Atheism: See Spot Laugh

What does 'the gods' have to do with the Creator?
It is a common tactic of atheists, and it does not bother me. The clever 'gotcha' is that people of faith are atheists of all gods but one. I kind of like it because it is a good reminder of how little they actually know of our beliefs.
Yes, they know almost nothing of what we believe in and absolutely do not understand the concept of the Creator at all.

But that wont even slow them down from insisting that this thing they do not grasp is not true, lol.

Its kind of comical.
Yes, they know almost nothing of what we believe in and absolutely do not understand the concept of the Creator at all.

But that wont even slow them down from insisting that this thing they do not grasp is not true, lol.

Its kind of comical.

you people are a joke, your entire beliefs are derived from a single book written 4 centuries after the fact that has no relevance for the daily events of the time period it supposedly represents.

and most oddly nothing in written text for the closing scene beginning with the arrest of the main character, their trial or of any news after their crucifixion.

it took till the 4th century for the crucifiers to write their illicit christian bible.
Stop being silly.
Why do you suppose he is being silly?

Maybe that is just who he is?
Why do you suppose he is being silly?

Maybe that is just who he is?

explain jimbowie why the christian bible is written 4 centuries after the event using the full century to its last decade to write it and became the state church of the roman empire ... the "messiah" they put to death.

their interpretive messiah - at best.
But the earliest text was written a mere 25 years after the resurrection and we practice the same things the early Christians did. Early as in the time of Jesus.
But the earliest text was written a mere 25 years after the resurrection and we practice the same things the early Christians did. Early as in the time of Jesus.

repeating your error does not make it right - there is nothing in your bible that is verified by an original copy made at the time of its instance and nothing in your book that was not placed there in the 4th century.

the christian religion is everything the 1st century was not - their ability for an afterlife was for them to accomplish themselves in the 1st century not worship someone that was living at the time - the interpretative christian messiah is an entirely 4th century aberration to instill the political underpinnings of the christian religion. the true jesus was the resurgence of the religion of antiquity, triumph over evil, similarity of noah.
It’s all verified. They worshipped him after he performed miracles, suffered death and was risen.

Serious question ding. Do you recall what age you were when you first grasped that the material world began to exist and, therefore, that the eternal ground of existence was transcendent mind?

It is a common tactic of atheists, and it does not bother me. The clever 'gotcha' is that people of faith are atheists of all gods but one. I kind of like it because it is a good reminder of how little they actually know of our beliefs.

Its kind of comical.

Its kind of comical.

you people are a joke, your entire beliefs are derived from a single book written 4 centuries after the fact that has no relevance for the daily events of the time period it supposedly represents.

and most oddly nothing in written text for the closing scene beginning with the arrest of the main character, their trial or of any news after their crucifixion.

Citation?

Its kind of comical.

Its kind of comical.

Citation?
Citation?

where are those for your christian bible ... the messiah narrative. certainly not its recorded history through the centuries.

Do you recall what age you were when you first grasped that the material world began to exist and, therefore, that the eternal ground of existence was transcendent mind?
I know this was directed at ding, but I first realized the material world existed when the doctor held me upside down and slapped my butt.

I told him dont ever do that again, raisin face.

Do you recall what age you were when you first grasped that the material world began to exist and, therefore, that the eternal ground of existence was transcendent mind?
I know this was directed at ding, but I first realized the material world existed when the doctor held me upside down and slapped my butt.

I told him dont ever do that again, raisin face.

You too though and seriously this time. Do you recall what age you were when you first grasped that the material world began to exist and, therefore, that the eternal ground of existence was transcendent mind?

Its kind of comical.

Its kind of comical.

Citation?
Citation?

where are those for your christian bible ... the messiah narrative. certainly not its recorded history through the centuries.

Citation?

Do you recall what age you were when you first grasped that the material world began to exist
And some people reach enough maturity to grasp that it's possible the "material world" never had a beginning, nor is our observable universe necessarily all the "material world"
is, was, or will be.

Its kind of comical.

Its kind of comical.

Citation?
Citation?

Citation?
Citation?

Christianity in the 4th century was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire.

upload_2019-10-8_21-27-40.jpeg

what were their crimes ringtone - getting you kicked out of school was long overdue.

Do you recall what age you were when you first grasped that the material world began to exist and, ...

Seriously, the Universe coming out of nothing seemed reasonable, I just figured the Creator made an equal negative material world that all added up to zero, like an accountants books. It is a little more complex than that, I know, but I ran into this concept around the second grade when talking to my Dad about the genesis story.

therefore, that the eternal ground of existence was transcendent mind?

Is that the Tillich metaphor for the Creator? I read a little about him in college, but not a lot. Wasnt he in the Neo-Orthodox movement?

When I was 8 years old, in the 3rd grade I struggled with the phrase 'I am that I am', the name the Creator gave to Moses when Moses asked what the Creators Name was.

I was not thinking in philosophical terms, but I was mezmerized by this idea that unlike 'Thor the god of thunder', etc, Moses God was the God of Existence, self willed existence.

It didnt make a lot of sense that 1) a priest would try to 'sell' this new God with such a lame claim to fame, and 2) What the hell does it mean anyway?

To me it sounded like my Mom saying ''It is because it is, thats just the way it is.' I thought that was a non-answer to get me to leave her alone, and it probably was most of the time.

When my parents divorced I swore to never trust authority again, my parents, the government, preachers, cops, no one, I was so angry. But when I started reading about Christian apologetics in the 10th grade I let loose of my anger and open my mind again. When I studied the Infinite Regression Fallacy, the argument for God as the First Mover, it began to make more sense to me, but the idea of a purely transcendent God left me cold and still does.

Serious question ding. Do you recall what age you were when you first grasped that the material world began to exist and, therefore, that the eternal ground of existence was transcendent mind?
Probably in my early to mid 40’s.

Do you recall what age you were when you first grasped that the material world began to exist
And some people reach enough maturity to grasp that it's possible the "material world" never had a beginning, nor is our observable universe necessarily all the "material world"
is, was, or will be.
You know nothing of science if you believe that.

Its kind of comical.

Its kind of comical.

Citation?
Citation?

24,000 written manuscripts.

Google biblical manuscripts.

Now where is YOUR citation?

Last edited:
Do you recall what age you were when you first grasped that the material world began to exist and, ...

Seriously, the Universe coming out of nothing seemed reasonable, I just figured the Creator made an equal negative material world that all added up to zero, like an accountants books. It is a little more complex than that, I know, but I ran into this concept around the second grade when talking to my Dad about the genesis story.

therefore, that the eternal ground of existence was transcendent mind?

Is that the Tillich metaphor for the Creator? I read a little about him in college, but not a lot. Wasnt he in the Neo-Orthodox movement?

When I was 8 years old, in the 3rd grade I struggled with the phrase 'I am that I am', the name the Creator gave to Moses when Moses asked what the Creators Name was.

I was not thinking in philosophical terms, but I was mezmerized by this idea that unlike 'Thor the god of thunder', etc, Moses God was the God of Existence, self willed existence.

It didnt make a lot of sense that 1) a priest would try to 'sell' this new God with such a lame claim to fame, and 2) What the hell does it mean anyway?

To me it sounded like my Mom saying ''It is because it is, thats just the way it is.' I thought that was a non-answer to get me to leave her alone, and it probably was most of the time.

When my parents divorced I swore to never trust authority again, my parents, the government, preachers, cops, no one, I was so angry. But when I started reading about Christian apologetics in the 10th grade I let loose of my anger and open my mind again. When I studied the Infinite Regression Fallacy, the argument for God as the First Mover, it began to make more sense to me, but the idea of a purely transcendent God left me cold and still does.
Why would the idea of God existing apart from and not subject to the limitations of the material world leave you cold?

The painter can’t be the painting so to speak.

The Kalam has not 1, but SEVERAL refutations, and that you don't understand the implications of infinities doesn't make your assertions and misapprehensions true.

"The Kalam has not [one], but SEVERAL refutations," G.T. blurted and then went on to prattle something or another about how Spot didn't understand the implications of infinities.

"Yes, yes, go on," Spot encouraged as G.T. began to make a semblance of an argument.

"Do you think he'll actually go on to make an argument this time?" Dick wondered out loud.

Spot said, "I don't think so, Dick. I'm afraid he's spouting mindless slogans again."

"Is it possible that he thinks arguments are nothing more than bald assertions?" Jane wondered.

"You mean to say is he really that stupid?" Dick said.

"To think that slogans or bald claims are actual arguments?" Spot said, finishing the thought they were all thinking.

“To think that slogans or bald claims are actual arguments?"

Well, let’s examine that, Spot. Spot says “there are magical, supernatural creator gods, because I say so”

Now, Spot. A valid argument would suppose you support that argument.

Spot says, “I did support my argument, because I say so.”

Thanks, Spot. Resume your coma.

The Kalam has not 1, but SEVERAL refutations, and that you don't understand the implications of infinities doesn't make your assertions and misapprehensions true.

"The Kalam has not [one], but SEVERAL refutations," G.T. blurted and then went on to prattle something or another about how Spot didn't understand the implications of infinities.

"Yes, yes, go on," Spot encouraged as G.T. began to make a semblance of an argument.

"Do you think he'll actually go on to make an argument this time?" Dick wondered out loud.

Spot said, "I don't think so, Dick. I'm afraid he's spouting mindless slogans again."

"Is it possible that he thinks arguments are nothing more than bald assertions?" Jane wondered.

"To think that slogans or bald claims are actual arguments?" Spot said, finishing the thought they were all thinking.

Well, let’s examine that, Spot. Spot says “there are magical, supernatural creator gods, because I say so”

We only consider God to be supernatural because God exists outside of space and time and is supernatural to material beings inside of space and time.

I’m sure to God his existence is quite natural to him.

If you had ever seriously considered the origin question you would have discovered that the cause of existence could never have been something made of matter and energy and would have considered something beyond matter and energy as the source of existence. Something capable of creating matter and energy from nothing.

Why would the idea of God existing apart from and not subject to the limitations of the material world leave you cold?
The painter can’t be the painting so to speak.
Well several things:
1) It seems counter to the concept of God becoming Man in the Incarnation. If God is so apart from us as human beings, why would He care? Why would He take the form of a man and allow Himself to be crucified?
2) It seems counter to the nature of the Holy Ghost to be the 'animating spirit of life' in Creation in all multiverses where there is life. If God is 100% transcendent, then what the hell is the Holy Ghost supposed to be? A Holy Fart in the Cosmic wind?
3) The Father, the Being of the Trinity who exists completely outside the flow of time I think is totally transcendent, but I think the Logos is the interaction between the space/time dimension and the Father, and the Holy Ghost the emanation of animus/life/love between the Father and His Son and Creation. The idea of the entire Godhead being transcendent is completely counter to this concept.

If I remember correctly from an old book I read about Eastern Orthodoxy, they have a school of thought that borrowed from the Greek Emanationists, so I dont think my cosmology here is heretical though it seems somewhat counter to the Cosmology of the Roman Catholic Church.

Last edited:

We only consider God to be supernatural because God exists outside of space and time and is supernatural to material beings inside of space and time.

If you had ever seriously considered the origin question you would have discovered that the cause of existence could never have been something made of matter and energy and would have considered something beyond matter and energy as the source of existence. Something capable of creating matter and energy from nothing.

If God is 100% outside the flow of time/space He could not ACT as that requires the flow of time/space.

This is where I see the Logos coming in, as the interface between an eternal Father who is outside of Time flow, and the Creation which is entirely within it.

"Through Him (the Logos) All things were made" makes complete sense in this view of the Trinity.

Last edited:

If God is 100% outside the flow of time/space He could not ACT as that requires the flow of time/space.

This is where I see the Logos coming in, as the interface between an eternal Father who is outside of Time flow, and the Creation which is entirely within it.

Your first sentence also makes sense if you substitute "The Easter Bunny" for "God".

Your second sentence also makes sense if you append, " because I say so", to close the sentence.

Not surprisingly, your claims to your gods are in conflict with the claims of others alleging different gods.

Do caliber of weapons and rate of fire determine which gods are the true gods?

Forum List

Back