Do Masks Work?

It has been proven that good masks DO work. Otherwise, most hospital and medical workers would be sick or dead.

"But one solution may be hiding in plain
sight, and it is rooted in basic high school
physics. The largest respiratory droplets,
which are expelled by coughing, sneezing,
or speaking, come from the pharynx and up-
per respiratory tract.2 This is also where the
virus replicates the most.3 Volume is a cubic
function, so these large droplets can hold
exponentially more copies of the virus than
small ones. The large ones quickly succumb
to gravity due to their size, while the smaller
aerosols, generated in the lower respiratory
tracts of infected patients, can remain sus-
pended in the air for several hours.4 This
makes N95 respirators indispensable for
protecting health care workers treating criti-
cally ill patients; it also raises the question of
whether more humble alternatives could
block the large droplets outside critical care
settings. As Dr Sui Huang lays out in a bril-
liant exposition of the problem, even make-
shift masks create a physical barrier that
limits where these droplets can land.5 While
wearing them does not stop all exposure, it
is curtailed, and studies of crude masks
made from basic consumer materials suggest
that they can make a difference.
Perhaps more importantly, masks drasti-
cally reduce the number of droplets that
make it beyond the wearer’s mask and into
their surroundings. This insight may be crit-
ical for coronavirus. Preliminary analysis of
nasals swabs from asymptomatic and symp-
tomatic individuals indicate that they appear
to have similar viral loads.6 "

Some protection is better than no protection. Logic 101

While I agree with the logic of this. . . and this is what we were sold back in 2020. . . we now have empirical evidence, in the form of different nations in Europe, and different states in the US which had different approaches.

The real world data are now in. Mask mandates do NOTHING. The spread in all states and nations was, to a statistical average, basically the same. There was no difference.

The states and nations which had them, had no difference in spread than the ones that did not have them. SO? We not only have clinical & controlled, we also have empirical studies.

Your hypothesis to impose a political control narrative are NOW BUNK.

Fauci ‘not sure’ why Texas doesn’t have COVID uptick after nixing masks​

Don't be a DUMB FUCK ....

N95's will reduce exposure ......

They do not stop the spread ....

How about the ones you LOVE .....

Willing to do what it takes to reduce their EXPOSURE?

Think about it.

You sound insane in this thread. You are all over the place. The all caps certainly doesn't make you appear any more sane, either. Just saying.

The virus to masks is like volkswagon beetle to the Holland tunnel. It'll zip right through.

I wonder if it would work if I just duct tape my damn pillow to my face.

It's moreso that the virus is aerosolized and goes right around the masks in all directions when you breathe. There are demonstrative videos of aerosolized particles and masks online, if they haven't all bedn pulled down.

N95 masks work only if you are sick and wearing one to prevent your droplets from infecting another. Also, N95 masks are also effective only if you don't touch them while wearing them. If you do they lose their efficacy.

The above information is from two medical doctors as of last week.

Lady AquaAthena ... WOW .. so sweet to see your name... :11_2_1043:

Long story short, the answer is no.

"In sum, of the 14 RCTs that have tested the effectiveness of masks in preventing the transmission of respiratory viruses, three suggest, but do not provide any statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis, that masks might be useful. The other eleven suggest that masks are either useless—whether compared with no masks or because they appear not to add to good hand hygiene alone—or actually counterproductive. Of the three studies that provided statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis that was not contradicted within the same study, one found that the combination of surgical masks and hand hygiene was less effective than hand hygiene alone, one found that the combination of surgical masks and hand hygiene was less effective than nothing, and one found that cloth masks were less effective than surgical masks."

You don't dare say that on freakbook, twattle or upyourtube, they'll likely send a hit squad after ya. Evidence is irrelevant when it goes against the commie party orthodoxy.

Last edited:
Nonsense.

Tell you what...the next time you or anyone you love has surgery...insist nobody wears a mask. Ok?

Are they 100% effective? No. You do a better job of protecting yourself with proper PPE than you do without.

I haven't seen anyone in public that has proper PPE and even what they have usually isn't worn properly.

Masks work.

Just like putting up a chain link fence will keep the mosquitoes out of your yard.

Believe Tiny Tony.... he's a fucking stud.

fauci-throw-gif.gif

There are the vulnerable ....

This SHIT is real ......

They have to be protected from Faucci's virus .....

N95's .... social distancing for our most venerable is a necessity ....

Do not underestimate what these people are doing ....

Untrained people don't know how to properly fit an N95 and I don't see anyone offering the training.

"But one solution may be hiding in plain
sight, and it is rooted in basic high school
physics. The largest respiratory droplets,
which are expelled by coughing, sneezing,
or speaking, come from the pharynx and up-
per respiratory tract.2 This is also where the
virus replicates the most.3 Volume is a cubic
function, so these large droplets can hold
exponentially more copies of the virus than
small ones. The large ones quickly succumb
to gravity due to their size, while the smaller
aerosols, generated in the lower respiratory
tracts of infected patients, can remain sus-
pended in the air for several hours.4 This
makes N95 respirators indispensable for
protecting health care workers treating criti-
cally ill patients; it also raises the question of
whether more humble alternatives could
block the large droplets outside critical care
settings. As Dr Sui Huang lays out in a bril-
liant exposition of the problem, even make-
shift masks create a physical barrier that
limits where these droplets can land.5 While
wearing them does not stop all exposure, it
is curtailed, and studies of crude masks
made from basic consumer materials suggest
that they can make a difference.
Perhaps more importantly, masks drasti-
cally reduce the number of droplets that
make it beyond the wearer’s mask and into
their surroundings. This insight may be crit-
ical for coronavirus. Preliminary analysis of
nasals swabs from asymptomatic and symp-
tomatic individuals indicate that they appear
to have similar viral loads.6 "

Some protection is better than no protection. Logic 101

Taz has been wrong on COVID since the very beginning where he didn't even believe we'd hit 100k deaths.

I never believed the 100,000 figure and I don't believe this figure either.

Oof, that was a tad off (or is it taz off?).

He tends to just like some of the nuttier posters hang his hat on websites like city-data that nobody should take seriously. He basically linked to someone's opinion and ignored all the studies that show masks work.

Taz has been wrong on COVID since the very beginning where he didn't even believe we'd hit 100k deaths.

Oof, that was a tad off (or is it taz off?).

He tends to just like some of the nuttier posters hang his hat on websites like city-data that nobody should take seriously. He basically linked to someone's opinion and ignored all the studies that show masks work.

The denial by like 1/2 the population is probably the saddest part of the whole covid affair. Maybe I have some of it too; I really believe the denial, at this stage, is mostly transmitted to just say something outrageous to get a rise out of people.

The denial by like 1/2 the population is probably the saddest part of the whole covid affair. Maybe I have some of it too; I really believe the denial, at this stage, is mostly transmitted to just say something outrageous to get a rise out of people.

Yeah, I think it's a lot of things. But after experiencing over 600k deaths in this country alone, knowing how our healthcare system gets stressed during peaks, the numerous studies that show masks and vaccines work, the potential for newer, deadlier variants, videos of people now wishing they got the vaccine, the nurse and doctor stories of watching people die, especially the ones who either realized they made a mistake or in the very end were dumb as dogshit insisting they didn't have COVID. After all of this you just have to realize some people are incapable of learning.

At this point, let them watch either get sick and some will die. Hard lessons, but seriously, fuck 'em, I'm so tired of this.

Nobody is talking about N95s and yes, that was discussed in the article.

I have zero tolerance for the mask brigade telling me that N95s work...NOW....after screeching at me for a year to wear a mask made out of the curtain material Aunt Lola didn't need anymore.

Stuff it. I don't care. When you're not sick YOU DON'T NEED A MASK

It has been proven that good masks DO work. Otherwise, most hospital and medical workers would be sick or dead.

As I JUST said. Don't you dare preach to us about good masks NOW. I guarantee for over a year you've been telling us to strap worthless pieces of cotton over our faces that did nothing on pain of grandma's death

We're not listening to you anymore. You're done. Discredited.

Oh and btw? New paper out today. Vaccines not working on Delta, Antibody Dependent Enhancement coming right on up. See: Israel

This is the biggest debacle the US gov has ever undertaken and that's saying something

Wrong.
Masks are used in surgery to stop bacteria, not viruses, and they only work for 15 to 20 minutes, before they dry out and have to either be washed or thrown away.
Hospitals use much more expensive filter systems for infection prevention.
They do not use the cheap masks that are available to us.

Wrong.
Masks are used in surgery to stop bacteria, not viruses, and they only work for 15 to 20 minutes, before they dry out and have to either be washed or thrown away.
Comically false.
Hospitals use much more expensive filter systems for infection prevention.
In certain wards; yes. In most of the hospital...no.
They do not use the cheap masks that are available to us.
Ridiculously false. We use the best masks available; when they're not available...we use SCBAs. When they're not available...we'll use procedure masks.

Forum List

Back