Big Brother A Bigger Threat To Your Way Of Life Than ISIS?...

Is Your Government A Bigger Threat To Your Way Of Life Than ISIS Is

• Total voters
With all this 'ISIS is worse than the Nazis' rhetoric coming from Government, i think this is a fair and timely question to Americans. Personally, I think it's clear our Government has been very aggressive in challenging our rights and Constitution in recent years. So is it a bigger threat to you than ISIS? What do you think?
That you're an ignorant demagogue.

Your thread poses an inane, ridiculous question, as neither manifest a 'threat' to one's way of life.

In fact, the threat to Americans' civil liberties comes from you and others on the right, the consequence of your hostility toward gay Americans, other minorities, women, and those expressing their individual liberty as guaranteed by the Constitution.

As for ISIS, it's a criminal organization whose tactics are fear and intimidation, and the only way ISIS can succeed is for Americans to succumb to that fear – as most conservatives have a propensity to do, this thread being evidence of that – and begin to sacrifice their freedom for the false perception of security.

Well since you're calling people ignorant demagogues - thanks for establishing precedence - the only idiot on this thread is you.

I've seen a lot of lawyers who were good at one niche of law but be total idiots on big picture national issues.

And that's you.

Out of the three groupings of people - Conservatives, Libertarians, and Far left liberals - the only ones that are nut jobs are you crack pots over on the big government, mathematically challenged emoting left.

With all this 'ISIS is worse than the Nazis' rhetoric coming from Government, i think this is a fair and timely question to Americans. Personally, I think it's clear our Government has been very aggressive in challenging our rights and Constitution in recent years. So is it a bigger threat to you than ISIS? What do you think?

Your thread poses an inane, ridiculous question, as neither manifest a 'threat' to one's way of life.

In fact, the threat to Americans' civil liberties comes from you and others on the right, the consequence of your hostility toward gay Americans, other minorities, women, and those expressing their individual liberty as guaranteed by the Constitution.

As for ISIS, it's a criminal organization whose tactics are fear and intimidation, and the only way ISIS can succeed is for Americans to succumb to that fear – as most conservatives have a propensity to do, this thread being evidence of that – and begin to sacrifice their freedom for the false perception of security.

Well since you're calling people ignorant demagogues - thanks for establishing precedence - the only idiot on this thread is you.

I've seen a lot of lawyers who were good at one niche of law but be total idiots on big picture national issues.

And that's you.

Out of the three groupings of people - Conservatives, Libertarians, and Far left liberals - the only ones that are nut jobs are you crack pots over on the big government, mathematically challenged emoting left.

Long-winded Non-Answers. He's known for that. But if he is a Lawyer, it makes perfect sense no?

And that's you.

Long-winded Non-Answers. He's known for that. But if he is a Lawyer, it makes perfect sense no?

LOL. Well I have to go easy on lawyers...I used to be married to one and we parted as friends. :) My ex went to law school after mil service though and he HATED sitting thru class with libs though. Dumb ass lib profs would talk about something (like military op) he was actually involved in, and prof would be like, "don't confuse us with the facts."

So not all are bad. But there are a lot of flakes. :)

For now anyway, it looks like most are voting their Government as being more a threat than ISIS.

ISIS is possibly the most over-hyped threat in history. It's a Warmonger wet dream. It's being used as an opportunity for the usual suspects to drag us into more war. But if the People of that region don't want ISIS, they'll deal with it. It's not our war. The U.S. and Great Britain especially, need to stop all their meddling and killing around the world. It's time for a new direction. It's time to come home. The real threat is here.

Considering ISIS is zero threat (until/unless they hop on a plane or ship and actually come here) yes.
Why would they not have already done that? If they can die in Syria they can die here as well...

The threat is being highly exaggerated. It's more War Propaganda hype. And i'm very sad to say, but our Government doesn't care about Terrorism. It's only concerned with creating more Patriot Acts and NDAA's. How else can you explain them leaving our borders wide open? There is no real concern for Terrorism. No nation that's supposedly so concerned with Terrorism, leave its borders wide open. It doesn't make any sense. Unless you realize our Government doesn't really care about it.

OR WORSE. They WANT another event to happen.

Yes I believe that, I believe that our government (and I'm not singling out any one party here they are BOTH in on it) WANTS to see another terrorist event. People are starting to complain about big brother, remember how after 9/11 everyone was FOR more government oversight.

Considering ISIS is zero threat (until/unless they hop on a plane or ship and actually come here) yes.
Why would they not have already done that? If they can die in Syria they can die here as well...

The threat is being highly exaggerated. It's more War Propaganda hype. And i'm very sad to say, but our Government doesn't care about Terrorism. It's only concerned with creating more Patriot Acts and NDAA's. How else can you explain them leaving our borders wide open? There is no real concern for Terrorism. No nation that's supposedly so concerned with Terrorism, leave its borders wide open. It doesn't make any sense. Unless you realize our Government doesn't really care about it.

OR WORSE. They WANT another event to happen.

Yes I believe that, I believe that our government (and I'm not singling out any one party here they are BOTH in on it) WANTS to see another terrorist event. People are starting to complain about big brother, remember how after 9/11 everyone was FOR more government oversight.

Sadly, i've had to conclude that our Government isn't really concerned with Terrorism. It's only concerned with crushing our Constitution and Liberty. Why else would it leave our borders wide open? A Nation so concerned with Terrorism, leaves it's borders unsecured? Doesn't make much sense. Unless you realize the powers-that-be aren't really concerned.

They want more Patriot Acts and NDAA's. That's the sad reality. So yes, i do think many in our Government are hoping for another 9/11-style attack. They would consider it a wonderful opportunity. I really do hate to say these things, but since 9/11 our Government has consistently assaulted our Constitution and Liberty. So i have no more patience, trust, and good will left. I see our current state of Government for what it is.

Well, it looks like many Americans are aware of the bigger threat. That makes me somewhat optimistic about our Nation's future. Thanks all for participating.

neither have ever swayed my lifestyle in the least.

Actually, Big Brother has swayed your lifestyle a bit. Look more closely. Big Brother created Homeland Security (Gestapo), the Patriot Act, and the NDAA. He's also spying on American Citizens around the clock. ISIS isn't doing any of that. And it never will.

Forum List

Back