Atheism's big LIE

And i don't think prayers are all that meaningful.
One person finds something (other than prayer) meaningful. The second person does not. Should the position of not finding something meaningful trump the position of finding that thing meaningful?

Most prayers last less than a minute. You can't give your fellow man that much time? Your own business is that important that a minute causes actual damage to you/your business?
In the context of this discussion, prayer time before meetings suggests Christian themed prayers. I think this is needlessly limiting and perhaps a dozen different prayers representing a dozen different religions should be the norm. The intended purpose of the meetings might be marginalized by the extended prayer time but at least no one, or group of religions feels marginalized.

It should when one person is forcing another person to engage in public prayer.
No one is forcing you to pray. For that matter, no one is forcing you to be present, either. You are free not to pray; you are free to leave or come in later. No one is tying anyone's hands. On the other hand, those who do not wish prayer are attempting to tie the hands of others, restricting their freedom.

Which alternative best upholds freedom?

But if you want to force the Government to engage in public prayer, it becomes my business
Sounds more like some wanting the Government to eliminate prayer in public places instead of encouraging freedom of all religion in all places.

Again, which alternative best defines freedom: No prayer, all prayer.

But if you want to force the Government to engage in public prayer, it becomes my business
Sounds more like some wanting the Government to eliminate prayer in public places instead of encouraging freedom of all religion in all places.

Again, which alternative best defines freedom: No prayer, all prayer.

You are Free to pray anywhere you wish

You are not Free to force Government to conduct public prayer

Pray away
Just don’t force everyone at the meeting to pray with you
You are describing what is already occurring. People are praying at the meeting. No one is forcing anyone else to pray with them.

Hey Everybody

Lets all sit here in silence while Meriweather conducts a public prayer. Put your fingers in your ears if you don’t want to hear

One person finds something (other than prayer) meaningful. The second person does not.
You mean one person wishing to distract everyone due to their personal beliefs should make everyone else have to wait before going about the business of the public meeting? You mean having Sundays, religious holidays, and fucking taxpayer supported churches everywhere,.. just isn't enough? You have to fucking impose yourself upon everyone at secular, community business meetings as well. Oh you poor, poor, innocent flowers!

Last edited:
Hey Everybody

Lets all sit here in silence while Meriweather conducts a public prayer. Put your fingers in your ears if you don’t want to hear
This won't work because I am the one outside with a picket sign protesting big government and bureaucracies. Amen. Go in peace. And freedom.

I mean what has this country shed blood over? Freedom.

Therefore, whenever there is an issue before us, we stand for that which is less restrictive for the nation as a whole. It begins with Life.Liberty.Pursuit of happiness.

When it comes to prayer, which is less restrictive. Don't think of self. Think of nation.

^ The above post is an example of his intolerance of Christianity and his persecution of Christians.

Blues Man
^ The above post is an example of his intolerance of Christianity and his persecution of Christians.
Would a tolerant person tolerate the rape of a woman?
the persecutors were those that became christians, persecuting those who truly understood the liberation theology of the 1st century.

you have yet to address the uninterrupted history of christian terrorism against the innocent - to this day ... or you are one of those in particular and enjoy the notoriety.
1623092080090.png

tell all, what her crime was, christian.

The Christian Right is trying to rewrite the history of the United States, as part of their campaign to force their religion on others who ask merely to be left alone. According to this Orwellian revision, the Founding Fathers of this country were pious Christians who wanted the United States to be a Christian nation, with laws that favored Christians and Christianity.

Not true! The early presidents and patriots were generally Deists or Unitarians, believing in some form of impersonal Providence but rejecting the divinity of Jesus and the absurdities of the Old and New Testaments.

I think atheism's big lie is that people's lives are better without God in it.

I have never met an atheist in real life or on the internet that believes their life is better without God in it. Being an atheist sucks ass. I know from personal experience. I have been a convinced Christian and I have been a convinced atheist. Life was so much better as a Christian.

Meth addicts would also assert that being high on meth is better than being sober. Being happy isn’t everything. We don’t just need happy people. We need responsible people in life too.

Even the Bible teaches us that there is a way that seemeth right unto a man but in the end leadeth to destruction.

I think atheism's big lie is that people's lives are better without God in it.

I have never met an atheist in real life or on the internet that believes their life is better without God in it. Being an atheist sucks ass. I know from personal experience. I have been a convinced Christian and I have been a convinced atheist. Life was so much better as a Christian.

Meth addicts would also assert that being high on meth is better than being sober. Being happy isn’t everything. We don’t just need happy people. We need responsible people in life too.

Even the Bible teaches us that there is a way that seemeth right unto a man but in the end leadeth to destruction.
That doesn't make a lot of sense considering the main reason they don't believe in God is that they can't understand how a good God can make such a horrible world. So... logically there is no possible way that they could see having such a God in their lives would make their lives better.

I shouldn't even have to tell you this since you have made that exact same argument many times before.

Being happy isn’t everything. We don’t just need happy people. We need responsible people in life too.
Haven't you heard? Happiness leads to success.
Yes, like looking for reasons not to believe in God instead of reasons to believe in God.

I have been a convinced Christian
I have never been a convinced Christian
But having dealt with plenty
I can tell you anyhow
I'd rather see than be one

Seriously. I feel fortunate. Must be horrible going from religious conviction to none. Like breaking a meth addiction.

Forum List

Back