Does Florida’s “Don’t say Gay Bill” prohibit instruction on heterosexual couples?

Because if you don't bring it up in the specific context of orientation and gender, you aren't discussing orientation and gender. Saying someone has parents, two mommies, two daddies, one and one, or (more commonly in poor minority communities) being raised by grandma and grandpa is talking about situations, not trying to explain about orientation and gender bullshit, and THAT's the purpose of laws like this.
I agree with you

but rightwinger is seeing it the way sleazy ACLU lawyer and democrat judge may choose to see it

they can scramble the common meaning of the law into something completely unforeseen

which is how the left will decriminalize pedophilia

I agree with you

but rightwinger is seeing it the way sleazy ACLU lawyer and democrat judge may choose to see it

they can scramble the common meaning of the law into something completely unforeseen

ACLU did not write the law
It was written by sleazy RW politicians

If the law they wrote is harmful, let them withdraw it

If the school is delving into gender other than boys and girls they are wrong

According to the new law…..Both “Boy” and “Girl” are gender identities and can’t be taught until 4th grade

According to the new law…..Both “Boy” and “Girl” are gender identities and can’t be taught until 4th grade
That was not the intention of the law

but sharp lib lawyers are paid to split hairs and twist the meaning so the outcome could be as you say

That was not the intention of the law

but sharp lib lawyers are paid to split hairs and twist the meaning so the outcome could be as you say
Republicans wrote the law

They could have used wording that specifically applies to homosexuality and transgenderism

They chose to use vague terms like sexual orientation and gender identification

As such, they need to live with the bill they wrote
The law was mean spirited and deserves to be attacked

Republicans wrote the law

They could have used wording that specifically applies to homosexuality and transgenderism

They chose to use vague terms like sexual orientation and gender identification

As such, they need to live with the bill they wrote
The law was mean spirited and deserves to be attacked
I am not disagreeing with you

the ACLU and an obama judge could make you look like a fortune teller

I agree with you

I'm not sure they would go that far, but they sure as hell will try to lower consent laws down to say 14 or so.

Pedophilia is attraction to pre-pubescents, and I'm not sure even they will go that far.

As for the lawfare thing, yep, that's the hill they want to die on apparently, as with men competing in women's sports.

I'm not sure they would go that far, but they sure as hell will try to lower consent laws down to say 14 or so.

Pedophilia is attraction to pre-pubescents, and I'm not sure even they will go that far.

As for the lawfare thing, yep, that's the hill they want to die on apparently, as with men competing in women's sports.
Florida already has laws against pedophilia

As I stated, progs aren't going to go that far, but I'm sure they are interested in knocking down those ol' consent laws to like 14 or so.

It is Republicans who marry their 14 year old cousins
Go vote for Roy Moore

The Bill states “Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards."

The bill does not specifically specify discussion about homosexuality.
So if a teacher reads a book about a family with a Mommy and a Daddy, isn’t that a discussion of their sexual orientation?

Is a book written about a little girl or a little boy identifying their gender identity?

According to the law, a school system can be sued if a teacher provides instruction about ANY sexual orientation …..Heterosexual, Homosexual or Transsexual
If a teacher reads a book about a family with a Mommy and Daddy, that is basically presenting a normal life situation to boys and girls. It is not a discussion about sexual orientation. If a teacher reads a book about a family with '2 daddies' that is presenting an aberrant lifestyle to boys and girls. No one is going to sue a school system for reading a book to kid that presents a family with a mommy and daddy.

The law doesn’t say talking about sex

It specifically prohibits talking about sexual orientation without specifying WHICH orientation

So that would mean discussing heterosexual as well as homosexual orientations
No because heterosexual is normal.

Forum List

Back