Bring back the rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't accuse you of anything

Did you forget you said this?

"That has always been your problem dealing with me ... You project your activities on me ..."

That is an accusation, in case you didn't know.

Where did I say "your bullies"? That's the problem with you, you try to put words in my mouth that I didn't say.

If you are talking about my buddies and calling them bullies at the same time ... Who would you be talking about?

Speaking about putting words in someone else's mouth how is this an excuse for anyone abusing the system?
Well, I didn't realize that all the bullies were indeed your buddies.....that makes sense....my bad.

But, you did say I was projecting my actions on you.....I never promised to neg anyone every 48 hours like the bullies did.....so how is that projecting my actions on you?

"Use of the rep system for anything other than how it was intended to be used was abuse."

If anyone is making excuses ... That would be you not me. (Projecting your activities on me again).

You're the one trying to accuse the ones that defended themselves as "bullies" - that is making excuses for the real bullies, your buddies.

And, I'm not making excuses for anyone.....just explaining to you the use of semantics......the study of meaning. The reason the bullies, your buddies, were able to get away with their actions is because they were not abusing the system, per say.

I can't dumb it down any more....if you don't understand what I'm trying to say, then you just don't....I don't think I can draw you a picture.

Not at all ... I simply suggested that the "rep hammer" was used by bullies and an abuse of the system ... Your admissions to how it was used is your own making.

You cannot dumb it down anymore because abusing the system was dumb no matter what your reasons were.

I didn't accuse you of anything

Did you forget you said this?

"That has always been your problem dealing with me ... You project your activities on me ..."

That is an accusation, in case you didn't know.

I didn't accuse you of any activities regarding the rep system that you did not support in your own statements. I accused you of projecting your activities on me and gave examples.

Try again sweetheart ... You may actually stumble over something pertinent to the discussion.

How exactly did anyone abuse the rep system? There was a limit to the amount of pos rep you could hand out, and you couldn't rep the same person twice without repping 12 other people first.....you could not neg rep anyone twice within 48 hours.....you are trying to make an excuse for the people who used the rep system as a means to bully people....they didn't have to abuse the system to do that. There was no way to abuse the system, really, just ways to intimidate newcomers and those they didn't like.

So using a "rep hammer" is the way the rep system should be used ... Or just bullies being bullies?

I don't know what a "rep hammer" is. The fact that some retaliated the bullies doesn't make them bullies, they were just "standing their ground". But, I see, you're still trying to find an excuse for your buddies?
^ that.

Well, I didn't realize that all the bullies were indeed your buddies.....that makes sense....my bad.

But, you did say I was projecting my actions on you.....I never promised to neg anyone every 48 hours like the bullies did.....so how is that projecting my actions on you?
there were a couple rw wannabe bullies here who would openly say zany stuff like that because its all they had. One of them is still here :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Oh horseshit Ernie. You negged me on the 48s in my early days here and even told me in advance you were going to do it. Now how do you neg "vulgar, hypocritical, hateful terminally stupid" posts that don't even exist yet?

You're full of shit, as usual. I negged stupid shit. There were several people who's stupid shit I could only neg once every 48 hours. If the time limit had been 15 minutes, there would have been no shortage of neg worthy posts.

Don't lie Ernie. I have your very words saying just that. I could quote it back to you verbatim if it wasn't against site rules, but you and I both know it exists. Man up already.
Do you now?.... Most likely, I negged a particularly stupid post and you decided to return the neg with some equally stupid comment. I may very well have told you that I would continue the game as long as you wanted.

THAT was pretty much my pattern. I negged someone, for what I considered a valid reason. If they accepted my assessment of their post, they were OK in my book. IF they decided to return the neg on a post that didn't deserve such, I would hit back. The game would continue until the person got the hint.

I made both friends and enemies with rep comments. I really thought you and I were past that, but I really don't take kindly to being called a liar by a self absorbed ass.

Then don't tell lies in the first place, because I won't tolerate it. The fact is you spelled out specifically in a PM that this site gives you the ability to neg every 48 hours and you were going to avail yourself of that whenever the clock allowed. I'm paraphrasing your exact words to skirt the rules but that's the fact -- you had it preplanned, and when the clock was up, sure enough you made good on your word. So don't come in here trying to play all innocent, because you and I both know better.

Yep, time to man up Ernie. You did it to me. You pm'd me and explained to me the way it was supposed to go. I was supposed to let SS and anyone (you) neg me without negging back because you had more rep and you could neg me into infinity. I fought back.....and you never did make good on your promise because I think you knew that I would continue to fight back. And, I don't remember you ever negging me again after that nasty pm exchange we had.

When my rep soared past SS's and KG's, they quit negging me too, they were neg bullies, too.
I offered you some friendly advice. It seemed to work.

Where did I say "your bullies"? That's the problem with you, you try to put words in my mouth that I didn't say.

If you are talking about my buddies and calling them bullies at the same time ... Who would you be talking about?

Speaking about putting words in someone else's mouth how is this an excuse for anyone abusing the system?

"Use of the rep system for anything other than how it was intended to be used was abuse."

If anyone is making excuses ... That would be you not me. (Projecting your activities on me again).

You're the one trying to accuse the ones that defended themselves as "bullies" - that is making excuses for the real bullies, your buddies.

And, I'm not making excuses for anyone.....just explaining to you the use of semantics......the study of meaning. The reason the bullies, your buddies, were able to get away with their actions is because they were not abusing the system, per say.

I can't dumb it down any more....if you don't understand what I'm trying to say, then you just don't....I don't think I can draw you a picture.

Not at all ... I simply suggested that the "rep hammer" was used by bullies and an abuse of the system ... Your admissions to how it was used is your own making.

You cannot dumb it down anymore because abusing the system was dumb no matter what your reasons were.

wrong hun. It was "standing our ground". You disagree w/ that principle?

Last edited:
I don't know what a "rep hammer" is. The fact that some retaliated the bullies doesn't make them bullies, they were just "standing their ground". But, I see, you're still trying to find an excuse for your buddies?
^ that.

Yeah, well ... I have no problem conceding to fact that some people engaging in the same activity for the same reasons are more inclined to think it is different because it suits their desires.

Last edited:
^ that.

Yeah, we'll ... I have no problem conceding to fact that some people engaging in the same activity for the same reasons are more inclined to think it is different because it suits their desires.

rw wannabe bullies were playing w/ fire & didn't realize that they could get burned. I stayed out of the neg rep wars as I stopped using that lame feature 2 yrs ago. Some people here, 96% of them rw'ers, were addicted to that little tab. Sad, sad SAD!!! :(

rw wannabe bullies were playing w/ fire & didn't realize that they could get burned. I stayed out of the neg rep wars as I stopped using that lame feature 2 yrs ago. Some people here, 96% of them rw'ers, were addicted to that little tab. Sad, sad SAD!!! :(

Yeah ... From what I understand those left-wing bullies were far more effective than the right-wing bullies. It was pretty fun to watch ... People who never understood they were just as guilty.

I wouldn't say it was sad ... It was pathetic.

^ that.

Yeah, we'll ... I have no problem conceding to fact that some people engaging in the same activity for the same reasons are more inclined to think it is different because it suits their desires.

I can't imagine you ever had enough rep that anyone was worried about you using it

You're full of shit, as usual. I negged stupid shit. There were several people who's stupid shit I could only neg once every 48 hours. If the time limit had been 15 minutes, there would have been no shortage of neg worthy posts.

Don't lie Ernie. I have your very words saying just that. I could quote it back to you verbatim if it wasn't against site rules, but you and I both know it exists. Man up already.
Do you now?.... Most likely, I negged a particularly stupid post and you decided to return the neg with some equally stupid comment. I may very well have told you that I would continue the game as long as you wanted.

THAT was pretty much my pattern. I negged someone, for what I considered a valid reason. If they accepted my assessment of their post, they were OK in my book. IF they decided to return the neg on a post that didn't deserve such, I would hit back. The game would continue until the person got the hint.

I made both friends and enemies with rep comments. I really thought you and I were past that, but I really don't take kindly to being called a liar by a self absorbed ass.

Then don't tell lies in the first place, because I won't tolerate it. The fact is you spelled out specifically in a PM that this site gives you the ability to neg every 48 hours and you were going to avail yourself of that whenever the clock allowed. I'm paraphrasing your exact words to skirt the rules but that's the fact -- you had it preplanned, and when the clock was up, sure enough you made good on your word. So don't come in here trying to play all innocent, because you and I both know better.

Yep, time to man up Ernie. You did it to me. You pm'd me and explained to me the way it was supposed to go. I was supposed to let SS and anyone (you) neg me without negging back because you had more rep and you could neg me into infinity. I fought back.....and you never did make good on your promise because I think you knew that I would continue to fight back. And, I don't remember you ever negging me again after that nasty pm exchange we had.

When my rep soared past SS's and KG's, they quit negging me too, they were neg bullies, too.

Actually, you sound like an asshole bully

Why would you continue to neg someone with almost no rep? Get enjoyment out of it?

Stat had no reason to ask Admin for rep to be removed as we bestowed quite a large neg rep hammer if I remember correctly. I know he had more rep than big Urn for example.

I sure didn't ask for rep to be removed nor am I the reason why it was removed, but now, 4 months later, I don't care whether we have rep or not. It's just not that important. Never was. But the experiment was fun!

what a crock of shit. one little neg rep from me and you ballistic. bumping 150 of my threads and then you waged a four month 48 hour neg fest. all because of one little neg rep.

:lol:

Stat had no reason to ask Admin for rep to be removed as we bestowed quite a large neg rep hammer if I remember correctly. I know he had more rep than big Urn for example.

I sure didn't ask for rep to be removed nor am I the reason why it was removed, but now, 4 months later, I don't care whether we have rep or not. It's just not that important. Never was. But the experiment was fun!

what a crock of shit. one little neg rep from me and you ballistic. bumping 150 of my threads and then you waged a four month 48 hour neg fest. all because of one little neg rep.

:lol:

Rep wasn't and isn't important to Stat. I hope that's clear.

WE SHALL BRING BACK THE REP COMMENTS AND ADD A DISAGREE BUTTON.

Ladies and gentlemen your President has spoken.
Carry On

Sidenote

Gramps did you change your Xbox live name?

Actually, you sound like an asshole bully

Why would you continue to neg someone with almost no rep? Get enjoyment out of it?
I negged assholes on both sides of the aisle.

With the old system, you could see at a glance who could be considered capable of an intelligent discussion. Those with a string of red splats there on the right side of the page got those badges of stupidity in a bipartisan effort.

Oh sorry ... There was something funny on television ... Big rep hammer to do what?

Wow ... Do you even know you just admitted using the rep function contrary to its intended purpose.

And ...

You used the pronoun "we" when describing your hammer ... Implicating Stat in your conspiracy to commit rep abuse.

jake already admitted that he, stat and others abused the rep system in order to boost other poster's rep. Funny how no one on the left is calling them out for that but are screaming at those who followed the 48 hour rule when it came to neg rep. Typical leftists.

How exactly did anyone abuse the rep system? There was a limit to the amount of pos rep you could hand out, and you couldn't rep the same person twice without repping 12 other people first.....you could not neg rep anyone twice within 48 hours.....you are trying to make an excuse for the people who used the rep system as a means to bully people....they didn't have to abuse the system to do that. There was no way to abuse the system, really, just ways to intimidate newcomers and those they didn't like.

Which would be abusing the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back