Biden Con Job Regarding Supply Chain Solution: Opening Port 24/7 Is NOT The 'Game Changer' He Claims

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Though the problem has been building for many months, supply chain issues in the United States and particularly the role ports in Los Angeles and Long Beach play, have become a hot topic in the news cycle. Finally, Joe Biden somewhat addressed the issue; however, like many things Biden, the “solution” isn’t really a solution, and there is no acknowledgment of the federal and state regulations and laws that have, for the most part, caused the problem.

The Fake News Media certainly want is doing it's best to make people think this move by Biden is going to solve the problem:

President Biden announces that the port of Los Angeles will begin operating 24/7 to help supply chain bottleneck issues, nearly doubling the amount of time it is now open.

"Today's announcement has the potential to be a game changer," he says pic.twitter.com/KYAoimE5Hf
— CBS News (@CBSNews)
October 13, 2021

NOTHING-burger!

Industry experts told Freightwaves that simply expanding port hours wouldn’t get goods to market faster because unless distribution centers/warehouses are also open 24/7, truckers won’t want to pick up loads during off-hours. One executive characterized the move as a “nothing burger”.

The announcement of the extended hours has been welcomed, but not everybody is impressed. One forwarder executive described this as a “nothing burger”.

Craig Grossgart, senior vice-president global ocean of Seko Logistics, remarked that the initiative will do nothing beyond allowing terminals to clean up their yards and make them marginally more efficient.

“Truckers and customers don’t want to pull boxes at night, because few DCs operate 24-hours a day. So, the trucker will have to pre-pull the container, store it in a secure yard, which costs more money obviously and comes with liability for the security of the container,”

This is a great article because experts teach people how the supply chain REALLY works, explaining every detail.....and how Biden is trying to baffle the American people with bullshit.

Opening the Port of Los Angeles 24/7 Isn't the Game Changer Biden Claims

Things stopped moving when the lockdown occurred. Nobody wanted the stuff. Now that the lockdown is over, things are starting to move. There's traffic jams just like you'd expect.

Though the problem has been building for many months, supply chain issues in the United States and particularly the role ports in Los Angeles and Long Beach play, have become a hot topic in the news cycle. Finally, Joe Biden somewhat addressed the issue; however, like many things Biden, the “solution” isn’t really a solution, and there is no acknowledgment of the federal and state regulations and laws that have, for the most part, caused the problem.

The Fake News Media certainly want is doing it's best to make people think this move by Biden is going to solve the problem:

President Biden announces that the port of Los Angeles will begin operating 24/7 to help supply chain bottleneck issues, nearly doubling the amount of time it is now open.

"Today's announcement has the potential to be a game changer," he says pic.twitter.com/KYAoimE5Hf
— CBS News (@CBSNews)
October 13, 2021

NOTHING-burger!

Industry experts told Freightwaves that simply expanding port hours wouldn’t get goods to market faster because unless distribution centers/warehouses are also open 24/7, truckers won’t want to pick up loads during off-hours. One executive characterized the move as a “nothing burger”.

The announcement of the extended hours has been welcomed, but not everybody is impressed. One forwarder executive described this as a “nothing burger”.

Craig Grossgart, senior vice-president global ocean of Seko Logistics, remarked that the initiative will do nothing beyond allowing terminals to clean up their yards and make them marginally more efficient.

“Truckers and customers don’t want to pull boxes at night, because few DCs operate 24-hours a day. So, the trucker will have to pre-pull the container, store it in a secure yard, which costs more money obviously and comes with liability for the security of the container,”

This is a great article because experts teach people how the supply chain REALLY works, explaining every detail.....and how Biden is trying to baffle the American people with bullshit.

Things come into these ports going to distribution centers all over the country. I doubt most of it being delivered locally.

Things stopped moving when the lockdown occurred. Nobody wanted the stuff. Now that the lockdown is over, things are starting to move. There's traffic jams just like you'd expect.
Yeah? If that's true, then we have to ask why it wasn't foreseen and planned for. I actually believe they DID understand the consequences of their shutdown. We are seeing their plan unfold. I think they may initiate a cascading failure that will create real chaos next year. If it reaches the level of millions being unable to get food on the table, Americans will finally be in the streets.

I have friends that work at the LA Port. The rules and regulations are getting ignored. Most of it was vaccination regulations. The union requires that only the vaccinated work. Now the vaccinated union workers are working along with unvaccinated. High school boys are driving the trucks. The big retailers have hired their own crews, vax status unclear.

It will not be long until the backlog is cleared ou. t

"I have the solution to this problem."

press.jpg

"Hire all the refugees under bridges to unload ships."

biden-walking-away-scaled.jpg

Americans... what are the democrats and Brandon going to do to help the supply chains for Christmas?

Democrats... orange man bad, derp

I have friends that work at the LA Port. The rules and regulations are getting ignored. Most of it was vaccination regulations. The union requires that only the vaccinated work. Now the vaccinated union workers are working along with unvaccinated. High school boys are driving the trucks. The big retailers have hired their own crews, vax status unclear.

Thanks for that opinion. but the EXPERTS say to clear out the 1 Million containers sitting on the dock and the approximate 2nd million containers on ships waiting to come to prt to get unloaded will take approx 6 MONTHS.

Instead of listening to your 'friend' at the port, I encourage you to read the article and how the experts break down how it ALL works, flows together - the off-loading, the loading onto trucks, the worker / driver shortages, the Un-Constitutional Biden vaccine mandates affect, not enough truckers working, drivers preferring not to drive at night, etc....

This is not going to be cleared up in 'no time'.

— CBS News (@CBSNews)
October 13, 2021

NOTHING-burger!

I told everyone that the Democrats were going to try to starve us to death.

Yeah? If that's true, then we have to ask why it wasn't foreseen and planned for. I actually believe they DID understand the consequences of their shutdown. We are seeing their plan unfold. I think they may initiate a cascading failure that will create real chaos next year. If it reaches the level of millions being unable to get food on the table, Americans will finally be in the streets.
Would not be surprised if they knew the effects. Would be very surprised if it lead to Americans not being able to get food on the table. Disruption just to justify massive profit taking on rising prices, maybe? Forced inflation due to supply chain manipulation? Look at oil producing countries such as ours. Are we producing less? Not last I heard. Does it cost more to get it out of the ground? Not that I have heard. Sold on international pricing, are oil producer, refiners and sellers make less or more? I suspect the answer is more. I heard the government is having the largest increase in revenues since 1977. Businesses are doing well at higher price and paying more in taxes on revenues on sales with costs ultimately born by consumers. Do you think I am missing something or misunderstanding the effects of supply chain logistic inefficiencies coincidental or induced on government revenues? From a business standpoint, would you rather handle less merchandise for more money with less labor or would you rather produce at 100% using more labor and cost overhead to produce more sales at lower profit? I don't know what is going on. I'm just kicking fourth scenarios.

High school boys are driving the trucks.
last night on the news they brought this up and they said you have to be 21 to drive their rigs....

High school boys are driving the trucks.
last night on the news they brought this up and they said you have to be 21 to drive their rigs....
Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death to 16 and 17 year olds. I used to drive big rigs all the way back to the old days of Special Chauffeurs commercial license. Not sure if you really want teenage high school dropouts on the nations highways bossing semis.

Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death to 16 and 17 year olds. I used to drive big rigs all the way back to the old days of Special Chauffeurs commercial license. Not sure if you really want teenage high school dropouts on the nations highways bossing semis.
no doubt why you have to be 21.....

Forum List

Back