Cherry Garcia.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
What's your favorite kind of ice cream ?
948dbb52-5de7-407e-a1f9-ba64e88f1c0e.606fa67fc14a15c38d63a470e0aca947.jpeg

What's your favorite kind of ice cream ?

I just discovered this stuff called Nick's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup:

large_7a82dd8f-7f76-4732-ba5c-ba3e6991243c.JPG

An entire pint is only 370 calories, compared to 1,010 calories in a pint of Cherry Garcia.

Plus I'm not supporting leftist American-hating scumbags...

:)

I buy store brand ice cream if or when I buy it.

It's just as good as the big name stuff, at half the price or less.

And like StarYucks "coffee"..........I cannot fathom spending $6.00 for .25 cents worth of coffee.........just like I can't see paying $6.00 for a pint of ice cream when I can get half a gallon for half that price!!!

I buy store brand ice cream if or when I buy it.

It's just as good as the big name stuff, at half the price or less.

And like StarYucks "coffee"..........I cannot fathom spending $6.00 for .25 cents worth of coffee.........just like I can't see paying $6.00 for a pint of ice cream when I can get half a gallon for half that price!!!

There are things out there that I'll pay a lot for.
Like an occasional Wagyu A5 ribeye.
They run $300 bucks for one. On the plus side one is good enough for the Wife and I because they're so rich.
It's kinda like Cheesecake in that respect,I love the stuff but it gets overwhelming after half a slice.

They run $300 bucks for one. On the plus side one is good enough for the Wife and I because they're so rich.
It's kinda like Cheesecake in that respect,I love the stuff but it gets overwhelming after half a slice.

Yup, there ARE some things worth the extra money.

I don't do business with commies. No matter what Ice cream of theirs is advertised, all I see is chocolate mocha commie pork swirl.

Some stuff I don't skimp on.
But I buy the store brand because it used to be Safeway, and Safeway has its own farms and processing plants.
Safeway brand, now called "Signature" was bought out by Albertsons Co. But Albertsons kept the same farms and processing plants and really haven't changed anything except the label. I prefer many Signature foods over "big name brands", because they taste better and have better ingredients. AND cost A LOT LESS than brand name.

One thing I don't skimp on is ketchup. I love Del Monte ketchup. I love Sara Lee butter wheat bread, and I always pay for that, regardless of cost.

Some stuff I don't skimp on.
But I buy the store brand because it used to be Safeway, and Safeway has its own farms and processing plants.
Safeway brand, now called "Signature" was bought out by Albertsons Co. But Albertsons kept the same farms and processing plants and really haven't changed anything except the label. I prefer many Signature foods over "big name brands", because they taste better and have better ingredients. AND cost A LOT LESS than brand name.

One thing I don't skimp on is ketchup. I love Del Monte ketchup. I love Sara Lee butter wheat bread, and I always pay for that, regardless of cost.

There's a lot of store brand stuff thats every bit as good as name brand no doubt.
HEB stuff is really quite good.
Especially with things like sugar and salt. Sugar is sugar and salt is salt,we do have pink Himalayan salt and Kosher for certain recipes but other than that we buy store brand stuff.

Forum List

Back