Discussing Obamacare at Christmas dinner

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Obama has asked families to spend their Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners discussing Obamacare. I'm visiting my liberal sister this Christmas, and decided I will take Obama's advice. She keeps pestering me to sign up on healthcare.gov, so I'm open to the discussion. What should I ask her about Obamacare this Christmas? This Christmas dinner should be fun. :lol:

Also, what color pajamas should I wear to dinner? :eusa_whistle:

I can't visit my liberal sister, and wish I could. She passed away in 2007. So I recommend you tactfully take the time to appreciate what people are available to enjoy the holidays with. Today is her birthday also.

I can't visit my liberal sister, and wish I could. She passed away in 2007. So I recommend you tactfully take the time to appreciate what people are available to enjoy the holidays with. Today is her birthday also.

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you still have a great holiday. :smiliehug:

As far as my sister goes, giving her a hard time is just too tempting. :eusa_angel:

Dude! Why does Obama want WW III to break out at family holiday dinners?! :eek:

It's all part of the evil liberal "War on Christmas". He wants a fight to break out so that he can drone strike your family gathering. :evil:

Talking politics at Xmas dinner is a recipe for ruin. Still not really talking to my conservative family of assholes after it became apparent time after time that they seriously held my liberal politics against me and considered me some kind of irredeemable sinner and embarrassment to the family. What is it about conservatives that they must continually preach their prejudice and shun the people they are supposed to love because of a vote or a refusal to attend church? I would like nothing more than to get back together with them but within minutes it will start: "How's your boy Obama going to blah blah?" or "Look at how cold it is outside, global warming my ass" or even the time my ultra christian aunt interjected a wish that some of us (me) would see the error of our ways and start voting right into the pre-Christmas dinner prayer.

If your liberal sister kicks your sorry ass out of her house you will deserve it, time and again I made the effort to get along with my asshole RW family and they just could not keep their shit to themselves so have a merry fucking Christmas asshole.

If your liberal sister kicks your sorry ass out of her house you will deserve it, time and again I made the effort to get along with my asshole RW family and they just could not keep their shit to themselves so have a merry fucking Christmas asshole.

Lol?

I had dinner last night with a bunch of liberal lawyers. I fully expected a full evening of how wonderful obama is, obamacare is and how truly repulsive Phil Robertson is.

Somehow, when I wasn't looking, in the last six months, they all became conservative. obama is a fool, ocare is a failure. The entertainment lawyers couldn't believe how stupid A&E was.

I had dinner last night with a bunch of liberal lawyers. I fully expected a full evening of how wonderful obama is, obamacare is and how truly repulsive Phil Robertson is.

Somehow, when I wasn't looking, in the last six months, they all became conservative. obama is a fool, ocare is a failure. The entertainment lawyers couldn't believe how stupid A&E was.

My brother-in-law is an insurance lawyer. Maybe I should get his opinion today. :cool:

Talking politics at Xmas dinner is a recipe for ruin. Still not really talking to my conservative family of assholes after it became apparent time after time that they seriously held my liberal politics against me and considered me some kind of irredeemable sinner and embarrassment to the family. What is it about conservatives that they must continually preach their prejudice and shun the people they are supposed to love because of a vote or a refusal to attend church? I would like nothing more than to get back together with them but within minutes it will start: "How's your boy Obama going to blah blah?" or "Look at how cold it is outside, global warming my ass" or even the time my ultra christian aunt interjected a wish that some of us (me) would see the error of our ways and start voting right into the pre-Christmas dinner prayer.

You should take Moonglow's advice. I used to hate arguing politics with my right wing, conspiracy theorist mother. What I wouldn't give to have her here this Christmas to argue with... :(

Obama has asked families to spend their Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners discussing Obamacare. I'm visiting my liberal sister this Christmas, and decided I will take Obama's advice. She keeps pestering me to sign up on healthcare.gov, so I'm open to the discussion. What should I ask her about Obamacare this Christmas? This Christmas dinner should be fun. :lol:

Also, what color pajamas should I wear to dinner? :eusa_whistle:

Question, If it's politically correct to tax those who have premium coverage, why are Federal and State workers and retirees exempted? How do you define impartiality? Fairness?

Pajamas? Red, silly.

You should take Moonglow's advice. I used to hate arguing politics with my right wing, conspiracy theorist mother. What I wouldn't give to have her here this Christmas to argue with... :(

My mom is already dead, she was the one who used to gently remind the rest of them that it was Christmas and all this political shit has no place here today. I got tired of always being the one who bit my tongue, who made all the effort to get along, to steer the conversation back to anything other than having defend liberalism from a bunch of facebook (click like if you love Jesus, the flag and guns) addicts. They can sit around and talk about how Obama is a Kenyan Muslim communist all they want but they can do it without my presence.

Not a word was spoken about it last night. Really......whats to discuss at this point? At this point, about as relevant as discussing the Titanic's sinking.

Only thing that might be discussed is how to get rid of this stoopid ass law.

My family did talk about how laughable it is that Obama is polling lower than Nixon. Did a toast for that.......a shot of that Fireball stuff for that!! Dang that stuff is good.

Forum List

Back