Cute Sweet Story: 36 dollar tip inspires menu item to memorialize a friend

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Tennessee Waitress Receives Tip That Brought Tears to Her Eyes - Yahoo

"Today is my brother's b-day," it said, written behind the credit card receipt. "He would have been 36 today. Every year I go eat his favorite meal (hot dogs) and tip the waitress his age. Happy B-day Wes."

View photo

0809f320-c831-11e4-b6fd-4381cb595427_HT_waitress_tip_1_jtm_150311_4x3_992.jpg

Claire Hudson

"I was in tears when I read it," Hudson said. "I had to go in the back of the restaurant and compose myself before I went out to my other tables."

About three hours after the experience, Hudson posted an image of her customer's note on Reddit.

"When I woke up I was on the front page," she said. "It had over 1.5 million views on Imgur and 350K upvotes on Reddit."

In light of her story going viral, Hudson and the restaurant owner hope to track down the kind patron that left the tip.

"We want to see what his brother Wes liked on his hot dogs because we'd like to name a hot dog after him," she said.

Tennessee Waitress Receives Tip That Brought Tears to Her Eyes - Yahoo

"Today is my brother's b-day," it said, written behind the credit card receipt. "He would have been 36 today. Every year I go eat his favorite meal (hot dogs) and tip the waitress his age. Happy B-day Wes."

View photo

0809f320-c831-11e4-b6fd-4381cb595427_HT_waitress_tip_1_jtm_150311_4x3_992.jpg

Claire Hudson

"I was in tears when I read it," Hudson said. "I had to go in the back of the restaurant and compose myself before I went out to my other tables."

About three hours after the experience, Hudson posted an image of her customer's note on Reddit.

"When I woke up I was on the front page," she said. "It had over 1.5 million views on Imgur and 350K upvotes on Reddit."

In light of her story going viral, Hudson and the restaurant owner hope to track down the kind patron that left the tip.

"We want to see what his brother Wes liked on his hot dogs because we'd like to name a hot dog after him," she said.

That would be nice to name the hot dog after him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back