Dayton's Dollar General Robbery

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
Let's see if this Good Samaritan gets the Amber Guyger treatment after the riots for "justice" begins. DG's policy seems unclear.

Hall said police will present everything to prosecutors for review.

Dollar General officials said they have several measures to protect the safety of employees and customers, however, they stopped short of saying if employees are allowed to carry firearms, according to a statement obtained by this news outlet.

“At Dollar General the safety of our customers and employees is a priority,” a public relations spokesperson said in an email. “In line with that commitment, we employ a number of safety and security procedures to prevent, deter, and if necessary, respond to criminal activity in our stores.”

“To protect the integrity of these measures, we do not comment on them specifically,” the spokesperson said.

Police don’t often come across a robbery in which a store employees uses deadly force to thwart a robbery.

“As far as the individual (employee), he was legally possessing a weapon and he was on private property at his place of employment,” Hall said, adding a conceal carry permit isn’t required on private property
Dollar General clerk kills armed robber: ‘I shot him in self-defense’

Last edited:
Wow another thread on this?

Okay….a guy gets killed robbing a dollar store. That isn’t a tragedy; that is natural selection.
Because I intend to focus on what happens to the Good Samaritan, not what the other devolved into

Let's see if this Good Samaritan gets the Amber Guyger treatment after the riots for "justice" begins. DG's policy seems unclear.

Dollar General officials said they have several measures to protect the safety of employees and customers, however, they stopped short of saying if employees are allowed to carry firearms, according to a statement obtained by this news outlet.

“At Dollar General the safety of our customers and employees is a priority,” a public relations spokesperson said in an email. “In line with that commitment, we employ a number of safety and security procedures to prevent, deter, and if necessary, respond to criminal activity in our stores.”

“To protect the integrity of these measures, we do not comment on them specifically,” the spokesperson said.

Police don’t often come across a robbery in which a store employees uses deadly force to thwart a robbery.

“As far as the individual (employee), he was legally possessing a weapon and he was on private property at his place of employment,” Hall said, adding a conceal carry permit isn’t required on private property
Ummmm.....how is this remotely similar to Amber Guyger??

I walked into Dollar General and thought I was in my house

As always -

Rappley does have prior history with police, according to Dayton Police Lt. Jason Hall, involving pending weapons charges and possible involvement in other commercial robberies in the area, including the recent robbery of a Dollar General on Main Street.

Forum List

Back