CFB Playoffs were a Bust

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
The 65-7 blowout of TCU by Georgia in the CFP Championship game says more about about the current playoff system than it does about Georgia's dominance of the 2022 CFB season. First of all, teams should play their way into the playoffs, not just be voted in. Second, no team that does not win its conference championship should be included. (TCU and Ohio State lost two of their last three games of the season!) Third, all of the playoff games should be played at neutral sites.

Neither the current system nor the proposed 12-team playoffs meet these criteria.

I really don't follow college football, but TCU doesn't strike me as a team which should've been playing for a national championship at all...

So who do you think should have gone against Georgia in the championship game?

So who do you think should have gone against Georgia in the championship game?

I would refer you to the "I really don't follow college football" part of my post.

I have no idea, but a team playing for a national championship simply shouldn't get the beat-down that TCU got last night...

no team that does not win its conference championship should be included.
So potentially the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. best team in the land should not make the playoffs because they have the misfortune of playing in the same conference as the best team? Especially in a 12 team format?
You are wrong woodie one.

So potentially the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. best team in the land should not make the playoffs because they have the misfortune of playing in the same conference as the best team? Especially in a 12 team format?
You are wrong woodie one.

I disagree with the idea that a team must win their conference to get in. That would have meant Georgia did not make the playoffs last year. But they proved themselves to be the best when it mattered.

I think you should have to win your way into the playoffs. I favor an 8 team playoff of conference champions.

The teams in the playoff were good choices.

The semi-finals were excellent games. But the final game was an SEC team flexing it's superiority.

I think OSU almost being UGA contributed to the title game being such a blowout. Had Georgia beat OSU handily TCU might have snuck up on them. UGA was the best team but they were the best team with a chip on their shoulder on Monday night. That's not a good combo for their opponent.

I think OSU almost being UGA contributed to the title game being such a blowout. Had Georgia beat OSU handily TCU might have snuck up on them. UGA was the best team but they were the best team with a chip on their shoulder on Monday night. That's not a good combo for their opponent.
Whatever the cause..

It was an epic beat down

Forum List

Back