Barbarian (2022)

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Critics raved. And so does the audience.
So we rented it.
The first thing I would say is DON"T WATCH THE TRAILER.
The best thing about this movie is you will not predict what happens. This movie does a handful of plot twists that you won't see coming... but if you watch the trailer - you will know half of them. Why did they do that??

Anyway... it has some problems... you are going to need to look past some pretty damning unrealistic scenes... people doing things no one EVER does kind of thing... you know... like 8 people have been murdered in the neighborhood... a high school girl hears a noise in the middle of the night, so naturally she goes out alone to investigate... that sort of thing.
If you can get beyond that - the movie is pretty good for the plot genre it is.

Wokeness scale... 6 out of 10.
At the beginning of the movie the one and only good male apologizes to the female character for "all the bad men out there".
The police are portrayed as arrogant morons.
The female character laments about how she can't trust any men, because you know - that's how it is.
The second main male character is in deep trouble for "raping" a woman. How did he rape her? He didn't. But the film maker wants you to accept that what he did is rape. What did he do... after a girl he was partying with and kissing and engaging in foreplay said she didn't want to have sex, rather than stopping he kept pressuring her... did not force her... but kept goading her on to which she relented - and they had sex.
And he is getting arrested for it.

So we rented it.
The best thing about this movie is you will not predict what happens. This movie does a handful of plot twists that you won't see coming... but if you watch the trailer - you will know half of them. Why did they do that??

Anyway... it has some problems... you are going to need to look past some pretty damning unrealistic scenes... people doing things no one EVER does kind of thing... you know... like 8 people have been murdered in the neighborhood... a high school girl hears a noise in the middle of the night, so naturally she goes out alone to investigate... that sort of thing.

At the beginning of the movie the one and only good male apologizes to the female character for "all the bad men out there".
The female character laments about how she can't trust any men, because you know - that's how it is.
The second main male character is in deep trouble for "raping" a woman. How did he rape her? He didn't. But the film maker wants you to accept that what he did is rape. What did he do... after a girl he was partying with and kissing and engaging in foreplay said she didn't want to have sex, rather than stopping he kept pressuring her... did not force her... but kept goading her on to which she relented - and they had sex.

Would you please wake up.

So we rented it.

Everyone knows, don't go

So we rented it.

It was so AWFUL that I walked out after 20-25 min.

This happened at Suncoast movie theater

I made an attempt to watch it. Unfortunately I just could not get any interest in the female protagonist. I never cared what happened to her.

It was so AWFUL that I walked out after 20-25 min.

This happened at Suncoast movie theater
Horror movies are suppose to trigger a fight-or-flight response which releases chemicals into the system that are execrating. For me it results in only a need for flight which sends me running away from 2 hours of agony. I find enough horrors in life that I don't need to pay good money to suffer through more.

Forum List

Back