CBS News poll: 90% of black voters back Biden

But... Blacks are Blexiting! My friends from the other party said.
Rasmussen will now receive a phone call from Trump with orders to cook up a new poll showing that black support for Trump is Yuuuuge.

The reason they are trying to get that Kayne West guy on some ballots..to try and cut that down to 85%

Blacks are only 13% of the population and many of them don’t vote, yet we always hear about how significant the black vote is. Conversely whites are 72% of the population yet the media rarely talks of the white vote.

90 percent of creepy uncles back Biden too

another daunting statistic for the Trump campaign

Rasmussen will now receive a phone call from Trump with orders to cook up a new poll showing that black support for Trump is Yuuuuge.

OMG, the TrumpShaming has to be a million times stronger among blacks, lol.

No distortion here!

roflmao

Blacks are only 13% of the population and many of them don’t vote, yet we always hear about how significant the black vote is. Conversely whites are 72% of the population yet the media rarely talks of the white vote.
Whites are actually 80% of the population counting Hispanics who also identify as white but who have been deracinated simply for speaking Spanish or Portugese.

As of 2010, 50.5 million or 16.3% of Americans identified as Hispanic or Latino.[1] Of those, 26.7 million, or 53% (8.64% of the total U.S. population), also self-identified as white.

As Hispanics move into the middle class, they shed their nonwhite identity and embrace being white.

The crux of Cohn’s piece is this paragraph, which refers to this Pew study:
The researchers found that 2.5 million Americans of Hispanic origin, or approximately 7 percent of the 35 million Americans of Hispanic origin in 2000, changed their race from “some other race” in 2000 to “white” in 2010. An additional 1.3 million people switched in the other direction. A noteworthy but unspecified share of the change came from children who weren’t old enough to fill out a form in 2000, but chose for themselves in 2010.
Let’s stop for a moment and do some math. First, in 2000, according to Cohn and the census, there were 35 million Americans of Hispanic origin. Of those 35 million, 2.5 million went from “some other race” to “white” in 2010. However, in 2010, according to the census, there were 50.5 million Hispanics in the U.S. What race did the additional 15.5 million people who identified as Hispanic in 2010 mark? And what about the 1.3 million who switched in the other direction? That would be just a net of 1.2 million people who changed back to “white,” and given the fact that there was a 43 percent increase in the U.S. Hispanic population from 2000 to 2010, wouldn’t Cohn’s definitive conclusion suggest a lesser percentage if you took into account the 2010 total numbers instead of basing it on the 2000 ones?....
<comment section> "I like this news article and the question posed. I like many in the YouTube video “When Brown people think they are White” was convinced I was Hispanic growing up. I was born in 1960 and grew up with Beatles, Salsa, Merengue & Led Zeppelin due to our multi-generational living situation. Since my grandmother only spoke Spanish I considered myself Hispanic. In the 1980’s I was corrected by another Hispanic when the discussion of the 1980 census came up and as to how I declared my race. I did not complete the 1980 Census but I said I am Hispanic to which my friend told me that “being Hispanic is a culture, not a race”. So I asked her how she listed her race and she said she was white and that I only had to look at her skin color to tell that. Somehow that comment did not convince me that I was white and since the color of my skin is not brown then how do I declare my race. Since you listed in this news article the census definition of race categories: https://www.latinorebels.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Census.jpg I see that “White refers to a person having origins in Europe…” now does that mean me, my parents, my grandparents or my great grandparents. I am Puerto Rican and I know from family discussions that my mother was chastised for marrying my father since my mother’s side of the family attempted to stay “European” while my father obviously had “African Influences” in his family make up. When I was young I had learned that Puerto Ricans are a mix of Europeans (Spain), Native Americans (Taino) & African (Slaves). I had always thought growing up that this didn’t make any difference until I began experiencing discrimination from others who also considered themselves “White” but without the proper understanding to realize they also were immigrants to this country and they also were not considered “White” until recent times or as in Star Trek “The Borg” episodes they were assimilated into the Collective. So how far back can I go to determine how white I am, is it up to me, the government states “having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe…”, it’s all a mess.
Growing up NuyorRican in the 1970s the Puerto Ricans from born in Puerto Rico said I was not Puerto Rican because I was not born on the Island, some whites that I new growing up said I was not white because I was Puerto Rican and I come from a mixed background and blacks that I knew said I was white, they would say ” just look at your skin color” and this is why I feel that I identified as Hispanic as if my race is my culture and vice-versa. In the recent census I identified at White but only because my skin in not brown or that of someone that would consider themselves black. Do we need to add a color swatch with the different shades for white, off-white, light brown, brown, dark brown on the chart to determine race? Did I do the right thing? Quien Sabes "

With immigration from South and Central America slowing down, eventually all Hispanics will break down into 'Native American' (a phrase I hate and despise personally) or into 'white' as so many Hispanics (about half) are more European than Mestizo.

The democrats have bet their political future on Hispanics never moving into normal American middle class status and for that they will pay a steep price until they abandon Identity Politics.

They’re sheeple !!
Just “‘useful idiots “

Well if a CBS poll says so, it must be true! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back