De Blasio giving freed NYC inmates MetroCards and gift cards...it PAYS to be a criminal in NYC!

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
So sorry we had to lock you up — please accept these parting gifts as an expression of our hope, it won’t happen again!

Mayor Bill de Blasio’s latest soft-on-crime initiative has workers stationed on Rikers Island presenting newly released jailbirds with free transit passes and two $25 debit cards each, The Post has learned.

Plans even call for the addition of prepaid, “burner”-style cellphones and drawstring bags for the ex-inmates to carry their swag, a source familiar with the program said.

The “crime pays” giveaways build on another de Blasio policy — revealed by The Post last month — that showers freebies including Mets tickets on prisoners being released under the state’s new bail-reform law.

Those goodies are intended to serve as incentives so the defendants return to court as ordered, but the new program covers everyone who’s released from Department of Correction custody, the source said.

That includes cons who have finished their jail terms or been sentenced to time served.

Law enforcement officials were outraged over the swag bags.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

------------

Proof positive that communists are fucking nuts and enemies of America, as well as dangerous criminals best friends

Need to give them a new suit, and $30, just like the old days.

I'm not so sure $50 and a transit pass are such a big deal. Do these people have a place to stay or some sort of job/training lined up? Otherwise, what are their options?

Need to give them a new suit, and $30, just like the old days.
I got 100.00 and a bus ticket.

I don't know the details of this story but convicts being released need a boost in order to not wind up under a bridge or back in prison.
Simply booting them out the door with no resources is a recipe to getting their new neighbors robbed or worse.

I'm not so sure $50 and a transit pass are such a big deal. Do these people have a place to stay or some sort of job/training lined up? Otherwise, what are their options?
If that's all it is it's far from a problem and also far from enough. The bus pass is invaluable but 50 bucks won't even pay for one room for one night.

I personally think that this is a reasonable program that at least gives these people an opportunity to help begin their lives again.

I personally think that this is a reasonable program that at least gives these people an opportunity to help begin their lives again.
Every little bit helps prevent recidivism. I can only imagine how tough it is to start over now. I got released in 1988 before social media and cancel culture were even thought of.
Even back then without social media it was near impossible to land a job and landlords would just laugh you off. The stigma is pretty awful.
I get that a lot of these people are irredeemable but there are a lot that just needed a course correction too.
As a society we have to deal with these people in our lives so why not give them everything WITHIN REASON to aid them becoming stable members of society.

Or we can just ignore them and act baffled when they commit more crimes in our communities

Forum List

Back