basket ball star denied seating in restaurant

If this fails to make him money, next he will have to go bait some cops and hope for some videos.

He continued by saying that shortly after him, ‘two white gentlemen’ in buttoned-down shirts approached the desk and requested seats, and to his dismay, both were given seats right away.

Oh you didn't read down that far, did you?

<<sigh>>

He is black.
He was denied entry into a restaurant.

Can anybody identify the logical failure in that syllogism?
BOOM!

Honestly my friend, I think many people participating on this message board are incapable of critical thinking/understanding logical fallacies.

Anybody who wants a color blind society in which skin color is given no more importance than hair or eye color will be seen as racist by most of such people no matter what logical fallacies you point out. They all seem to have reading and cognitive reasoning deficiencies.

However, in this case the maitre d' did probably err in the case of Dominic Wilkins who says he wasn't wearing sweats but rather designer casual pants. The restaurant people did apologize to him. But his conclusion that he wasn't admitted because he was black is specious at best unless other black people had been turned away by error as well.

Last edited:
<<sigh>>

He is black.

I would prefer to hear that they were throwing around the n-word before I seriously consider racism. This was in midtown Atlanta. There’s a lot of money there. There’s negros with money, a ton of homos, and a lot of white woke Gen Z/Y faggotry. It is the last place you would expect to find blatant racism. It is certainly not a bastion of racism. Now, drive 1-2 hours in any direction and get outside of the Atlanta metro, and you may hear the n-word. But you still won’t get some restaurant refusing a patron a table because of skin color. There is a very high ratio of white to black in Georgia. It would be a stupid business decision to turn someone away for being black.

I hate to hear this about Dominique. He was one of my sports heroes when I was a kid.

He continued by saying that shortly after him, ‘two white gentlemen’ in buttoned-down shirts approached the desk and requested seats, and to his dismay, both were given seats right away.

Oh you didn't read down that far, did you?
It’s seems the issue was with his pants, not sure what someone else’s shirt has to do with his pant choice

I would prefer to hear that they were throwing around the n-word before I seriously consider racism. This was in midtown Atlanta. There’s a lot of money there. There’s negros with money, a ton of homos, and a lot of white woke Gen Z/Y faggotry. It is the last place you would expect to find blatant racism. It is certainly not a bastion of racism. Now, drive 1-2 hours in any direction and get outside of the Atlanta metro, and you may hear the n-word. But you still won’t get some restaurant refusing a patron a table because of skin color. There is a very high ratio of white to black in Georgia. It would be a stupid business decision to turn someone away for being black.

I hate to hear this about Dominique. He was one of my sports heroes when I was a kid.
I agree with your analysis, in broad strokes. But I really dislike your use of the word “negro.” Other than that, though, good post.

<<sigh>>

He is black.

Lots of nice restaurants have dress codes.

That's the crux of it. To immediately assume racism, as BackAgain suggested was the case in this incident, is likely in itself racist. To not allow for the possibility that it was an honest error to mistake 'custom casual pants' for sweats is likely in itself racist.

I myself would simply ask the maitre d' why my dress was not acceptable. When told that they did not allow track pants, I would show him that I was in fact wearing custom casual pants. If THEN I was denied seating, I could suspect it was not my clothing but rather something else.

The incident happened more than two years ago and was reported by the NY post. To bring it up again and naming the restaurant now, to me makes it a bit suspicious as to motive.

That's the crux of it. To immediately assume racism, as BackAgain suggested was the case in this incident, is likely in itself racist. To not allow for the possibility that it was an honest error to mistake 'custom casual pants' for sweats is likely in itself racist.

I myself would simply ask the maitre d' why my dress was not acceptable. When told that they did not allow track pants, I would show him that I was in fact wearing custom casual pants. If THEN I was denied seating, I could suspect it was not my clothing but rather something else.

The incident happened more than two years ago and was reported by the NY post. To bring it up again and naming the restaurant now, to me makes it a bit suspicious as to motive.
and saying he wants it closed down is suspicious too

Forum List

Back