BP vs. ACORN

They didnt allow the employees to cheat them.

They reported most of the incidents themselves.

ACORN were corrupt from the top down. Live with it. But, don't worry, they haven't gone away, they just broke up an re-branded..... fortunately, we still know who they are and we'll get them again.

You have no proof of this and only repete the republican talking points about it.

Acorn registared millions to vote and helped millions find housing.

They hired temp workers and some of them (a small fraction) cheated them out of a days pay.

Not ONE false vote was ever cast.

The republican party has been caught red handed disenfranchising perfectly legal voters.

If one of these two groups was any real threat to democracy its was the republican party and not Acorn.

Caging (voter suppression) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1980s
In 1981 and 1986 the Republican National Committee (RNC) sent out letters to predominately African-American neighborhoods. When tens of thousands of them were returned undeliverable, the party successfully challenged the voters and had them deleted from voting rolls. Due to the violation of the Voting Rights Act, the RNC was taken to court. Its officials entered a consent decree which prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives that targeted minorities or conducting mail campaigns to "compile voter challenge lists."[5]

[edit] 2004 US Election
BBC journalist Greg Palast obtained an RNC document entitled "State Implementation Template III.doc" that described Republican election operations for caging plans in numerous states. The paragraph in the document pertaining to caging was:

V. Pre Election Day Operations New Registration Mailing
At whatever point registration in the state closes, a first class mailing should be sent to all new registrants as well as purged/inactive voters. This mailing should welcome the recipient to the voter rolls. It is important that a return address is clearly identifiable. Any mail returned as undeliverable for any reason, should be used to generate a list of problematic registrations. Poll watchers should have this list and be prepared to challenge anyone from this list attempting to vote.[6][7]

You people just love the lies the corporate world feeds you to get you to vote against your own interests and vote theirs instead.

You're not one to talk. It's no different than you voting against your own interests and voting for the interests of politicians instead.

ACORN were corrupt from the top down. Live with it. But, don't worry, they haven't gone away, they just broke up an re-branded..... fortunately, we still know who they are and we'll get them again.
Why don't you get Goldman Sachs instead, Slave.

Use real evidence to make your decisions.

quit using talking points.

Stay with the facts.

Thatr is what I do and if you joined me you would come to the same conclusions I do.

Most of the GS guys are working for Obama, idiot.

ACORN is a criminal enterprise and is a bigger threat to our Liberty than the Gambino crime family. BP is trying to work through an accident. An accident.

See the difference?

The voice of Logic.

Acorn no longer exisists.

You people just love the lies the corporate world feeds you to get you to vote against your own interests and vote theirs instead.

Really?

ACORN 'dissolved as a national structure' <February 2010, POLITICO:

[SNIP]

The embattled liberal group ACORN is in the process of dissolving its national structure, with state and local-chapters splitting off from the underfunded, controversial national group, an official close to the group confirmed.

"ACORN has dissolved as a national structure of state organizations," said a senior official close to the group, who declined to be identified by name because of the fierce conservative attacks on the group that began when a conservative filmmaker caught some staffers of its tax advisory arms on tape appearing to offer advice on incorporating a prostitution business.

The videos proved a rallying point for conservatives who had long accused the group of fomenting voting fraud. Though the videos did not produce criminal charges, they appear to have been fatal to the national organization.

"Consistent with what the internal recommendations have been, each of the states are developing plans for reconstitution independence and self-sufficiency," said the official, citing ACORN's "diminished resources, damage to the brand, unprecedented attacks."

The new organizations, he said "will be constituted under new banners and new bylaws and new governance," he said, consistent with the recommendations of an outside panel."

[/SNIP]

You were saying? :oops:

Why do they block phone banks and put perfectly legal voters on lists designed to keep them from voting?

Come on guys, lets talk about the organization that has actually illegally effected elections.

Acorn never did that.

Uh-Huh. Seems alot of you would rather be 'slaves' to the STATE as is being done now under your very nose.

I have no vote in most of the corporations.

I have a vote in government.

You fail to see who is really out to strip you of your rights

PLEASE answer my question about why the republican party has to cheat to win elections?

PLEASE answer my question about why the republican party has to cheat to win elections?

You are aware, are you not, that the topic of the thread is BP vs ACORN, and not about the GOP cheating to win elections?

Are you able to follow simple instructions? Because you seem incapable of focusing on a topic.

I'm not hearing too many of the conservatives who demanded that ACORN lose its government contracts saying the same about BP. What's the problem?

ACORN is known for voter fraud. Are you saying there was sabotage at the oil well? That would certainly make sense to the conspiracy theorists who claim that Obama wants to put oil companies out of business.

No, ACORN isn't. BP on the other hand, already has convictions on its rap sheet.

I'm not hearing too many of the conservatives who demanded that ACORN lose its government contracts saying the same about BP. What's the problem?

ACORN is known for voter fraud. Are you saying there was sabotage at the oil well? That would certainly make sense to the conspiracy theorists who claim that Obama wants to put oil companies out of business.

No, ACORN isn't. BP on the other hand, already has convictions on its rap sheet.

Apples and orangutans.

ACORN is a criminal enterprise and is a bigger threat to our Liberty than the Gambino crime family. BP is trying to work through an accident. An accident.

See the difference?

You are getting stupider by the second.

BP had 'an accident' so there can't be any civil or criminal liability? Is that your honest to goodness belief?

Here's a hint, two hints actually. You have liability insurance on your car, in case you have an ACCIDENT. Half of all auto ACCIDENTS involve drunk drivers. Exxon Valdez was an ACCIDENT.

Now think for awhile about that.

Apples and orangutans.

You've already been proving a fucking idiot in this thread. Let someone else have a turn.

Are BP (a foreign owned business) funded by US taxpayers? I soooo did not know that.

Just goes to prove, you can't fix stupid.

Yes, BP is subsidized by US taxpayers.

So you just proved that stupid can't be fixed, though I can recommend a vet if you want to get spayed

Forum List

Back