Bar Has "Racist" Dress Code

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
A Minneapolis woman says a sign she found outside Bar Louie in Uptown was shocking, and she's not shy about speaking out on the controversial dress code that has many saying they'll no longer spend money there.

"It's the new Jim Crow being enforced in a colorblind way," Michelle Horovitz told Fox 9 News.

Bar Louie is now enforcing a strict dress code that is enforced every Thursday through Saturday from 9 p.m. to close and bars the following items:

- Flat-billed hats
- Large chains
- Sleeveless under shirts
- Long white T-shirts
- Athletic apparel
- Sports jerseys without collars
- Excessively baggy clothing

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...dress-code-policy-denounced-as-overtly-racist

A sentence from you about why you think this is newsworthy might be nice.

• Banned
It's funny how Michelle Horovitz finds this dress code to be racist, because she thinks all black people dress one way.

Typical racist liberal

Seems like the bar should be able to have a dress code if they so choose, and it's not like the items they've singled out are exclusively worn by any one group of people.

Sounds to me like this idiot has a whole deck of race cards she's eager to be dealing out.

There are countless upscale clubs and bars that have dress codes. Bouncers will not let you in if not dressed appropriately. Why is this bar being singled out?

At the club I used to work at, we had hip hop night on Thursdays, and it was immediately troublesome. Hip hop is a magnet for TONS of unsavory characters, so we implemented a dress code similar to the one in that article. You would be shocked at how effective a simple dress code can be for maintaining a safe environment.

Just go to a different club. They have their reasons and its likely nothing racist, just a preference.

HOROVITZ, sounds like an episcopalian name...

Thank you for pointing that out; I hadn't realized it before, but there is an ominous, active campaign being waged by Episcopalians to subvert our flawless democracy and take over the country.

I am currently researching the topic and will post a thread some time this week.

Forum List

Back