Aunt Jemima's Pancake House at Disneyland (1955)

I am in the opinion getting rid of Aunt J. Logo and cream of wheat logo was wrong.

Hell, thats why SO many food items were sold.......was BECAUSE of the logo.
The human face there on the package endeared itself to you, so it became part of the family.

I wonder how much money they've lost going woke like that? I'd really love to know.

So if I started a CANE SYRUP Brand with my great grandpa on the logo who was a man of color would these woke folks try and close me down?

We always did Aunt Jamima Pancake mix, as it was the best pancake mix on the market, as for syrup, it was usually Good Old Log Cabin or Vermont Made pure maple growing up, but Smuckers Blueberry syrup is fantastic, but not invent back then.

So if I started a CANE SYRUP Brand with my great grandpa on the logo who was a man of color would these woke folks try and close me down?
If it were representative of a Black stereotype meaning involuntary servitude--the loyal Black Mammy, in her case....probably. Aunt Jemima is a meme..and not a nice one.

Descendants of Aunt Jemima models Lillian Richard and Anna Short Harrington objected to the change. Vera Harris, a family historian for Richard's family, said "I wish we would take a breath and not just get rid of everything. Because good or bad, it is our history." Harrington's great-grandson Larnell Evans said "This is an injustice for me and my family. This is part of my history."

I am in the opinion getting rid of Aunt J. Logo and cream of wheat logo was wrong.
Pearl Milling Company sounds like a generic brand. Boooooooooooo!

My favorite was Land O Lakes butter, got rid of the Indian on the logo, but kept the land!

I wonder what she would think of the MAGA cult's work trying to censor the history of black people in this country.

From what I've read the Real Aunt Jemima enjoyed her status.
And her family repeated those thoughts and are pissed that she got democrated.

Forum List

Back