Can we get a 'Geriatrics' Forum?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I scower the internet daily, because that is all I have to do these days, and it is a task to get to a forum that has the answer to various questions I have.

We have more and more Baby Boomers retiring so why not set up a forum for Geriatric old folks and let them share their take on things and share knowledge of maladies, remedies and so forth?

Last edited:
I'm in the same biological age bracket, but refuse to be considered 'Geriatric old folks'. I believe we are only as old as we feel, not necessarily as the calendar tells us we are. How about 'Mature & Experienced' ? Just a suggestion. :)

images

Ask pill@rs she's a grumpy old b!tch.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I'm in the same biological age bracket, but refuse to be considered 'Geriatric old folks'. I believe we are only as old as we feel, not necessarily as the calendar tells us we are. How about 'Mature & Experienced' ? Just a suggestion. :)
Well, I understand your misgivings regarding the forum title. I just want clarity.

Besides, you should embrace you inner 'Old Fart' and let your 'Old Fart Flag' fly high, dear.

It is a healing and comforting embrace of actuality. Though medical technology is still in its infancy in treating Aging symptoms as a disease, it is already showing big pay offs with Metformin, an unintended drug that seems to treat aging symptoms. We might, by the Grace of God, live many healthy centuries ahead.

Well, I understand your misgivings regarding the forum title. I just want clarity.

Besides, you should embrace you inner 'Old Fart' and let your 'Old Fart Flag' fly high, dear.

It is a healing and comforting embrace of actuality. Though medical technology is still in its infancy in treating Aging symptoms as a disease, it is already showing big pay offs with Metformin, an unintended drug that seems to treat aging symptoms. We might, by the Grace of God, live many healthy centuries ahead.

Seniors forum sounds better
Meh, sounds more plain and dull, but I'll go for that too.

My first choice was 'Cantankerous Old Farts' but I didnt think that really had much of a chance.

:lmao:Now I have no problem whatsoever being an 'Old Fart' or even a Cantakerous one at that. Being I have teenage boys at home, I'm quite used to it. I guess my issue is more with the term 'Geriatric'. Somehow it seems to me to be more fitting for those over 75. I'm on my way, but not there yet. And I agree with gas masks, sometimes body functions just don't seem to know their place anymore. :lmao:

Personally, I got over fart jokes in junior high. Now farts are not jokes.

Seniors forum sounds better
Meh, sounds more plain and dull, but I'll go for that too.

My first choice was 'Cantankerous Old Farts' but I didnt think that really had much of a chance.

:lmao:Now I have no problem whatsoever being an 'Old Fart' or even a Cantakerous one at that. Being I have teenage boys at home, I'm quite used to it. I guess my issue is more with the term 'Geriatric'. Somehow it seems to me to be more fitting for those over 75. I'm on my way, but not there yet. And I agree with gas masks, sometimes body functions just don't seem to know their place anymore. :lmao:

Ok, building on suggestions so far, how about 'Seasoned Senior Citizens'?

Especially when it effects the workings of the brain or come with a little 'substance'.

I've always been great at multi-tasking, but nowadays it takes on a whole new meaning.....

Especially when it effects the workings of the brain or come with a little 'substance'.

I've always been great at multi-tasking, but nowadays it takes on a whole new meaning.....
The minds of seniors have to sort through more memories and that requires more time and concentration. This is a small negative for having a life full of experience.

I agree, but not so sure that's a negative. I'd hate to be this age with nothing to sort thru

I agree, but not so sure that's a negative. I'd hate to be this age with nothing to sort thru
Or merely be distracted and start tripping over everything like Ford did. You know he used to brag that he ran on less than 4 hours of sleep? Kinda showed if you axe me.

Running a long time isnt a bad thing folks! We could use some m ore networking and sharing about all this stuff people dont like to talk about personally, for some reason.

Forum List

Back