Biden botches Declaration of Independence: 'You know ... you know the thing'

President hopeful Joseph R. Biden made social media headlines on Monday for all the wrong reasons after botching the Declaration of Independence in Texas.

The former Vice President attempted to inspire a crowd by orating one of the most famous documents in world history, only to fumble over the words with “you know the thing.”

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,” Mr. Biden, said. “All men and women created … by the — you know — you know the thing.”
Ladies and gentlemen, this man is the absolute best the Democratic Party has to offer.
Yeah, he is getting a bit age-y. Imagine the debates...dotard vs dotardier...
That wouldn't turn out the way you imagine.

That wouldn't turn out the way you imagine.
Of course it would. I don't judge a "debate" outfome by who is the most childish asshole, like Trump supporters do. Trump can barely finish a sentence, much less complete a thought. It would be like watching Coccoon 17.

President hopeful Joseph R. Biden made social media headlines on Monday for all the wrong reasons after botching the Declaration of Independence in Texas.

The former Vice President attempted to inspire a crowd by orating one of the most famous documents in world history, only to fumble over the words with “you know the thing.”

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,” Mr. Biden, said. “All men and women created … by the — you know — you know the thing.”
Ladies and gentlemen, this man is the absolute best the Democratic Party has to offer.

After "Tim Apple" and "Marilyn Lockheed" and "colonial army took over the airports" and "would means wouldn't" and "God bless the United Shakes" and "three million illegals" and "thousands and thousands dancing on rooftops" and "the Bronx is a very wonderful place in Germany" (four times) ---- now suddenly we're paying attention?

Isn't that special.

Having it both ways --- Brainless.
This thread is about Biden. Stop trying to deflect attention. I know you get paid to, but hey -- Biden's an idiot. So is anyone who thinks he'd be a good President.

Actually it's most directly about your observation. That you can't handle having it pointed out that that observation is selective, ain't my problem Hunior. Own it.
So, you're incapable of condemning Biden's idiocy, and instead complain about Trump.

Sounds like you're guilty of what you accuse me of. What a hypocrite.

Hunior.

Once again for the nonsentient ---- I didn't post about Biden and I didn't post about Rump. I posted about YOU,

I just turned 70 and despite being educated and "intelligent," I frequently find that the word I need to complete a sentence has disappeared. Most recently, couldn't remember the word, "quarry." So I sympathize with Biden, speaking publicly all the time and being quoted every time he fucks up.

But the problem with Biden is that the qualities that make a good President are vastly different from the qualities that make a good Senator - and I'll grant him that. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a good President. He would be completely controlled by staffers.

And do we want a new President who will be IN HIS 80's IN FOUR YEARS???

This thread is about Biden. Stop trying to deflect attention. I know you get paid to, but hey -- Biden's an idiot. So is anyone who thinks he'd be a good President.
Pogo IS mighty good at deflection. And evasion and refusal to reply to a thread correctly. In other words, a moron, when it comes to politics.
He's completely intellectually dishonest.

Typical leftist.
Yep. It's a shame he's this way concerning politics. His posts on other topics, especially on animals and pets, are quite insightful. He seems to have a good heart and is a caring person. But SO f*cked up when it comes to politics.

Actually I rarely ever post about politics. What I usually post about is logic --- or more to the point, lack thereof. That's exactly what I did here. That's why Dave's having one of his meltdowns.
Still waiting on your acknowledgement that Biden's an idiot.

But that won't ever be forthcoming. You're completely incapable of criticizing fellow leftists.

Oh, and remember all the times you whine like a little bitch when somebody talks about something off-topic?

Yet more Pogo hypocrisy.

Dismissed.

Once AGAIN --- I didn't even watch your video. I take your word for its accuracy. That's not the point, and was never the point.

AGAIN --- *YOU* are the OP. That means it's YOU who chooses what the topic is. I simply observed what you chose. If you can't defend that choice ---------- it's on you.

James Arness created all men and women? WTF???

james-arness.jpg

UBI Ponzi scheme.

UBI is an inevitability. You can argue over whether or not now is the time, but rest assured the time will come. Human labor will become almost entirely obsolete in the centuries to come.

"Somebody will have to repair the robots."

Robot repair work will not make up for the millions of jobs lost to automation, especially when robotics becomes so advanced that humans can't even work on them anymore. The robots will be doing that too. Once the jobs dry up we can either have UBI or let society collapse. Something tells me we'll choose the former.
Well I hate to burst your bubble but I kind of wonder if the time you are talking about will ever come.
I doubt that someone in the seventeenth century could have ever foreseen a time that someone would be sitting behind a box designing a cpu. Or could have imagined a person working on an assembly line. I doubt that anyone of them would have even considered the possibility that someone would be monitoring someone in outer space.
So to say that jobs will dry up maybe just looking at the twenty fifth century through the lens of the nineteenth century.
We really have no idea what will be taking place in the future but at the moment we have more job openings then people filling them so the need for UBI is not needed now and may never be needed.

So to say that jobs will dry up maybe just looking at the twenty fifth century through the lens of the nineteenth century.

I understand your point but there has never been a situation like this before. The robots are going to learn to do the things we do better than we do. When a robot can do anything a human can do 1,000 times more efficiently than any human can there will no longer be a need for humans to do much other than make decisions, though the robots will probably be doing that too.

I understand your point but there has never been a situation like this before. The robots are going to learn to do the things we do better than we do. When a robot can do anything a human can do 1,000 times more efficiently than any human can there will no longer be a need for humans to do much other than make decisions, though the robots will probably be doing that too.
Again do you know that some unforeseen change might not come up?
I doubt you have an way to foretell the future.
I have no doubt that those that were making a living with livery stables felt the same way when horseless carriages began making an appearance. That all the jobs would dry up. No more cattle drives, no more blacksmiths shoeing horses. No more wagon wheel repairs. People making bows, arrows and suites of armor probably felt the same.
At this time we have no idea what the next ten years will bring little own the next hundred.
But I think it is safe to say that robots will not be taking over all the jobs in the next ten or twenty years. We have more jobs then people willing to fill them right now. I have no doubt that if we could fill every job available we would have even more available. So to claim that we need UBI now or even in the foreseeable future is definetintely wrong. And unless you have a time machine then there is no way to tell what the future holds.

Biden is losing his mind.

He said one of his sons was a US Attorney General, and was indeed an Attorney General but only of Delaware.

He later had an interview with Chris Wallace in Sunday News, and at the end Biden called him Chuck (from Chuck Todd). Chris Wallace told him he was "Chris" not "Chuck" and Biden excused himself.

The videos are showing his mind is not well.

This Democrat candidate is showing signs of getting mentally tired. I can't imagine how dangerous he could be as a mentally tired president in an emergency.

He better quit the race for the best of the country.

A heartbeat away

I have no doubt that those that were making a living with stables felt the same way when horseless carriages began making an appearance.

You still needed a person to direct it though. People were in control. Now our tools are on the verge of outgrowing us. They will be in control and we will rely on them for everything.

I have no doubt that those that were making a living with stables felt the same way when horseless carriages began making an appearance.

You still needed a person to direct it though. People were in control. Now our tools are on the verge of outgrowing us. They will be in control and we will rely on them for everything.
You might be watching too many sci-fi movies and letting them influence your thinking.

You might be watching too many sci-fi movies and letting them influence your thinking.

Maybe you're just looking at the twenty fifth century through the lens of the nineteenth century.
Lol. So show me one guaranteed advancement from the twenty fith century that will be taken over by robots. You can't.
Prove to me exactly what date our robot overloads will overtake us. You can't.
It is a very nice little world you have concocted but I think it is just that. In the real world we have open jobs that are not filled. So the idea of UBI is nothing but someone wanting free, while not understanding that nothing is free.

Lol. So show me one guaranteed advancement from the twenty fith century that will be taken over by robots. You can't.

You're right. I can't prove it to you because it hasn't happened yet. I am speculating based on the fact that technology is becoming more and more intricate at a faster and faster rate. The difference between technology now and technology 500 years from now will be a lot bigger than the difference between technology now and technology 500 years ago.

Think about that for a minute.

Imagine trying to explain to Columbus what a Tesla is and how it works. How about satellite internet? 3-D printing? The difference between technology now and technology 500 years from now will be bigger than that.

You're right. I can't prove it to you because it hasn't happened yet. I am speculating based on the fact that technology is becoming more and more intricate at a faster and faster rate. The difference between technology now and technology 500 years from now will be a lot bigger than the difference between technology now and technology 500 years ago.

Think about that for a minute.

Imagine trying to explain to Columbus what a Tesla is and how it works. How about satellite internet? 3-D printing? The difference between technology now and technology 500 years from now will be bigger than that.
Imagine who envisioned all of those and did the actual work to make them possible. And here you are talking 500 years in an attempt to make a case for UBI. First off you have admitted that you have no idea what will be going on in 500 years. You can't really imagine it. Second the case was made for UBI now saying that it is enevatible 500 or a thousand years from now is ludicrous at best as we have no way of knowing what will happen or what things will look like.
To use your own sci-fi ideas there maybe no man dogs maybe on their way to creating fire and their first tools. Remember we have it on authorities that we only have 11 years left to live.

To be honest UBI was and is nothing more then a vote buying scheme.

/---/ And these same asshats mock Trump for some twitter typos.

Second the case was made for UBI now

We could start early experimentation now with what will inevitably become a necessity. I wouldn't have a big issue with that. I understand the reluctance people have though. In my opinion Yang was easily the smartest and most realistic person on that debate stage. He would have made an interesting president.

Remember we have it on authorities that we only have 11 years left to live.

You can save that one for the partisan clowns please.

Second the case was made for UBI now

We could start early experimentation now with what will inevitably become a necessity. I wouldn't have a big issue with that. I understand the reluctance people have though. In my opinion Yang was easily the smartest and most realistic person on that debate stage. He would have made an interesting president.

Remember we have it on authorities that we only have 11 years left to live.

You can save that one for the partisan clowns please.
Yeah you could make a case for Yang being the best but that is kind of a which is better a clown with a yellow nose or a clown with a red nose.
One day you might really learn that nothing in this world is free. To pay someone money that is not earned through their own sweat means you have to take it from someone who did. The whole problem is why should someone produce if you are going to pay them to not produce. But then who produces to pay those that don't produce?

If your fairy tale future ever comes to pass I have no doubt that there will be more then a few weeks before it becomes necessary to do UBI. So we will be have plenty of time to experiment then.

If you think that UBI was anything but a buy vote scheme then you have proven that you are partisan.

Forum List

Back