Charitable Contributions

ZackB

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Deep South
Believe it or not, I do make charitable donations during the year. In fact, there are 5 groups to which I give:
1. Children's Cancer Research Fund
2. A local scholarship fund for HS students
3. A local volunteer fire department
4. The NRA
5. Georgia Carry.Org
I mention this not to throw it into your face. Do I think that I am better than you if you do not give to charity and non-profit causes? No, I do not think that; I KNOW that. Btw, giving to bullshit charities and NPs like groups trying to legalize weed and BLM do not count. This is just you being an asshole.

I donate my time to taking care of two families with 80+ year olds in my family....I hope my kids do the same...

I hope I die before my kids have to take care of me. Unless they consider it a pleasure - the last thing I want to be is a burden on my children.

• Banned
I hope I die before my kids have to take care of me. Unless they consider it a pleasure - the last thing I want to be is a burden on my children.
I am looking forward to burdening my kid. I have already told him to make sure his house has a room for dad. I won't need much, just some food and a bottle of wine left at my door once a day and maybe a tv.

Hell, have you ever been to one of those nursing homes or assisted living places? You get a bed, a tv, and you are served 3 meals each day and waited on by staff! It sounds like fucking paradise!

Pat yourself on the back, why, I guess you need it.....?
Nope, it is just on my mind because it is time to file a 1040 with the IRS.

What was your total?
I don't know. Everything is still being prepared by my accountant. I just gathered it up and sent it to her.

I do my own. I can do it in a day. But once we start changing things up, I might need some help. Our was in the 7,000 to 8,000 range (Charitable Contribs)

Pat yourself on the back, why, I guess you need it.....?
Nope, it is just on my mind because it is time to file a 1040 with the IRS.

What was your total?
I don't know. Everything is still being prepared by my accountant. I just gathered it up and sent it to her.

I do my own. I can do it in a day. But once we start changing things up, I might need some help. Our was in the 7,000 to 8,000 range (Charitable Contribs)
Mine probably was not as high as yours. It was probably closer to 5k.

Oh hockey puck, that's what families are suppose to do.It's a payback for when they needed help and had nothing.....

Oh hockey puck, that's what families are suppose to do.It's a payback for when they needed help and had nothing.....
I agree. I am brainwashing mine to believe that he has to take care of me when I get old, just like my sister and I are taking care of our mom. That's just what decent people do for family.

I consider my act as a sacrifice.
I mean if they want me, the can have me. I won't deny them the "pleasure" - my kids actually like being around me - I have no idea why!

I consider my act as a sacrifice.
I mean if they want me, the can have me. I won't deny them the "pleasure" - my kids actually like being around me - I have no idea why!
There is no reason to emotionally martyr yourself. Your kids will want to take care of you. They will give you a good home, make sure you are fed, make sure you get all of your check-ups and shots, take you out for walkies, and clean up the mess on the floor when you have an accident.

I don't want to even LOOK old much less be in that condition.
you totally underestimate my vanity!

Believe it or not, I do make charitable donations during the year. In fact, there are 5 groups to which I give:
1. Children's Cancer Research Fund
2. A local scholarship fund for HS students
3. A local volunteer fire department
4. The NRA
5. Georgia Carry.Org
I mention this not to throw it into your face. Do I think that I am better than you if you do not give to charity and non-profit causes? No, I do not think that; I KNOW that. Btw, giving to bullshit charities and NPs like groups trying to legalize weed and BLM do not count. This is just you being an asshole.

I don't do that. Lemme 'splain why. Much of the money in charitable organizations does not make it to those you think your giving to. Overhead. Secondly, many charities often operate as if the people that need help are somewhere else and they are the group that can deal with them. For example, a homeless shelter. Donate to the shelter or outreach organization because if you give the money directly they will just spend it on whatever they want. It has a tendency to separate us as humans even though those people are in our communities. Does that make sense?

I will give directly to the human that needs it. Fuck a tax break.

I don't do that. Lemme 'splain why. Much of the money in charitable organizations does not make it to those you think your giving to. Overhead. Secondly, many charities often operate as if the people that need help are somewhere else and they are the group that can deal with them. For example, a homeless shelter. Donate to the shelter or outreach organization because if you give the money directly they will just spend it on whatever they want. It has a tendency to separate us as humans even though those people are in our communities. Does that make sense?

I will give directly to the human that needs it. Fuck a tax break.

I can verify what you say is generally true.
The business I am in does business with a lot of non-profits..and all but a scant few - WASTE A LOT OF MONEY. In fact , especially when getting close to their fiscal year end, they purposefully spend more money then they should have to just to get rid of the cash. This is a fact. And I have years experience in dealing with many NP's.
Faith based organizations are so much better, whether you are religious or not, these organizations are far more careful with their assets.

Forum List

Back