Cancel Culture Isn't Bad If You Cancel The Right People

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Nikole Hannah-Jones, a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist and MacArthur Fellow, was set to teach in a position that has traditionally come with the expectation of tenure at her alma mater, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the Hussman School of Media and Journalism. However, after pushback from conservatives, the board of trustees denied her tenure despite approval from faculty and the tenure committee, offering a five-year teaching contract instead.

The university, board of trustees and the legislature have been receiving letters and phone calls in support and opposition since the hire was announced -- The board’s ultimate decision to offer Hannah-Jones a five-year contract stunned faculty. Hannah-Jones has maintained extensive ties to the university, delivering the Hussman School’s commencement speech in 2017. The Ida B. Wells Society for Investigative Reporting, a national organization that she helped found to develop and retain journalists of color, is based at Hussman as well."

This chick thinks just because she is an award winning journalist; she is somehow entitled to having a tenured teaching job?? Really?? I mean, yea, they initially offered her tenure but due to righteous opposition to her appointment, they changed their minds....She made the 1619 Project, probably one of the most destructive, Anti-American/Anti-White pieces of work ever produced in this country in almost 200 years; she has no business having a teaching job anywhere, let alone at UNC.

I know people will complain that Conservatives are hypocrites for claiming to be against Cancel Culture while always wanting to cancel points of view they disagree with; they may bring up how Liz Cheney was cancelled, blah blah...but that's different....Any uppity darkie who makes something like the 1619 Project and names her journalist organization after a communist radical like Ida B Wells; deserves to be canceled...

Not to worry, she can always get a job at Tulane...

Tulane announced Tuesday that President Joe Biden's son Hunter Biden will be guest speaking in a Tulane class next semester. There is a 10-week course on media polarization and public policy that will be offered at the university in the fall.

Tell her not to forget her crack pipe...

Because everybody is going to have a fan base, can being cancelled truly take place for anyone?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My most favorite deceased singer cancelled himself on June 10, 1998. I still love Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys.

"Nikole Hannah-Jones, a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist and MacArthur Fellow, was set to teach in a position that has traditionally come with the expectation of tenure at her alma mater, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the Hussman School of Media and Journalism. However, after pushback from conservatives, the board of trustees denied her tenure despite approval from faculty and the tenure committee, offering a five-year teaching contract instead.

The university, board of trustees and the legislature have been receiving letters and phone calls in support and opposition since the hire was announced -- The board’s ultimate decision to offer Hannah-Jones a five-year contract stunned faculty. Hannah-Jones has maintained extensive ties to the university, delivering the Hussman School’s commencement speech in 2017. The Ida B. Wells Society for Investigative Reporting, a national organization that she helped found to develop and retain journalists of color, is based at Hussman as well."

This chick thinks just because she is an award winning journalist; she is somehow entitled to having a tenured teaching job?? Really?? I mean, yea, they initially offered her tenure but due to righteous opposition to her appointment, they changed their minds....She made the 1619 Project, probably one of the most destructive, Anti-American/Anti-White pieces of work ever produced in this country in almost 200 years; she has no business having a teaching job anywhere, let alone at UNC.

I know people will complain that Conservatives are hypocrites for claiming to be against Cancel Culture while always wanting to cancel points of view they disagree with; they may bring up how Liz Cheney was cancelled, blah blah...but that's different....Any uppity darkie who makes something like the 1619 Project and names her journalist organization after a communist radical like Ida B Wells; deserves to be canceled...
getting a five year contract is now canceling ?

she only has a masters degree?

Forum List

Back