Does a former President have the right of Executive Privilege?

I think Bill Clinton got away with it but he was a democrat so that sheds a different light on the issue. It should be noted that FDR's medical records disappeared from a locked safe shortly after he died. They could have revealed a lot about his mental and physical state but nobody seemed to care at the time including the media.
FDR's medical record have what to do with immunity?

It is a complete shame that the results of this fake and stolen election was not overturned. We would not be in the catastrophic position we are in.
It wasn't over turned because they have no evidence because there was no stolen election just yer gullibility and grifter at play here hunny...

Executive privilege?

NO.

But how many previous presidents have, or have had, records about their administrations sealed for 10 years or more?

We can follow the Democrats' examples and just make up our own rights now. We can have some 340 million different Constitutions, so nobody will feel oppressed or left out and stuff.

So Trump could have released everything ever done by ALL previous presidents?

Really?

Executive privilege?

NO.

But how many previous presidents have, or have had, records about their administrations sealed for 10 years or more?
I wasn't too thrilled with any of that. Were you?

Dude, you're a putz and a troll. Everyone here knows it.
Just because you have limited vocabulary and an ability to look up what you do not understand doesn't make me a troll, but it does you because you are only exposing your true nature.

But you are a doper. Nothing you say has any validity. It's just marijuana smoke.
Your only friend is found at the bottom of a liquor bottle. Your inability to actually comment on the subject shows a sharp decline in cognitive awareness and control, which is typical of alcoholics.

No immunity for anyone in the govt. or pigs on duty, no one is above the law regarding their actions, no one.

Just because you have limited vocabulary and an ability to look up what you do not understand doesn't make me a troll, but it does you because you are only exposing your true nature.
Would you like a tissue, son?
An aver is a verb, not a noun. So you calling the Pledge of Allegiance a "false aver" only reveals your poor education.

It really seems that the left is having sincere concerns that Trump will run again in 2024.
They want an early start to the smearing whether it be fact or fiction. It never made
any difference when he was president if it was fiction.

Associated Press

Trump wants call logs, aide's notes hidden from Jan. 6 panel​

ZEKE MILLER
Sat, October 30, 2021, 4:07 AM

Former President Donald Trump is trying to block documents including call logs, drafts of remarks and speeches and handwritten notes from his chief of staff relating to the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection from being released to the committee investigating the riot, the National Archives revealed in a court filing early Saturday.
Trump has sued to prevent the National Archives from transmitting those documents, and thousands more, to the House committee investigating the attack. President Joe Biden declined to assert executive privilege on most of Trump's records after determining that doing so is “not in the best interests of the United States.”

It seems former President Trump seeks to use this privilege to cover up the events before, during and after the events on Jan 6th, 2021.
It's a moot point since it's already well established that executive privilege can't be used to hide evidence of a crime.

Your only friend is found at the bottom of a liquor bottle. Your inability to actually comment on the subject shows a sharp decline in cognitive awareness and control, which is typical of alcoholics.

No immunity for anyone in the govt. or pigs on duty, no one is above the law regarding their actions, no one.
I don't drink at all. You made that up to feel more comfortable in your drug addiction. I cannot treat you as an ordinary person. I try. Then I recall thar you are an admitted addict. What was I thinking? It was a momentary lapse.

Forum List

Back