DANG! Navy Can't Drive Ships: Here we go again,#5. Time to hire professional drivers. FFS!?

U.S. warship collides with Japanese tug boat, marking the fifth time this year that a ship in the U.S. Navy's 7th Fleet in the Pacific has been involved in a crash. US warship collides with Japanese tug boat, latest mishap for the Navy's 7th Fleet

The USS Benfold, a guided-missile destroyer, sustained minor damage when a tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the ship, the Navy said. No one was injured on either vessel and an initial assessment of the damage showed that the destroyer only sustained minimal damage including scrapes.

-----

:mad:I wonder if the Captain was doing a hooker here.
As why these happen ALL THE TIME NOW?
Or is this a CIC-Bone Spur issue? ARE these drivers
tweeting as they drive? Is that illegal on water?:rolleyes:

btw: The name is fitting. "USS Benfold "
And the Military wants to stop having standards that exclude folks...imagine that? People with 80 IQs trans gendered psychopaths clueless wonders, we can't have standards now, can we?

Unless you have any evidence that a transgendered psychopath with an IQ of 80 was on the tugboat, your comment is irrelevant.

Who the fuck "drives a ship"?!
People who crash .them.

You mean the tug captain? Because that is who caused the crash in the OP. The Navy was not driving the USS Benfold.

Again, the USS (CRASHING INTO) 'TUGfolder', was under its own power at the time. They DID lose the location of the tug, as it ran into the DRIFTING TUG!
80% of reports are reporting as so.

They were involved in a towing exercise. The ship being towed never engages the screw while being towed. So the USS Benfold was not moving under her own power and was not doing the steering. Otherwise, there would be no towing exercise and there would be no need for a tug.

The links I have seen in the thread were talking about the aftermath.

Show me a link that says the USS Benfold was under her own power when the incident happened.

After the CHEAP TUG LOST POWER. The USS (CRASHING INTO) 'TUGfolder' UNDER POWER HIT IT!

Show me one story that states that? Every story I have seen states that the tug lost power and then drifted into the USS Benfold. And they all say it happened during a towing exercise. The USS Benfold would not have her screws turning while being towed. The third link I posted even said "the tugboat lost control and drifted into the warship as a rope got caught in its propeller".

People who crash .them.

You mean the tug captain? Because that is who caused the crash in the OP. The Navy was not driving the USS Benfold.

Again, the USS (CRASHING INTO) 'TUGfolder', was under its own power at the time. They DID lose the location of the tug, as it ran into the DRIFTING TUG!

They were involved in a towing exercise. The ship being towed never engages the screw while being towed. So the USS Benfold was not moving under her own power and was not doing the steering. Otherwise, there would be no towing exercise and there would be no need for a tug.

Show me a link that says the USS Benfold was under her own power when the incident happened.

After the CHEAP TUG LOST POWER. The USS (CRASHING INTO) 'TUGfolder' UNDER POWER HIT IT!

No where have I seen that the USS Benfold was under her own power when the incident occurred. And not one article I have seen described it as the warship hitting the tug (Unless it was a sensationalistic headline and then was corrected in the article)

People who crash .them.

Show me one story that states that? Every story I have seen states that the tug lost power and then drifted into the USS Benfold. And they all say it happened during a towing exercise. The USS Benfold would not have her screws turning while being towed. The third link I posted even said "the tugboat lost control and drifted into the warship as a rope got caught in its propeller".

"drifted into the USS Benfold" the part you missed was, INTO THE PATH OF THE UNDER IT"S OWN POWER, USS TUGFOLDER!

People who crash .them.

Wrong.

People who crash .them.

Wrong.
Let's wait for the final US NAVY report.
So far, the USS TUGFOLDER IS AT FAULT!

"drifted into the USS Benfold" the part you missed was, INTO THE PATH OF THE UNDER IT"S OWN POWER, USS TUGFOLDER!

Where was this said? Link?

Wrong.

Bullshit. Repeating the same lie does not change it into truth. The news reports CLEARLY state that the tug lost power and drifted INTO the USS Benfold. If the tug drifted into the Navy ship, the ship is not to blame.

Still waiting for a link (as opposed to a made-up or edited quote without reference)

Wrong.

Have you ever conducted a towing exercise? If not, shut up! You have no idea what you are talking about!

The Navy report will be be about a paragraph long based on the information we have seen.

People who crash .them.

Where di anyone say that? I mean besides you. Not one article I have seen says that. And that includes the link in the OP that YOU posted.

Wrong.

Bullshit. Repeating the same lie does not change it into truth. The news reports CLEARLY state that the tug lost power and drifted INTO the USS Benfold. If the tug drifted into the Navy ship, the ship is not to blame.

Still waiting for a link (as opposed to a made-up or edited quote without reference)

Really. If this was a lie. As I never need to LIE.
You are living fully under the spell of the GREAT CIC DOUCHE LIES FOR EVERTHANG TO START!. btw. The CIC Douche cares nothang about the NAVY FOLKS!

trumpbanana.jpg

Wrong.

Have you ever conducted a towing exercise? If not, shut up! You have no idea what you are talking about!

The Navy report will be be about a paragraph long based on the information we have seen.

But he has been tuna fishing and has, apparently, watched some tugboats. But no, he has never been involved in a naval towing exercise or actual naval towing maneuvers.

Wrong.

Really. If this was a lie. As I never need to LIE.
You are living fully under the spell of the GREAT CIC DOUCHE LIES FOR EVERTHANG TO START!.

trumpbanana.jpg

Completely irrelevant.

You posted a quote. All you have to do is give a link to where you got it. That should be simple enough. Trump bananas don't show your source for the quote.

This quote is bullshit. Show a source where this was said, unedited.

What? No link showing the source? Or at least an admission that you edited the hell out of it to try and prove a point?

What a shocker.

What? No link showing the source? Or at least an admission that you edited the hell out of it to try and prove a point?

What a shocker.

USS Benfold (DDG-65) returned to Yokosuka, Japan after the warship collided with a tugboat during a towing exercise in the Sagami Bay on Saturday.

An evaluation of the damage on the warship found “minimal scrapes” and a “slight dent” in the starboard slightly aft of amidships, according to 7th Fleet.

USNI News has learned that the collision occurred while both ships were moving at low speeds while the towline between the two ships was loosened. The loose line became wrapped in the propeller of the Japanese tug and caused it to lose propulsion and drift into Benfold. The incident is under investigation and it is unclear how long the ship, assigned to the forward-deployed Destroyer Squadron 15, maybe pier side.
Destroyer USS Benfold Back in Yokosuka with ‘Slight Dent’ After Tug Collision - USNI News

The tug was in the wrong place when the USS Crash into thangs 'TUGFOLDER' hit it.

170828-N-TR141-0757-1.jpg

What a shocker.

USS Benfold (DDG-65) returned to Yokosuka, Japan after the warship collided with a tugboat during a towing exercise in the Sagami Bay on Saturday.

An evaluation of the damage on the warship found “minimal scrapes” and a “slight dent” in the starboard slightly aft of amidships, according to 7th Fleet.

USNI News has learned that the collision occurred while both ships were moving at low speeds while the towline between the two ships was loosened. The loose line became wrapped in the propeller of the Japanese tug and caused it to lose propulsion and drift into Benfold. The incident is under investigation and it is unclear how long the ship, assigned to the forward-deployed Destroyer Squadron 15, maybe pier side.
Destroyer USS Benfold Back in Yokosuka with ‘Slight Dent’ After Tug Collision - USNI News

The tug was in the wrong place when the USS Crash into thangs 'TUGFOLDER' hit it.

170828-N-TR141-0757-1.jpg

"USNI News has learned that the collision occurred while both ships were moving at low speeds while the towline between the two ships was loosened. The loose line became wrapped in the propeller of the Japanese tug and caused it to lose propulsion and drift into Benfold."

If there was a tow line, the USS Benfold was moving because it was being towed. Also, you keep conveniently ignoring what it says in every article I have seen. "...lose propulsion and drift into Benfold.".

The tug lost power and drifted into the Benfold. The TUG HIT THE BENFOLD. Not the other way around.

Forum List

Back