But corrupt cops are only a problem in Democratic Cities.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
The excuses, lies, and flat assed diversions from the supporters of the Thin Blue Li(n)e are disproven all the time. One of the favorites from the racist supporters of the police, is that you will only find corrupt cops in Democratic administered cities, where the people with greater skin pigment exist. You see, if Democrats were not in charge, then the cops would be honest. Or something.

Now Llano Texas, where eighty percent of the people voted for Trump, I think we can say is safely Republican. I mean even Jesus couldn’t get elected as a Democrat in that county.

Officers' OWN bodycams catch them picking a lock, violently arresting suspect in second scandal | Daily Mail Online

Destroying evidence, abusing prisoners, lying, and the list of charges goes on, and on, and on. Two thirds of the cops in the county have been indicted. Two thirds. Where are those vast majority of honest cops who keep the corrupt ones at arms length and would never allow it to get that bad?

With literally millions of laws on the books, if you look hard enough, you’ll find something that the person in question has done wrong. That’s the technique Mueller is using as one example. But you don’t have to look hard at the cops. There is always something that they are doing wrong.

Now, if we follow the pattern we usually follow when cops are caught breaking the rules and it is exposed as widespread, our political leaders will rush out and denounce the behavior, and then rush back to the legislature to pass laws making sure it’s legal for the cops to do it from now on. At least that has been the pattern so far in this life. Hey, who cares, it’s some little department right? I mean, just because they’re doing it, doesn’t mean the cops around you are. I’m sure the cops around you are totally honest and would never dream of doing anything like that.

But chances are, the cops around you are doing something similar, and either they know it’s wrong and they’re lying about it, or they’re too stupid to be trusted with a slingshot much less a gun.

Who said only bad cops are in blue cities? Just more prevalent there because of population and Democrat police Unions corruption.

Who said only bad cops are in blue cities? Just more prevalent there because of population and Democrat police Unions corruption.

When you are challenging a point, you shouldn’t then prove the point in your next sentence. Just a hint for the future.

As for how prevalent it is, again, 2/3 of the cops in the entire county are under indictment. I’m not sure how much more prevalent it can get.

The excuses, lies, and flat assed diversions from the supporters of the Thin Blue Li(n)e are disproven all the time. One of the favorites from the racist supporters of the police, is that you will only find corrupt cops in Democratic administered cities, where the people with greater skin pigment exist. You see, if Democrats were not in charge, then the cops would be honest. Or something.

Now Llano Texas, where eighty percent of the people voted for Trump, I think we can say is safely Republican. I mean even Jesus couldn’t get elected as a Democrat in that county.

Officers' OWN bodycams catch them picking a lock, violently arresting suspect in second scandal | Daily Mail Online

Destroying evidence, abusing prisoners, lying, and the list of charges goes on, and on, and on. Two thirds of the cops in the county have been indicted. Two thirds. Where are those vast majority of honest cops who keep the corrupt ones at arms length and would never allow it to get that bad?

With literally millions of laws on the books, if you look hard enough, you’ll find something that the person in question has done wrong. That’s the technique Mueller is using as one example. But you don’t have to look hard at the cops. There is always something that they are doing wrong.

Now, if we follow the pattern we usually follow when cops are caught breaking the rules and it is exposed as widespread, our political leaders will rush out and denounce the behavior, and then rush back to the legislature to pass laws making sure it’s legal for the cops to do it from now on. At least that has been the pattern so far in this life. Hey, who cares, it’s some little department right? I mean, just because they’re doing it, doesn’t mean the cops around you are. I’m sure the cops around you are totally honest and would never dream of doing anything like that.

But chances are, the cops around you are doing something similar, and either they know it’s wrong and they’re lying about it, or they’re too stupid to be trusted with a slingshot much less a gun.

If that was true, then the Pervert cops go to Fla, and Calif. The crook cops go to NY, Ill, Miss. Don't think the theory works.

If that was true, then the Pervert cops go to Fla, and Calif. The crook cops go to NY, Ill, Miss. Don't think the theory works.

Forgive me. I may be a little tired, long day. But to summarize what I think you are saying is that the corrupt cops are not limited to geographical areas.

Forgive me. I may be a little tired, long day. But to summarize what I think you are saying is that the corrupt cops are not limited to geographical areas.

There crooked cops on just about every dept, sorry but its the truth. I never worked with a pardner but as most LEOs know word travels fast on a Police Department. Most of the time you never hear about it until its about to be ended. One case a Deputy stole Inspection stickers and was selling them for 5 bucks a hit. Got fired, got arrested got convicted. South Fla 1972. The bad ones sometimes get away with it.

''racist'' supporters.....??
stupid

I know. Racism is always stupid, but there are always a minority who think it makes sense. But what can we do? They won’t learn. You can lead them to water but if you don’t hold their hand they’ll fall in and drown.

I don't think I have ever heard anybody state that corrupt cops are only in Democratic controlled cities. Perhaps you could provide a link. Shouldn't be too hard. This board has a very strong contingent of rabidly red posters. If anybody is going to make such a statement, it would be here.

When you are challenging a point, you shouldn’t then prove the point in your next sentence. Just a hint for the future.

As for how prevalent it is, again, 2/3 of the cops in the entire county are under indictment. I’m not sure how much more prevalent it can get.
His second sentence did not prove anything. Unless you are changing your statement.

His second sentence did not prove anything. Unless you are changing your statement.

I missed this so 2/3rds?

What land does this criminal live in?

I don't think I have ever heard anybody state that corrupt cops are only in Democratic controlled cities. Perhaps you could provide a link. Shouldn't be too hard. This board has a very strong contingent of rabidly red posters. If anybody is going to make such a statement, it would be here.

Reply number 8. Law Enforcement Officers’ Bill Of Rights

Many similar replies in this thread. One fear under Trump is coming to pass, as expected.

I’ve seen it many times when discussing Police Corruption. You notice the true blue supporters are absent here don’t you? Nothing for them to point to. No Blacks, and no Democrats for them to blame it on.

Reply number 8. Law Enforcement Officers’ Bill Of Rights

Many similar replies in this thread. One fear under Trump is coming to pass, as expected.

I’ve seen it many times when discussing Police Corruption. You notice the true blue supporters are absent here don’t you? Nothing for them to point to. No Blacks, and no Democrats for them to blame it on.

So, nowhere in reply number 8 does the poster say that corrupt cops are only found Democratic controlled cities, but you still want to run with that faux outrage.

I don't know chazblikowski but I as a LEO have found that criminal cops are spread over the whole spectrum not many depts are all straight. Sometimes it is a pay problem and when a cop needs money and has no place to make it they can go bad. This is why some dept have extra duty for them to work for it. Some cops have second jobs. But it is hard to work for a low pay while the guys you are arresting are making 100k a year tax free.

I missed this so 2/3rds?

What land does this criminal live in?

I have problems with Police Unions they become political and the in charge become self serving. The board members get paid off by promotion and easy jobs off the streets. I just can not picture a AFCIO union on strike being patrolled by a Brother union doing it.

The law is the law. The police for any reason are able to ask you your Name and Date of Birth. It can be that you are acting suspicious, or in a area that is high crime you as a citizen have to tell them. No crime has to be broken. For some reason same smart axxes have the idea that they don't have to tell them anything, you can get arrested for not iding yourself. In Fla is you are in a suspicious are such as a warehouse area at 2 am and the law stops you better have a reason for just hanging around for they can arrest you. I suggest just go with the flow you will walk away free. Besides who hangs around in a warehouse area at 2 am for fun. It does hurt if you are carrying a prybar.

You can find bad people in any profession Doc, Lawyers, truck drivers, life guards, Boy Scouts, YMCA, Government, most other places. Cops are not normal citizens because so many people hate or dislike them as authority figures. They are suppose to live at higher standards but some can't. Some use drugs, drink, spouse abuse, violent. I bet you have commited a crime in the past year, so how about a cop living just like you did. Is it ok? No it is not. Did you get caught, No is that right? Walk a mile in the cops shoes and then talk or post about it..

You can find bad people in any profession Doc, Lawyers, truck drivers, life guards, Boy Scouts, YMCA, Government, most other places. Cops are not normal citizens because so many people hate or dislike them as authority figures. They are suppose to live at higher standards but some can't. Some use drugs, drink, spouse abuse, violent. I bet you have commited a crime in the past year, so how about a cop living just like you did. Is it ok? No it is not. Did you get caught, No is that right? Walk a mile in the cops shoes and then talk or post about it..

True. You find bad people in every profession. However, in most professions, you don’t find people covering for them. Their peers don’t normally do that. If they do, you’ll find those peers charged as Accessories or co-conspirators.

The Chicago shooting of Laquan was a rather unique incident. Not only that it was prosecuted successfully. But for once, they held the other cops present responsible for their statements. Those other cops who wrote their reports swearing that the shooting was justified, faced punitive action, including termination and criminal charges, for the lies. That is very rare. Not the lies, that is very common and a normal part of every incident that gets exposed, but the punishment for those lies.

It is to some extent, understandable. It is a manifestation of the Us versus Them mentality. We will side with our buddies because our buddies have backed us up when it counted. But it is a perversion of the word Honor. It is a perversion of the very principle of Honor.

As Van Dyke found out, when you tell a lie, every other statement is at best suspect, and most probably disbelieved. The jury just didn’t believe him. That is one of the reasons I have avoided lies pretty much all my life. My peers at work, and my superiors at work, all know one thing about me for certain. If I say it happened one way, it happened that way. The evidence always backs me up. Including video. I do not lie to my peers, or to my superiors. I have always believed that a man without honor is one who is not worth knowing. Your buddies who lie for you today, may lie against you tomorrow. Why trust them? Why consider that the SOP? That is but one faction of the thin blue line I have never understood.

As for the crimes I may have committed. I am a member of the least criminal group in the country. A concealed weapons permit holder. Statistically we are the least criminal group in the nation. The most common crime committed by our members? Forgetting the permit while we are carrying. A mistake I strive not to make.

I well understand risk. I’ve worked in high risk occupations most of my life. From driving hazardous materials in an 18 wheeler, where the slightest mistake can result in a catastrophic event, to operating heavy equipment with fifty tons dangling from a couple strings. Where a mistake can and does result in damage at the least, and injuries and death far too often. It is why the industry has a higher death ratio than police officers have.

Before that, I was a soldier. I walked into booby trapped buildings, and bunkers. I disarmed enemy traps. I was shot at, and missed, fired back, and perhaps hit, we didn’t do forensic analysis to figure out who fired where in combat.

Before that, I grew up in tough neighborhoods. So threats and danger are a constant companion through my life, even people wanting to harm, or kill me. Even before I joined the army and learned to leap from an airplane with little more than Government issued Nylon to slow my fall. My beliefs and principles have been developed largely because of my Father, who taught me that if you have to lie, you’ve already done one thing wrong, and all you are doing by lying, is compounding your screw up. The smartest thing is to shut your mouth, and say nothing. Make them prove it. A lie gives them something to check, and when they discover the lie, then nothing you say, including the truth, will save you.

Van Dyke learned that lesson to his sorrow. Then again, after his bad shooting, there was little doubt he would learn a lesson, the only question was how painful the lesson would be.

Forum List

Back