Bought Barbeque from a truck today, supporting my local businesses.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
The guy drove his truck from the other side of town, he's trying to keep his business going. I bought a tray of beef brisket (OMG was it good!). I asked him what's happening at his restaurant and he said "Officially" it's take out only but lot's of people eat on their outside patio, at proper social distance of course. That's the reality, real people desperately trying to keep afloat.

D or R supporter? The Business Owner?

This thread depends upon knowing????

Without Knowing, I say, hell yes.

This morning an elderly couple across the street were telling me about needing 6 dozen eggs a month and they could only get 2 because of the rationing. On the way to work I stopped and got two dozen. On the way home, I stopped and got two more dozen. I proudly carried them over to their house and started throwing them at their kitchen window just for spite.

Just kidding. I did buy them two more dozen though because I am actually a nice selfless fellow and all that toward old childless couples who who knows might leave me their house one day.

Right wing misinformation is killing people.

It isn't just right wing...De Blasio told folks to go to parades an such...and on like March 12 New Orleans should have cancelled Mardi gras. There's plenty of blame to go around...

Last edited:
This morning an elderly couple across the street were telling me about needing 6 dozen eggs a month and they could only get 2 because of the rationing. On the way to work I stopped and got two dozen. On the way home, I stopped and got two more dozen. I proudly carried them over to their house and started throwing them at their kitchen window just for spite.

Just kidding. I did buy them two more dozen though because I am actually a nice selfless fellow and all that toward old childless couples who who knows might leave me their house one day.

Almost every city and town allows 3 hens. Use a small chicken tractor, moves around. If all 3 lay 3 a day that's over 7 dozen. Move that chicken tractor around and they are also basically free range, nice orange yolks. Personally I have a coop and 2 separate roosting areas, 10 nest boxes. I have run 36 at a time and let them out in the day. Lotsa eggs! I give them away.

3154830029_1373424369.jpg

Almost every city and town allows 3 hens. Use a small chicken tractor, moves around. If all 3 lay 3 a day that's over 7 dozen. Move that chicken tractor around and they are also basically free range, nice orange yolks. Personally I have a coop and 2 separate roosting areas, 10 nest boxes. I have run 36 at a time and let them out in the day. Lotsa eggs! I give them away.

Cool I've never seen that contraption! Good on you for giving away eggs when people need them the most.

My city does not allow farm animals unless you were grandfathered in when your property was annexed. No chickens, goats, etc.

My city does not allow farm animals unless you were grandfathered in when your property was annexed. No chickens, goats, etc.
[/QUOTE]

That's sad. So many do now. Not even 3 and no roosters?

That's sad. So many do now. Not even 3 and no roosters?
[/QUOTE]

None. Zero. Nada. Unless it comes in a bucket with 11 herbs and spices, you are not to have chickens on your property in my city

None. Zero. Nada. Unless it comes in a bucket with 11 herbs and spices, you are not to have chickens on your property in my city

Too bad. May be able to change that.

Why cities should <3 chickens

Make sure to communicate clearly why chickens belong in the city. Here’s a few easy reasons:

• Chickens are fun, friendly pets with educational value for children about where food like eggs comes from
  • They can provide food security for poor families
  • They lay healthier eggs compared to store-bought eggs
  • They give gardeners high-quality fertilizer
  • They control flies and other pests, not add to them, and dispose of weeds and kitchen scraps that otherwise might end up in the landfill

Too bad. May be able to change that.

Why cities should <3 chickens

Make sure to communicate clearly why chickens belong in the city. Here’s a few easy reasons:

• Chickens are fun, friendly pets with educational value for children about where food like eggs comes from
  • They can provide food security for poor families
  • They lay healthier eggs compared to store-bought eggs
  • They give gardeners high-quality fertilizer
  • They control flies and other pests, not add to them, and dispose of weeds and kitchen scraps that otherwise might end up in the landfill

My city almost outlawed backyard gardens albeit by accident due to sloppy drafting. Not going to fly

Forum List

Back