Couple Does Reverse Trick Or Treating To Meet Their New Neighbors.

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Sadly it went nothing like the way that they had hoped. Go here for the story. I wonder if any of the people were nice at all to the new couple?

God bless you and the couple always!!!

Holly

I feel sorry for the couple

Seems they have moved into a neighborhood of assholes

I feel sorry for the couple

Seems they have moved into a neighborhood of assholes
Not really, this is not a surprise at all. In many communities, folks are so addicted to TEE VEE and social media, that they are seeped in fear of outsiders.

The establishment promotes fear of others, and hate of out-groups, not of love of other, of unity and of community. This is what is really the goal of CRT and similar philosophies. DIVISION and suspicion of the other. The blame game.

Unless you have small kids who play outside, there is little opportunity to meet your neighbors other than wave as they drive by

This seems like a good opportunity to break the ice

What would the neighbors have said if they just knocked on the door to introduce themselves

Sadly it went nothing like the way that they had hoped. Go here for the story. I wonder if any of the people were nice at all to the new couple?

Holly
Easy solution… burn the neighborhood down.

my girl and I used to go reverse trick or treating but we did it differently. We dressed up and walked around handing candy to kids who were trick or treating. It was fun and beats waiting at home for knocks on the door.

A couple of adults in costume come around the night before halloween to pass out candy? How did they get away without being hauled off in a police car? What were they thinking?

^^^ My question is what would have happened if they had dressed up as Bible characters? I ask because at least one person that they got to "meet" gave them grief about having anything to do with such a satanic holiday.

Holly

P.S. When I was a kid, and my church acknowledged the occasion, Bible characters are what we dressed up as for the yearly party. :) :) :)

Unless you have small kids who play outside, there is little opportunity to meet your neighbors other than wave as they drive by

This seems like a good opportunity to break the ice

What would the neighbors have said if they just knocked on the door to introduce themselves
I agree.

It was probably, too much, too soon, in too odd a way. In small town America, the tradition is to bake a cake or cookies, come over on a Sunday afternoon or evening, and say howdy for a chat so folks can get a good look at you.

Talk about where you are from, what you do, why you moved to the neighborhood. ETC.

^^^ My question is what would have happened if they had dressed up as Bible characters? I ask because at least one person that they got to "meet" gave them grief about having anything to do with such a satanic holiday.

Holly

P.S. When I was a kid, and my church acknowledged the occasion, Bible characters are what we dressed up as for the yearly party. :) :) :)
When I moved to the new community that I raised my kid in, it was a very religious community, far less houses to trick or treat at, then the one I had lived at from his birth to five.

I didn't understand at first, till I saw that the Junior High did a cooperative Halloween party with one of the big churches in the area every Halloween that drew about half the community. (very small town.)

So for the first few years we sent till he was old enough to go out on his own and ride a bike from house to house.

He one a free bike in one of the raffles. He always has been a blessed kid.

Forum List

Back