Common core math problems ..

George’s cat, Midnight, eats 28 cups of food in one week. Midnight eats the same amount each day. In one day, how many cups does the cat eat?

https://www.auburnschools.org/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=5644&dataid=4019&FileName=Daily%20Math%20Practice%20Homework%20Week%2014%203rd%20grade.docx

That's a bad link pal...

It's a school. You need a student account to access it.

That's why I posted the 3rd grade question that's easier than the 1st grade question you claimed.

I found that question on a middle school quiz (6th/7th/8th grade)

Don't know the answer?

It's very cool and a good idea to give kids the confidence to think about numbers, not just add/subtract/multiply/divide them by rote.

Both of these word problems help kids identify necessary information to solve a problem. There's nothing wrong with that.
How do you reach that conclusion?

In the OP's very first example, the information given is on Midnight. No information is given about Rusty. In fact, until the last sentence, Rusty isn't even in the equation.

So, tell Me. Is Rusty alive?
Is Rusty the same kind of dog?
Is Rusty the same sized dog?
Does Rusty exercise more than Midnight?

If Midnight is eating 4 cups a day, is Rusty secretly a bitch with just a really big tail?

I don't really have a problem with kids learning alternate ways of doing the math as long as they come to the right answer and understand how they reached that answer. However, if this is a sample of common core math, then people who promote it should have to solve these kinds of problems from a jail cell.

George’s cat, Midnight, eats 28 cups of food in one week. Midnight eats the same amount each day. In one day, how many cups does the cat eat?

https://www.auburnschools.org/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=5644&dataid=4019&FileName=Daily%20Math%20Practice%20Homework%20Week%2014%203rd%20grade.docx

That's a bad link pal...

It's a school. You need a student account to access it.

That's why I posted the 3rd grade question that's easier than the 1st grade question you claimed.

I found that question on a middle school quiz (6th/7th/8th grade)

I am not in damn school now am I , give me a credible link, or I call bullshit.

I am not in damn school now am I , give me a credible link, or I call bullshit.
Actually i'm calling your opening post bull.

It certainly isn't a first grade question, and I actually found it as a middle school question, where students first learn to use X as an unknown.

So the answers would be 4-X and 6+X

tims dog, midnight, eats 28 cups of food in a week. midnight eats the same amount each day. in one - Brainly.com

Tims dog, midnight, eats 28 cups of food in a week. midnight eats the same amount each day. in one day, how many more cups of food will midnight eat than Rusty? explain.

That's not a credible link, it's blurred

All I see after the blurr is this pal

Tims dog, midnight, eats 28 cups of food in a week. midnight eats the same amount each day. in one day, how many more cups of food will midnight eat than Rusty? explain.

by Heidy410/20/2016
Only registered members have access to verified answers

JOIN NOW
Advertisement

Answers
  • Brainly User
You did not mention rusty sorry can't help but midnight eats 4 cups a day

1 vote

you didn't explain
This question is archived. Ask new question
Advertisement

That's what I said, you posted a 7th grade question, pretending it was a 1st grade question/.

tims dog, midnight, eats 28 cups of food in a week. midnight eats the same amount each day. in one - Brainly.com

That's not a credible link, it's blurred

by Heidy410/20/2016
Only registered members have access to verified answers

JOIN NOW
Advertisement

Answers
  • Brainly User
You did not mention rusty sorry can't help but midnight eats 4 cups a day

1 vote

you didn't explain
This question is archived. Ask new question
Advertisement

So this is a true question and LoneLaugher is lying by calling it a fake, interesting

That's what I said, you posted a 7th grade question, pretending it was a 1st grade question/.

How did I know if it was a 1st grade question or a 7th grade question? My youngest is in college...

And it's written like a 1st grade question...

Don't know the answer?

It's very cool and a good idea to give kids the confidence to think about numbers, not just add/subtract/multiply/divide them by rote.

Both of these word problems help kids identify necessary information to solve a problem. There's nothing wrong with that.

So in other words, when not enough information is available...don't solve the problem. Sure sounds like a liberal teacher trying to screw up more liberals.

How did I know if it was a 1st grade question or a 7th grade question? My youngest is in college...

Come on someone here at USMB can help me figure out my first grade home work...

Why open the op with a LIE?

So this is a true question and LoneLaugher is lying by calling it a fake, interesting

You still can't give me a credible link? And seriously this is written at the 7th grade level?????

If it is skool is getting more dumber then I thought

CIMG0172 (1).JPG

Don't know the answer?

So in other words, when not enough information is available...don't solve the problem. Sure sounds like a liberal teacher trying to screw up more liberals.

Actually it's a preparation for higher mathematics, where the answer includes unknown quantities, such as X and Y. In the age of calculators, nobody has to do math by rote.

Why open the op with a LIE?

Because once again this is written at the 7th grade level? For who retards like you?

View attachment 172484

I was learning God damn trigonometry of the drafting boards by the 9th grade. this is a fucking embarrassment

Don't know the answer?

Actually it's a preparation for higher mathematics, where the answer includes unknown quantities, such as X and Y. In the age of calculators, nobody has to do math by rote.

What if the power goes out these college kids at the local quickie mart has to close the store because none of these kids can figure out how to add the sales tax

I was learning God damn trigonometry of the drafting boards by the 9th grade. this is a fucking embarrassment

Yet you forgot a simple 7th grade math question.

Q: What is the area of a BOX

A: B x H

That's what you learn in middle school. To solve problems you don't have the numbers for.

Forum List

Back