Common Sense is not part of "Common Core"...

The thing is with this method , a lot of parents wont be able to understand their kids homework because they were never taught in this manner.. So, after the kids leave school they are pretty much on their own
first, it's the child's homework, not the parents.
second, the parents can learn if they want to help. they aren't difficult concepts, it should not take them long.
So you say if your child has NO ideal what he is doing we should just tell them screw it , its your homework deal.. Nope I did not parent like that. Sometimes children need extra help ..

The thing is with this method , a lot of parents wont be able to understand their kids homework because they were never taught in this manner.. So, after the kids leave school they are pretty much on their own
first, it's the child's homework, not the parents.
second, the parents can learn if they want to help. they aren't difficult concepts, it should not take them long.
So you say if your child has NO ideal what he is doing we should just tell them screw it , its your homework deal.. Nope I did not parent like that. Sometimes children need extra help ..
if your child has no idea what they are doing they aren't paying attention in class. you should probably talk to them about that.

and kids may need some extra help. so learn the concepts and help them. these aren't difficult ideas.

You goons do realize that Common Core was developed at the state level, with no federal input or dollars, right? And approved in 46 states, which means almost all of the red states approved it.

You anti-Common Core dipshits are retarded, and are trying to devolve your kids into retardation with this idiotic about-face on Common Core.

"We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Goldfish. You have the brains of goldfish.

Common Core was designed to give our kids the necessary skills to succeed in the business world so we can get our edge back on the world stage.

If you don't want your kids to be flipping burgers for their entire lives, you better get your shit together. Quickly.

They've been using 'regroup' for decades.

moonglow said:
I developed my own after being taught tables and memorization..

bodecea said:
Same here.....I remember "Minute Man Drills" in 2-4th grade....locked those multiplication tables down in my brain forever.

Well, it's nice to see that your teachers got the "man" part right with you, at least.

Ugh. :badgrin:

NLT

Forum List

Back