Can States ignore new HR-1 voting requirements? (Like blue states ignored immigration law)

Should States ignore HR-1 voting requirements (if passed) like blue states ignore immigration laws?

• Yes, the Constitution says that state legislatures set voting laws.

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • No, the US should have standardized voting laws.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
House Democrats passed HR-1, new voting laws, which may not be Constitutional, since the "State Legislatures" are to set those.

So my question is, can States keep writing their own state voting laws and ignore the new HR-1 Laws?

I hope that the (surviving) red states will ignore that law just as blue states ignored the immigration laws.

I hope that the Supreme Court will eventually strike down Nancy's grab for eternal Dem power.
But maybe the Supremes will cave to Dem threats to pack the Court.

Democracy is ebbing away under the (Biden)-Harris administration.

House Democrats passed HR-1, new voting laws, which may not be Constitutional, since the "State Legislatures" are to set those.

So my question is, can States keep writing their own state voting laws and ignore the new HR-1 Laws?

Why are you against it? Seems like a reasonable set a rules to me.
I like the GOP set of rules, like:
1. Clean voter registration rolls like years ago when both parties sent folks out to verify voters.
2. Voter ID to stop voting more than once
3. No mass mail-in voting, absentee ballots need to be requested.
4. Voting ends on election day so all votes are counted soon after voting ends.
5. Mail-ins need to be received by the day before election day so they are all counted on election day.

I don't like the democrat's set of rules:
1. Mass mail-in voting with little checking of voters' ID, they send out way too many ballots, which allows "vote harvesting"
2. Polls are open way too long allowing time for multiple votes, like if you own properties in multiple states.
3. Votes keep getting "found" way after election day. The PA SC kept polls open until Friday, which was unconstitutional. "Election Day" means "Election Day, not election week, or election month.
4. Democrats kept legal poll watchers out of the process in 2020.
5. The democrat's apparently stuffed the ballot boxes when you get bumps in the votes like this:
1615155808579.png

In the United States, states have primary responsibility for the administration of federal elections. The federal government, however, has significant authority to determine how these elections are run, and may direct states to implement such federal regulations as the federal government provides. This authority can extend to registration, voting, reporting of results, or even more fundamental aspects of the election process such as redistricting. This report focuses on Congress’s constitutional authority to regulate how states administer elections.

Congress’s authority to regulate a particular type of election may vary depending on whether that election is for the Presidency, the House, the Senate, or for state and local positions. Further, there may be variations in what aspects of elections are amenable to regulation. Consequently, evaluating Congress’s authority to establish election procedures requires an examination of a variety of different proposals and scenarios.

Although the Constitution is silent on various aspects of the voting process, it seems to anticipate that states would be primarily responsible for establishing election procedures. Federal authority to regulate federal elections, however, is specifically provided for in the Constitution. There are two main provisions at issue—Article I, Section 4, cl. 1, which provides Congress the authority to set the “Times, Places and Manner” of congressional elections, and Article II, Section 1, cl. 4, which provides that Congress may designate the “Time” for the choosing of Presidential Electors.

Totally agree that's what it says, but in other parts is that the courts won't allow laws that make elections "unfair" to any class of candidates. So if HR-1 gets passed, which it won't, the states can challenges its constitutionality in court.

"State authority to regulate the times, places, and manner of holding congressional elections has been described by the Court as embracing authority to provide a complete code for congressional elections; in short, to enact the numerous requirements as to procedure and safeguards which experience shows are necessary in order to enforce the fundamental rights involved. The Court has upheld a variety of state laws designed to ensure that elections—including federal elections – are fair and honest and orderly. But the Court distinguished state laws that go beyond protection of the integrity and regularity of the election process, and instead operate to disadvantage a particular class of candidates.

1. Clean voter registration rolls like years ago when both parties sent folks out to verify voters.
5. Mail-ins need to be received by the day before election day so they are all counted on election day.

1. Mass mail-in voting with little checking of voters' ID, they send out way too many ballots, which allows "vote harvesting"
2. Polls are open way too long allowing time for multiple votes, like if you own properties in multiple states.
3. Votes keep getting "found" way after election day. The PA SC kept polls open until Friday, which was unconstitutional. "Election Day" means "Election Day, not election week, or election month.
5. The democrat's apparently stuffed the ballot boxes when you get bumps in the votes like this:
View attachment 465200
Why do you keep repeating the same set of lies? They will not become true no matter how many times you say them.

View attachment 465200
Why do you keep repeating the same set of lies? They will not become true no matter how many times you say them.

View attachment 465200
Well, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so I'mma take that as a compliment.

federal government has no rights in states. State laws trump federal law. The states make up the feds. sory.

View attachment 465200
Well, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so I'mma take that as a compliment.
you should stop imitating a moron then.

View attachment 465200
The moron is imitating me. Read the post. Duh.

View attachment 465200
only in your head.

View attachment 465200
only in your head.
And on this forum.

Read the posts.

Duh.

Supremacy Clause
Primary tabs

See Preemption; constitutional clauses.

Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions. It prohibits states from interfering with the federal government's exercise of its constitutional powers, and from assuming any functions that are exclusively entrusted to the federal government.
I find the supremacy clause a bit suspect, simply because the enumerated powers declared exactly what the federal government was allowed to do, anything beyond that was left to the states, and to the people.

So, the supremacy clause either vetos the enumerated powers, and allows congress to violate the constitution from time to time, or, perhaps the supremacy clause has a different meaning or is related to something else?

Thoughts?
Article VI doesn't "veto" anything.

It codifies the fact that Federal laws are the supreme laws of the land, laws states and local jurisdictions subject to.

I hope that the (surviving) red states will ignore that law just as blue states ignored the immigration laws.

I hope that the Supreme Court will eventually strike down Nancy's grab for eternal Dem power.
But maybe the Supremes will cave to Dem threats to pack the Court.

Democracy is ebbing away under the (Biden)-Harris administration.
This is a lie.

The Constitution gives Congress the power to regulate federal elections. If states refuse to comply then they can be denied representation in Congress.
You need to go back to law school.

Supremacy Clause
Primary tabs

See Preemption; constitutional clauses.

Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions. It prohibits states from interfering with the federal government's exercise of its constitutional powers, and from assuming any functions that are exclusively entrusted to the federal government.
I find the supremacy clause a bit suspect, simply because the enumerated powers declared exactly what the federal government was allowed to do, anything beyond that was left to the states, and to the people.

So, the supremacy clause either vetos the enumerated powers, and allows congress to violate the constitution from time to time, or, perhaps the supremacy clause has a different meaning or is related to something else?

Thoughts?
Article VI doesn't "veto" anything.

It codifies the fact that Federal laws are the supreme laws of the land, laws states and local jurisdictions subject to.
The constitution does not codify anything.

There is one part about the supremacy clause you forgot.

It's the "fuck you, make me" option. Texas is about to seriously start exercising that option in a violent way.

The constitution exists for the mutual benefit of all. When it ceases to be a mutual benefit, it can go fuck itself right up the ass with all the other states behind it.

TEXIT, and we will fucking kill any motherfucker standing in the way of making it happen.

federal government has no rights in states. State laws trump federal law. The states make up the feds. sory.
pm24tfewjan61.jpg
Funny the lack of knowledge a demofk like you carries around in here. Is voting a right? hahahahahaha give me the amendment that says so.
The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution grants full citizenship rights, including voting rights, to all men born or naturalized in the United States. The 15th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution eliminates racial barriers to voting.

New Topics

Forum List

Back