Can't The Caucus Date Be Rescheduled?

I heard that they are facing severe weather right now. Why can't they just wait until the worst of it is over and caucus afterwards? I mean, I'm looking forward to seeing it broadcasted and its results, but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. :confused:
No. No rescheduling. Trump has enough padding to conquer the cold.

If you knew, you would not have asked why it had to be held in person.

Its a CAUCUS, Stoopid. But then so were elections elections, so, no reason we can't move them to virtual for the safety and participation of all in the protection of our democracy just like our elections and our school classrooms, or don't you care one whit about our democracy, Goofass??

Its a CAUCUS, Stoopid. But then so were elections elections, so, no reason we can't move them to virtual for the safety and participation of all in the protection of our democracy just like our elections and our school classrooms, or don't you care one whit about our democracy, Goofass??
Just admit you did not know and move on

I heard that they are facing severe weather right now. Why can't they just wait until the worst of it is over and caucus afterwards? I mean, I'm looking forward to seeing it broadcasted and its results, but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. :confused:

People have to prove they're willing to die for Trump's ego.

Surely a PROPER candidate would have suggested moving the date. No, Trump just tells old biddies to go die for him

People have to prove they're willing to die for Trump's ego.

Surely a PROPER candidate would have suggested moving the date. No, Trump just tells old biddies to go die for him
The morons in Iowa (independent of the blob) have passed some sort of resolution forcing the state to move it's caucus date ahead of any other state that may want to fight the not-so-vast wasteland that is IOWA for the first slot in the election.

Iowa’s prominence in the process dates back to the 1970s, when the caucuses helped put George McGovern, and later Jimmy Carter, on the proverbial map. State law requires that Iowa holds its caucuses eight days before the first primary happens, hence the quadrennial Iowa–New Hampshire pairing. Most people know this by now; it’s the process they don’t get—the appeal of the thing. The magic.

But more to the point of why Republicans are forcing their voters to go some place in the middle of the night and raise their hand.

Gov. Kim Reynolds has signed a law requiring the Iowa caucuses to take place in person, potentially escalating a fight with Democrats who plan to offer a mail-in caucusing option in 2024.
Reynolds, a Republican, signed the law Thursday. It passed the Iowa Legislature last month with only Republican support.
Iowa GOP leaders have said the in-person requirement is essential to protect Iowa's first-in-the-nation status. Democrats say Republicans are undermining decades of bipartisan efforts to protect the caucuses by acting unilaterally.
The 2024 presidential nominating calendar is still unsettled for both Democrats and Republicans.
The looney tunes governor of Iowa has seen to it that you have to go in person! But somehow, as with every other thing in the world, Democrats will be blamed. Just watch.

-15 right now...

1705319496686.png

You guys really don't understand the North. Iowans are used to this stuff. They aren't going to change something just because it's cold. It's January. It's always cold in January.

You guys really don't understand the North. Iowans are used to this stuff. They aren't going to change something just because it's cold. It's January. It's always cold in January.

Yeah I know it's already been established that it's just cold. I thought that it was also the driving conditions before.

No need. Iowans are more than familiar with brutal weather from time to time. I've been watching the 'man-on-the-street' interviews in Iowa all week--technically 'people-in-the-restaurants' interviews--including this morning when the temperature was minus 6f at breakfast time and the place was packed. If folks can brave those kinds of temperatures to go out for scrambled eggs, they will brave those kinds of temperatures to get to the caucus.

(It is forecast to be minus 5f at 7 pm in Des Moines tonight and, based on those interviews, I think the turnout will be pretty good this year.)

No need. Iowans are more than familiar with brutal weather from time to time. I've been watching the 'man-on-the-street' interviews in Iowa all week--technically 'people-in-the-restaurants' interviews--including this morning when the temperature was minus 6f at breakfast time and the place was packed. If folks can brave those kinds of temperatures to go out for scrambled eggs, they will brave those kinds of temperatures to get to the caucus.

(It is forecast to be minus 5f at 7 pm in Des Moines tonight and, based on those interviews, I think the turnout will be pretty good this year.)
Very true. I did a couple of weeks in Pella, Iowa on business, during late January a few years back, when I worked for a living. Snows and temps, to me, were brutal, as that was before I even took up skiing. They are definitely hardy folks up there and take it amazingly in stride.

On the other hand, I got up this morning (here in Jackson,TN) to 7 Degrees here and 4-5 inches of fresh powder with more coming down and a stiff breeze. I got out in full ski gear, blew off the cars and complete driveway of the powder snow, snug as a bug in rug. They know how to dress for the place where they live, up there.

Very true. I did a couple of weeks in Pella, Iowa on business, during late January a few years back, when I worked for a living. Snows and temps, to me, were brutal, as that was before I even took up skiing. They are definitely hardy folks up there and take it amazingly in stride.

On the other hand, I got up this morning (here in Jackson,TN) to 7 Degrees here and 4-5 inches of fresh powder with more coming down and a stiff breeze. I got out in full ski gear, blew off the cars and complete driveway of the powder snow, snug as a bug in rug. They know how to dress for the place where they live, up there.
Yes, we lived for quite some time in north central Kansas where the temps can drop into or near sub zero range for days. And it didn't really slow us down. Times do change though. We still have close friends there and get all the e-mailings from our former church there. And were surprised that they cancelled church due to sub zero temps and slick streets yesterday. That wouldn't have happened when we lived there, but the demographics of that church are very different with the membership being mostly senior citizens now.

But yeah, we had all the snow gear we needed--snow boots, heavy coats, hats, knew how to layer, etc. And we carried emergency stuff in our cars in the winter time.

Yes, we lived for quite some time in north central Kansas where the temps can drop into or near sub zero range for days. And it didn't really slow us down. Times do change though. We still have close friends there and get all the e-mailings from our former church there. And were surprised that they cancelled church due to sub zero temps and slick streets yesterday. That wouldn't have happened when we lived there, but the demographics of that church are very different with the membership being mostly senior citizens now.

But yeah, we had all the snow gear we needed--snow boots, heavy coats, hats, knew how to layer, etc. And we carried emergency stuff in our cars in the winter time.
Wow! Schools, even college classes get cancelled at the drop of a hat around here, but never church.

Forum List

Back