Census Creating Majority of Jobs

May showed a HUGE bump in job increases...

431,000 jobs were created. Impressive! Way to go BO!!!

Imagine my surprise when even BO admitted that 411,000 of those jobs were temporary census jobs....

411,000???? HOLY COW!!! We need that many MORE census workers???

Better than losing 700 thousand a month.

Ah bush, the good ol days.

we'll be losing at least these 411,000 jobs next month.

ah, the obama bullshit is heady stuff for the terminally naive.

oh goodie...i love merged threads...it makes it so easy to weed out the posts that aren't related to the subject I was talking about.

If you have a problem, feel free to PM me. However, take note that I merged together two threads on the same exact same subject. - Modbert

hey, i'd love it if he was right, but somehow i don't think 400,000+ permanent private sector jobs are going to be created in the next three weeks.

call me jaded

I think so. Obama and Biden are going to Vegas for the week with a billion dollars. A couple of games against the Chinese and Russians, we'll have our national debt all straightened out. :cool:

hey, i'd love it if he was right, but somehow i don't think 400,000+ permanent private sector jobs are going to be created in the next three weeks.

call me jaded

I think so. Obama and Biden are going to Vegas for the week with a billion dollars. A couple of games against the Chinese and Russians, we'll have our national debt all straightened out. :cool:

well that's a relief :thup:

That sounds like a comedy movie of some sort. Quick! To the Batcave! :lol:

Del. You might of wanted to save that rep.

I found the movie. So I can't write it. :(

$Brewsters_millions.jpg

:lol: I love that movie.

The government is creating most of the new jobs in America. The private sector is still hurting in job creation. Looks like the unemployment numbers are getting a bump from the part time census jobs. What happens next?

The economy added 431,000 jobs last month, pushing the unemployment rate down a little, but the government was responsible for most of the new hires as it brought on temporary workers for the massive U.S. Census effort.

The jobless rate fell to 9.7 percent from 9.9 percent in April, the Labor Department said.

Payrolls rose for the fifth consecutive month, with May's numbers marking the largest increase in non-farm employment in a single month in a decade, the New York Times said. But only 41,000 of the new jobs were in the private sector and most of the federal government hires were for Census work that will evaporate after the summer months.
Job Growth Surged in May, but Most Was Due to Temporary Census Hires

So now I understand why the conservatives hate the constitutionally-mandated census

It creates jobs

If we learned one thing during the bush years, it's that conservatives hate to create jobs. They're rather destroy jobs

I've learned that you have the IQ of a piss ant, Sangha. How did you get that out of what I or the article stated?
I'm stating that the unemployment rates, and jobs created are just part time government jobs. I'm stating that only 41,000 jobs came from the private sector......this IS the disturbing part of out economic recovery.
Next time try and comprehend what you read, and take off your partisan blinders in doing so. sheesh

those aren't partisan blinders...those are partisan mind locks...and there is no key. They are locked down forever.

Those temporary jobs are created every time there is census. Why are people acting like this is a "new" thing?

Besides, Republicans want "less" government. Why do they keep "whining" about "jobs"? It's not the government's "job" to create "jobs". Wasn't that what all those Bush tax cuts were for?

Those temporary jobs are created every time there is census. Why are people acting like this is a "new" thing?

Besides, Republicans want "less" government. Why do they keep "whining" about "jobs"? It's not the government's "job" to create "jobs". Wasn't that what all those Bush tax cuts were for?

Are people acting like this is a new thing? I thought they were just pointing out the idiocy of the left crowing about the wonderful job numbers.

call me jaded

Just so long as they dont stay where I am staying.

we'll be losing at least these 411,000 jobs next month.

ah, the obama bullshit is heady stuff for the terminally naive.

What do you think, will that be made a big deal out of? Will the new numbers be proudly trumpeted?

Ummm...this isn't creating jobs...this is putting a sponge on an lacerated artery. Sure, it slows the bleeding, but soon enough the sponge does NOTHING to solve the problem.

If you look back, Bush had unemployment well below where it is now. And BO promised that the stimulus would keep the rate below 8%. We blew through that number didn't we? But I know you can't bring yourself to blame anything on BO...and since we've already blamed Bush for everything else, this is just one more thing that takes the pressure off the boy king.

They hate big government, yet they want the big bad government to "take over" the oil spill.

They hate big government, yet they want the big bad government to "take over" the oil spill.

Link please, or you're just talking out of your ass again...

I've heard that if someone worked for the census for any part of one day, it was counted as a created job. Does anyone know if this is true?

Link please, or you're just talking out of your ass again...

You are kidding righty? When I ask the question "are you talking out of your ass" I do it because there is no way that person makes sense/is serious/or I really think they dont realize how dumb they are.

You are not serious...you do know people are asking what the government will do in response to this oil thing. You do know this dont you?

Forum List

Back