have been better off with guns?

They had guns in the Warsaw Ghetto and they fought back and.... and... they died there too. In fact the Poles had guns, they got invaded, Czechoslovakia had guns, got invaded, France had guns, got invaded, and so on.

What you've done is cherry pick a few things and then tried to make a complex view with very little information. Well, you failed.

Before I read the balance of this thread, I wanted to say things I predict are NOT talked about in this thread. Before we start, I took a .22 to school to go target shooting with. The bus driver asked me if I had any bullets in it. I said, "no sir, they're here in the box." He said, okay, but just keep that stuff in your locker at school. Times have changed.

Just like times changed after some asshole poisoned some Tylenol and killed 7 people. Everyone changed how they packaged products to prevent tampering.

I don't think of the right to keep and bear Arms as much of need. It's more of a Duty, an Obligation, and a Responsibility. The liberals would have you believe that the founders broke away from a tyrannical government, went to war against it, but would leave you and I without that option should this government become a dictatorship - and it is almost there now.

Okay, except the Founding Slave Rapists didn't break away from a tyrannical government, they broke away from a benevolent parliamentary democracy that wouldn't give them what they wanted and insisted they help pay for a war they instigated. They saved us from the horrors of being Canadian.

Gun ownership does not stop dictatorship. Gun ownership was very common in Germany before and after the Nazis took power. (Guns were only limited after the Allies confiscated them after the war.) In fact, all widespread guns do is make a police state more inevitable, because we give the police more powers to protect us from the crazies.

Damn, you're grasping at straws.

First up, when you make comparisons, compare apples to apples.

Canada is not the world's police force and I don't see you getting flooded with immigrants though last I heard, your country opened the door that Trump is closing.

Gun ownership DOES, in fact, stop tyrannical dictators. If you'd like to debate that one, start a thread and invite me. You won't because you know better.

The one thing you are close to is that "crazies" are what brings about a POLICE STATE. America has no mental health protocol. We give mass shooters a debit card, a prescription for SSRIs and then let nature take its course so people like you can make irresponsible statements about the Second Amendment.

Hard to take you seriously when you post crap like:
Okay, except the Founding Slave Rapists

won't stop laughing out loud when you make such a fool of yourself. You post a pic saying it is a 1950s hunting rifle, and it is a autoloading shotgun introduced in 1987? That was fucking hilarious!

whatever guy, go and make love to your gun..

Why?

They owned slaves. In the case of Thomas Jefferson, they had sex with their slaves.

Since a slave can't consent to sex or refuse to have it with her master, that's rape.

Founding Slave Rapists. A bunch of guys who talked about "All Men Being Equal" and then proudly went home and exploited and raped black people who had no say in the matter.

Canada is not the world's police force and I don't see you getting flooded with immigrants though last I heard, your country opened the door that Trump is closing.

Uh, dude, I'm American.

Gun ownership DOES, in fact, stop tyrannical dictators. If you'd like to debate that one, start a thread and invite me. You won't because you know better.

I don't start threads to debate single points. My point Stands. Germany had widespread gun ownership. Not one "Good German" said, "Hey, you can't take Goldstein to the Concentration Camp, he's my buddy!" Russia. Whole shitloads of guns.

Usually, dictatorships start when people get fed up with the chaos and want someone to clamp down on it. The kind of chaos you have when you are regularly wheeling out dead kids in school.

The one thing you are close to is that "crazies" are what brings about a POLICE STATE. America has no mental health protocol. We give mass shooters a debit card, a prescription for SSRIs and then let nature take its course so people like you can make irresponsible statements about the Second Amendment.

Irresponsible is letting the crazies buy guns to start with. Of course, most of the crazies are affluent white people whose parents coddled them. Black folks would get busted the minute they made a Facebook post.

Welcome...Good post.
Problem is the media is only covering one side of the issue and that is demonizing gun owners, shouting feel good platitudes, pushing an agenda without any self reflection of a society where civility has broken down. In fact the media has pushed this division.
Most in media are leftists who believe governments are able to solve all issues and deny the possibility that our government is kept in check by an armed citizenry. They are fully willing to give up certain rights under the guise of safety. They now see the founding fathers as racist slavers.
When we erase our common history even with its warts and flaws, we lose our identity as a country that celebrated individual liberty.
Something has changed in our culture for the last 40 years and leftists will not be a part of self reflection as they would be forced to admit that their policies are in fact a large part of the problem.
They will continue to blame guns and the NRA.

Problem is, why is the media only reporting one side? When faced with questions you cant make sense of, assuming you are not a blind liberal, stop, turn around and place yourself in the shoes of people with an opposite agenda. A revolutionary if you will. One of our founding fathers quoted " the next revolution in America will be of the Government against the people".

Lets make the case:
The United Nations has a world dominating agenda that George H. W. Bush signed us into in (1974) I think it's 74.. If anyone has not heard of Agenda 2030, look it up. Formerly known as Agenda 21, it is a plan to control population growth and hold humanity accountable for total environmental control by the year 2030. If you are savvy you can find it in the U.N. website. You will be able to see all too familiar names that are signed into the plan. President Regan was the last delay for the U.N. plan. Agenda 21 was recently updated to Agenda 2030 because it could not be accomplished in time. Any delay, caused by freak election results they cant control, sets back their plan by however many years a Patriotic conservative president is in office. Anyway - disarming innocent people is also a desired action. Disarming Australia was a huge win for the plan. The U.S. is the last stronghold.

Did you know that the Pacific Trade Act that Trump rejected would have put the Pacific rim countries in control of our trade in the world! Think about that. We would have no say so in cases we don't agree with. What if all those countries demanded we disarm America or they would stop trading with us! Plausible?

Now knowing that one scenario, there are others, you can see that the media is being manipulated by those committed to that agenda. YOU MAY THINK IT'S A FANTASY BUT I ASSURE YOU IT IS NOT. Look it up and research it yourself. Look up George Soros and Aleksander Dugan. They are the main puppet masters. Once you read their books you will know that (Hitler like) mad men still exist. Their game is to create havoc in societies and weaken them. They took down Greece like knocking over a sleeping cow.

We are in the midst of a revolution and most people are unaware. The media is bought and paid for by the revolutionaries. They keep us happy by feeding us propaganda. The sheep keep on sheeping. Baaaaaaaa.
How was GW Bush able to sign any agreement with the UN as a CIA man?

Welcome, and apparently you missed this:

Well dang, when did the rules change? It used to be for "Hi, how are ya?" not discussing topics.

The 2nd amendment says 'well regulated'. Don't like it? Change the Constitution.

It's time to get these guns engineered for war out of the hands of the public. Nobody, and let's be clear because right wing propaganda loves to wail and flail their arms on this, nobody is calling for confiscating all guns. The only people that even say that are gun lickers.

Guns need to be well regulated as put forth in the Constitution. End of story.
I hear your concern but the Constitution speaks of a well regulated Militia, not regulated arms. A militia is a civilian base of armed citizens. They used the word regulated. Today we would say well trained. The National Guard assumes that role today. It's original intention was to arm the citizens because governments have proven to be progressively oppressive for hundreds of years. The right to bear arms "shall not be infringed" for that reason.
I do believe that if we went back to the way it was when I grew up we all would have a better understanding of guns. Until we all come to terms with our decayed morality, failed gun education, broken family structure, violent imagery, and sense of personal responsibility, we will erode into a society of thugs. What would Hollywood do without Guns?
Remember a gun is a gun. What it looks like is irrelevant. I can find you several hunting rifles that function the same as an AR15. If I were to change out some parts I could make it look like a military weapon. Military weapons are usually fully automatic or "select fire". The AR15 is a semi automatic making it unlike the military version. An AR is just a modular platform that uses no wood.
I respect your opinion though.

Then only if you are in a militia can you own a firearm.

Sorry I know gun huggers want it both ways but it isn't going to fly. Either you have to be in a well regulated militia, or all firearms are to be well regulated. And let's be honest everyone knows it says 'a well regulated militia, the right of the people to bear arms'. For the time it was written a militia was a very effective deterrent to any government. That is what they meant and that is what they said. But cons are busy lawyering the Constitution so it fits their bs today. Just as they lawyer the bible to make Jesus love the rich and spit on the poor.

Reality isn't high on the list of most of these people that talk about 'the 2nd amendment'.

OP jumps right into the fray without meeting the mascot:

3.jpg

won't stop laughing out loud when you make such a fool of yourself. You post a pic saying it is a 1950s hunting rifle, and it is a autoloading shotgun introduced in 1987? That was fucking hilarious!

Awwww, aren't you cute. You make a post thinking it will show how smart you are, and it makes you look like an idiot. You claim to know something about guns, but you obviously don't.

And when your idiocy (1950s hunting rifle = 1987 semi-auto shotgun?) you try and save face by saying I have a gun fetish? Because I can tell a shotgun from a rifle? Oh, and I'll give you a hint, the shotgun model # is 11-87. Because it was introduced in '87.

Why?

They owned slaves. In the case of Thomas Jefferson, they had sex with their slaves.

Since a slave can't consent to sex or refuse to have it with her master, that's rape.

Founding Slave Rapists. A bunch of guys who talked about "All Men Being Equal" and then proudly went home and exploited and raped black people who had no say in the matter.

Uh, dude, I'm American.

You're only an "American" by virtue of having been born here. Those of you who do not understand the concept of unalienable Rights nor the foundational principles upon which this nation were founded are no more "American" than a Soviet spy.

I don't start threads to debate single points. My point Stands. Germany had widespread gun ownership. Not one "Good German" said, "Hey, you can't take Goldstein to the Concentration Camp, he's my buddy!" Russia. Whole shitloads of guns.

I'm not much of a World War II buff. But, what you're saying doesn't make sense. In that same era, people in other countries did not feel the way you do. For example:

"What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, polkers, or whatever else was at hand?" Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Usually, dictatorships start when people get fed up with the chaos and want someone to clamp down on it. The kind of chaos you have when you are regularly wheeling out dead kids in school.

Were there dead kids being hauled out of schools when Hitler declared war against the Jews? You mean that war started over Jews killing kids?

Irresponsible is letting the crazies buy guns to start with. Of course, most of the crazies are affluent white people whose parents coddled them. Black folks would get busted the minute they made a Facebook post.

No sir, irresponsible is allowing crazy people to walk the streets unsupervised KNOWING full well they pose a threat to society.

The left has the absolute weakest arguments than any subject when it comes to gun control. They tell you how much they care about kids, but put alternative ideas on the table and they reject them. Having been IN the fight longer than the majority of my critics have been alive, I've witnessed more than they can imagine - and with gun control, not one life was saved. But, we go through the same B.S. routine with every Republican president:

A crisis happens, the Democrats rally the troops to the cause, and the gun control "debate" is on. Republicans, being the world's worst negotiators and most being dullards, they cave in to a portion of the suggested gun control argument. And what the Democrats cannot do on their own, they con the Republicans into doing it.

At the end of the day, there is NO excuse for having crazy people running around on the streets of America with no supervision. In the case of Nickolas Cruz, the lack of law enforcement is what caused this tragedy. To blame guns is dishonest and idiotic. All the laws in the world don't help when those in charge aren't doing the jobs the taxpayers pay them for.

Last edited:
The 2nd amendment says 'well regulated'. Don't like it? Change the Constitution.

It's time to get these guns engineered for war out of the hands of the public. Nobody, and let's be clear because right wing propaganda loves to wail and flail their arms on this, nobody is calling for confiscating all guns. The only people that even say that are gun lickers.

I hear your concern but the Constitution speaks of a well regulated Militia, not regulated arms. A militia is a civilian base of armed citizens. They used the word regulated. Today we would say well trained. The National Guard assumes that role today. It's original intention was to arm the citizens because governments have proven to be progressively oppressive for hundreds of years. The right to bear arms "shall not be infringed" for that reason.
I do believe that if we went back to the way it was when I grew up we all would have a better understanding of guns. Until we all come to terms with our decayed morality, failed gun education, broken family structure, violent imagery, and sense of personal responsibility, we will erode into a society of thugs. What would Hollywood do without Guns?
Remember a gun is a gun. What it looks like is irrelevant. I can find you several hunting rifles that function the same as an AR15. If I were to change out some parts I could make it look like a military weapon. Military weapons are usually fully automatic or "select fire". The AR15 is a semi automatic making it unlike the military version. An AR is just a modular platform that uses no wood.

Sorry I know gun huggers want it both ways but it isn't going to fly. Either you have to be in a well regulated militia, or all firearms are to be well regulated. And let's be honest everyone knows it says 'a well regulated militia, the right of the people to bear arms'. For the time it was written a militia was a very effective deterrent to any government. That is what they meant and that is what they said. But cons are busy lawyering the Constitution so it fits their bs today. Just as they lawyer the bible to make Jesus love the rich and spit on the poor.

Reality isn't high on the list of most of these people that talk about 'the 2nd amendment'.

Did you know that military retirees are the core of the militia? Google it.

Military retirees are subject to recall to active duty until age 75. That makes us a "well regulated militia." Ain't that a bitch for you and the rest of the gun grabbers?

Another interesting fact. We have a large military Reserve and National Guard. And another thing: Military enlistees and draftees have a 6 year obligation once they raise their right hand, active duty and reserve combined. Therefore we always have a "well regulated militia."

Now, what is that "well regulated militia" B.S. babble all about? Lefties need to get some smarts.

Did you know that military retirees are the core of the militia? Google it.

Military retirees are subject to recall to active duty until age 75. That makes us a "well regulated militia." Ain't that a bitch for you and the rest of the gun grabbers?

Another interesting fact. We have a large military Reserve and National Guard. And another thing: Military enlistees and draftees have a 6 year obligation once they raise their right hand, active duty and reserve combined. Therefore we always have a "well regulated militia."

Now, what is that "well regulated militia" B.S. babble all about? Lefties need to get some smarts.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" II Timothy 3 : 16

The OP wants an education in why we have a need for guns. So, the criticisms of the left are to try and capitalize on tragedies and then make up terms to bolster their false claims. The "gun culture" accusation is popular right now. The reality is gun grabbers hate our culture. Yesterday, Rush Limbaugh busted a caller and got down to the truth. In the end, the caller was against white Christians. And so I opened this little rant with a Bible verse. Since America was founded by white men and most of them were professing Christians, the critics of the Second Amendment deserve a full answer.

In the Bible, there is the account of how Lot (Abraham's nephew) was taken hostage. Someone escaped the captors and told Abraham. And then Abraham took 318 men, went to Lot's rescue, and freed him. (see Genesis 14: 1 - 17)

If you don't like the Bible as a religious book, think about the story as an historical one.

In Luke 11 : 21 the New Testament says: "When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace"

Being armed was important enough that Jesus told his apostles that they would carry a sword (the same tool used by Caesar's SWAT team) even if they had to hock their robes to do it.

"Then said he (Jesus) to them, But now, he that has a purse, let him take it, and likewise his money: and he that has no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22: 36

Our forefathers did not come by the decision to separate from King George without a LOT of debate, discussion, prayer and meditation. They had to reconcile Romans 13: 1 which reads: "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God" with the need to free themselves from tyranny.

The book The Light and the Glory (by Peter Marshall and David Manuel) puts the founders dilemma into perspective:

"When does tyranny become tyranny? Is there a time it is not only morally correct but the will of God for one to resist legally constituted authority? When does the "Lord's anointed " lose his anointing?"

Turns out the answer was found in Galatians 5 : 1 which reads: "For freedom, Christ has set us free; stand fast, therefore, and do not submit to a yoke of slavery."

It was on the morning of 19 April 1775 that citizens, armed and ready, stood at Lexington Green and the shot heard around the world was fired.

And so the point of this post is to show that armed citizens were a part of the reason America was born in the first place. And, we became the greatest nation in the annals of recorded history - the nation that represented Freedom and Liberty... things the anti-gunners would take a giant dump on because they do not understand the foundational principles of this nation, the road we took to get there, nor what it takes to preserve Liberty.

Make no mistake. The terminology like "gun culture" is a shy way of saying white men with Bibles and guns. The irrational argument regarding guns when children are dying in larger numbers over their parents drinking addiction, drug use and second hand smoke is a witness to what this is really about.

The time has come when the anti-gun side should have a real discussion about guns and their role in American society. It's time the anti-gunners admitted that the system did not work in Nickolas Cruz's case and it did not have a damn thing to do with guns per se. The real culprit is that the government didn't do its job. The real culprit is that we don't unite as a people and get mentally ill people put into protective custody. The anti-gunners don't want to make you safe by putting the mentally into a supervised environment. At the end of the day, anti-gunners hate America's culture. They don't give two hoots in Hell about children. Otherwise anti-gunners would meet us half-way and this time talk about the root cause of the problem, NOT the mere symptoms.

Awwww, aren't you cute. You make a post thinking it will show how smart you are, and it makes you look like an idiot. You claim to know something about guns, but you obviously don't.

And when your idiocy (1950s hunting rifle = 1987 semi-auto shotgun?) you try and save face by saying I have a gun fetish? Because I can tell a shotgun from a rifle? Oh, and I'll give you a hint, the shotgun model # is 11-87. Because it was introduced in '87.

He trolls introduction threads and attacks posters at will just as he trolls discussions in the clean debate section attacking people at will. He pretty much shits all over everything he touches.

The site rules never seem to apply to him.

Why?

Uh, dude, I'm American.

at the time, slaves were property.

Do you wait for your house to ask you to enter, make modifications to it?

Do your ask your car if it wants to go on a trip?

Does a cow ask permission to be milked?

you seem to be considering them in YOUR point of view, not the standards of that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back