Commerce Secty in hit and run

Wait a minute. He's under investigation for felony hit and run, and they let him leave and go back to Washington? How does that work?

Why wouldn't they? Bryson was cited, not arrested. Even if he had been arrested, I'm sure he would have made bail. Bail is used to ensure availability for trial, and given that Bryson does not seem to be a flight risk there would be no reason to require him to stay in the state. Remaining in the area might make interviewing him easier, but Bryson is under no legal obligation to submit to interviews anyway.

so what was his justification for leaving the seen when he apparently recovered enough to do so?

I don't believe he has offered any justification, at least publicly. Given his position that he suffered a seizure (and witness statements that he seemed confused) I assume he will eventually say that he didn't know what he was doing.

So typical of the obama administration. If we can just get his boss to admit the same thing...

so what was his justification for leaving the seen when he apparently recovered enough to do so?

I don't believe he has offered any justification, at least publicly. Given his position that he suffered a seizure (and witness statements that he seemed confused) I assume he will eventually say that he didn't know what he was doing.

LOLOL, I love this, always a reason or excuse why a democrat can break or bend the law, but noone else can.

My (inexpert) understanding of California law is that felony hit and run requires that the person know that an accident occurred and that someone was injured. So if Bryson was suffering from a seizure that left him blacked out (as Politico's story says a previous seizure did) then he did not commit a crime.

Wait a minute. He's under investigation for felony hit and run, and they let him leave and go back to Washington? How does that work?

Why wouldn't they? Bryson was cited, not arrested. Even if he had been arrested, I'm sure he would have made bail. Bail is used to ensure availability for trial, and given that Bryson does not seem to be a flight risk there would be no reason to require him to stay in the state. Remaining in the area might make interviewing him easier, but Bryson is under no legal obligation to submit to interviews anyway.

Ohh really? Then why is Zimmerman in jail, he has proven he is not a flight risk, is not a threat to the community and claims self defense. Ohh ya he isn't a Federal Official able to just ignore the law.

LOLOL, I love this, always a reason or excuse why a democrat can break or bend the law, but noone else can.

My (inexpert) understanding of California law is that felony hit and run requires that the person know that an accident occurred and that someone was injured. So if Bryson was suffering from a seizure that left him blacked out (as Politico's story says a previous seizure did) then he did not commit a crime.

I agree but he certainly shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel any longer.

Ohh really? Then why is Zimmerman in jail, he has proven he is not a flight risk, is not a threat to the community and claims self defense. Ohh ya he isn't a Federal Official able to just ignore the law.

Come on now. Murder is slightly different dontcha think? And on top of that he had bail but he lied to the judge about his finances.

Let's compare apple's to apple's shall we.

My point is how convienent, that when this stuff happens it's a liberal. Somehow I dont think the Daily Koss of Huffington Post would buy it, if the person was a republican. Just sayin.
so he had a seizure, crashed and just walked away? Noone stopped him to help or check it out? He didnt call the police or ambulence?

My guess is since he's a public figure they will be able to keep an eye on him even from a distance. Not to mention that until they arrest him they really cant force him to do anything.

Yes, apparently. That's the Commerce Department's statement (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77263.html):

He's a democrat, rules dont apply. He can do what he wants and the drones will still back him.

I highly doubt that's what he is arguing for his justification. It may be the way some see things, but that reasoning wont hold up in court.

Unlike the Bryson case, which is unfolding, we may speak more definitively of Zimmerman's status. He is in jail awaiting a bond hearing (Bond revoked, Zimmerman returns to Fla. jail | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram). His old bond was revoked when evidence emerged that Zimmerman had lied to the court in order to obtain a low bail. Unless the judge decides to punish him for the lie, presumably he will get a higher bail amount rather than being held without bail, as you seem to incorrectly imply.

Wait now I know why they didnt arrest him. He's white, if it were Ron Brown, they would have brought the brother in, but he's whitey so he gets free. Where are Sharpton and Jackson?
We have a white perp running around and wasnt arrested on the scene!

It may be enough for a jury. But then there is likely reasonable doubt depending on the experts testimony.

He's a democrat, rules dont apply. He can do what he wants and the drones will still back him.

I highly doubt that's what he is arguing for his justification. It may be the way some see things, but that reasoning wont hold up in court.

no the point is, rules dont apply to democrats. They love to make them, but they dont actually follow them. Sure he wouldnt say that in court, he'd hope the judge was a democrat and let him go.

He's in jail because he stupidly didnt provide them with his second passport.

He may be safer in prison anyway.

My point is how convienent, that when this stuff happens it's a liberal. Somehow I dont think the Daily Koss of Huffington Post would buy it, if the person was a republican. Just sayin.
so he had a seizure, crashed and just walked away? Noone stopped him to help or check it out? He didnt call the police or ambulence?

You don't seem to have a factual understanding of what happened. According to the Politico story, following the second crash Bryson passed out, was taken to the hospital, and was cited by the police. And he wasn't allowed by police to leave the scene of the first collision, he left before the police got there. I don't read the Huffington Post or the "Daily Koss" so I can't speak to their coverage (nor do I care very much about it).

You don't seem to have a factual understanding of what happened. According to the Politico story, following the second crash Bryson passed out, was taken to the hospital, and was cited by the police. And he wasn't allowed by police to leave the scene of the first collision, he left before the police got there. I don't read the Huffington Post or the "Daily Koss" so I can't speak to their coverage (nor do I care very much about it).

Wait, SECOND crash? Uh I wanna hear this timeline, did he have the seizure on the first or second crash?

no the point is, rules dont apply to democrats. They love to make them, but they dont actually follow them. Sure he wouldnt say that in court, he'd hope the judge was a democrat and let him go.

I don't think there is any evidence to support the claim that Democratic politicians (I assume you aren't speaking of people who vote Democratic) are more felonious than their Republican counterparts. Indeed, a quick scan of a list of convicted federal officials (List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) finds about three Republicans for every Democrat.

Wait, SECOND crash? Uh I wanna hear this timeline, did he have the seizure on the first or second crash?

It's unfortunate that you don't seem capable of reading linked stories yourself. First, let me note that I don't know whether Bryson suffered a seizure at all (though I suspect he did). The claim that he had a seizure comes from the Commerce Department. They did not say when it occurred relative to the collisions.

It may be enough for a jury. But then there is likely reasonable doubt depending on the experts testimony.

I would be very surprised if this case ever came before a jury.

Forum List

Back