Colin Powell: George Zimmerman Verdict 'Questionable'

Powell is black and lacks the courage to disagree with other blackness. No matter what he really thinks, he is forced to raise questions to keep his own credibility with his own people going. If he didn't he would be another Alan West and he's not prepared to do that.

That's an ignorant statement and assumption on your part. He doesn't need to answer or address the zimmerman trial to keep his credibility with "his people" (whatever the heck that means), "his people" are the American people he served throught the years of his military and government service. General Powell is his own man. “From my reading, it seems this young man was pursued and there was no probable cause to engage him, certainly not pursue and shoot him…against the direction of the 911 responder. Let’s all be appalled at this instance not because of race, but because a young American man has lost his life, seemingly, for no reason, ” said West in March last year.

"“It was going to be hard to prove that second degree murder [charge],” West added. “I think that if we had less of those external voices coming down, maybe the system of Justice could have worked out in the proper way.”

“First of all, if all that has been reported is accurate, the Sanford Police Chief should be relieved of his duties due to what appears to be a mishandling of this shooting in its early stages. The US Navy SEALS identified Osama Bin Laden within hours, while this young man laid on a morgue slab for three days. The shooter, Mr Zimmerman, should have been held in custody and certainly should not be walking free, still having a concealed weapons carry permit. From my reading, it seems this young man was pursued and there was no probable cause to engage him, certainly not pursue and shoot him….against the direction of the 911 responder…I have signed a letter supporting a DOJ investigation.”-Allen West (Front Page Magazine 7/8/2013) - See more at: Allen West Supports DOJ Civil Rights Probe Into Zimmerman, Carson Supports Murder Charge - The Shark Tank - The Shark Tank

Read more at: Allen West Supports DOJ Civil Rights Probe Into Zimmerman, Carson Supports Murder Charge - The Shark Tank - The Shark Tank | The Shark Tank

Does the same apply to Alan West and his "blackness"? Is Alan West "to keep his own credibility with his own people going."? :lol:

I agree: General has never been anything but his own man. That is one very outstanding characteristic of his. To suggest anything else has to be either great ignorance or said for self serving purposes. He could have easily been the first black American president but chose not to run for the very reason he is his own man.

Last edited:
While I am mainstream GOP, you are so far reactionary right Jim DeMint looks like a commie.

When progs and moderates and conservatives thank me and have for years for keeping a lid on the reactionaries, then I might not be nearly as far left as you think but that you are far more right than your realize.

Colin Powell is preferable by a factor of ten to A. West. That is common sense.

When progs and moderates and conservatives thank me and have for years for keeping a lid on the reactionaries, then I might not be nearly as far left as you think but that you are far more right than your realize.

:lol: Nobody's buying your crap, kid. Even your fellow progs see through it.

did they whine about the OJ Simpson verdict being questionable...

crickets chirping is all I heard and blocking off streets with adoring cheering crowds

A black woman I worked with thought OJ was guilty and tsk tsk'd and shook her head when he got off. I, a white woman, on the other hand, didn't think they had a strong enough case against him.

People like you probably have a hard time understanding something like that.

A black woman I worked with thought OJ was guilty and tsk tsk'd and shook her head when he got off. I, a white woman, on the other hand, didn't think they had a strong enough case against him.

People like you probably have a hard time understanding something like that.
I was walking out of a liquor store not to long ago, a black guy standing outside asked me if I had any "change to spare".

I reached in my pocket and started to pull some out, but then stopped and asked, "OJ, innocent or guilty?"

He replied, "Innocent!"

I said, "Aw man, you were that close!" (Put my hand back in my pocket and walked to my car).

As I was getting into my car, he was screaming, "That ain't right, man! That ain't right!"

Yup, my comments generally are right, every day in every way, while your comment falls flat.

Last edited:
General Powell in terms of honor and character obviously shines a light on the lack of character and decency of the reactionaries on this Board.

Thank you, General, for your service, you should know very few of your detractors here were ever patriotic enough to join the service and give honorable duty.

I disagree with your opinion because the jury has spoken, but your right to your opinion is sacrosanct.

Yeah, he was a "hero" in 'Nam for "saving" his commanding general from a burning chopper.

But, he quickly became a "political general" as outline @ Colin Powell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:eusa_whistle:

At least he served his country by going to Vietnam, unlike many of his detractors. Was there anything wrong him trying to be all he can be and advance his career in the military?

Yup, my comments generally are right, every day in every way, while your comment falls flat.
Our rep counts suggest otherwise. :lol:

Your rep count reflects reactionary sycophancy on the Board only, while mine reflects the slog through you chowder heads and prevailing.

That is why all the reactionaries on the Board had their bowels seize up and conniption fits to boot when the rules were adjusted to make the protocol fair and impartial.

You guys know that you can never win a fair fight. The voter suppression effort is but what an example of it.

That is why the mainstream of the GOP has been marginalizing you since the election.

Your rep count reflects reactionary sycophancy on the Board only, while mine reflects the slog through you chowder heads and prevailing.

That is why all the reactionaries on the Board had their bowels seize up and conniption fits to boot when the rules were adjusted to make the protocol fair and impartial.

You guys know that you can never win a fair fight. The voter suppression effort is but what an example of it.

That is why the mainstream of the GOP has been marginalizing you since the election.
I see lots of prog talking points in there. Good robot! :thup:

Forum List

Back