Armed vet destroys gun nuts’ argument by explaining why he didn’t attack Oregon killer

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Armed vet destroys gun nuts’ argument on mass shooters by explaining why he didn’t attack Oregon killer

A veteran who says he was carrying a concealed weapon on the UCC campus Thursday when 26-year-old Christopher Harper Mercer went on a murderous rampage, says he didn’t intervene because he knew police SWAT team members wouldn’t know him from the shooter.

In an interview with MSNBC, vet John Parker said he knows lots of students who conceal carry at the school because, despite a school policy that discourages weapons on campus, Oregon state law does allow it.

Saying he does conceal carry in case “I’m in close proximity” to an incident where he might try to save some lives, Parker admitted he’s not the type who believes that “there’s always somebody out there behind your back ready to do something like this.”

Ruins the whole "gun free zone" malarkey doesnt it

Last edited:
In other words, he acted like a pussy and decided to let innocent people die in order to save himself. What a fucking prick.

In other words, he acted like a pussy and decided to let innocent people die in order to save himself. What a fucking prick.

FTA:
“Luckily we made the choice not to get involved,” he explained. “We were quite a distance away from the building where this was happening. And we could have opened ourselves up to be potential targets ourselves, and not knowing where SWAT was, their response time, they wouldn’t know who we were. And if we had our guns ready to shoot, they could think that we were bad guys.”

Parker noted that he was hustled into a classroom with other students by a professor who asked if anyone was armed. He said he raised his hand and said he would attempt to protect his fellow students if they came under attack.

He did just what he should have done. Had someone closer, or in the classroom that was attacked been armed, they possibly could have saved lives.

The moral of the story is, get your CCW so you can protect your classmates instead of wait to be a victim.

Sounds like a pouge ass libtard shitbag that got "PTSD" because he heard a loud noise while doing administrative work in Kuwait.

Yeah....you know all about how brave you would have been, eh?

FTA:
“Luckily we made the choice not to get involved,” he explained. “We were quite a distance away from the building where this was happening. And we could have opened ourselves up to be potential targets ourselves, and not knowing where SWAT was, their response time, they wouldn’t know who we were. And if we had our guns ready to shoot, they could think that we were bad guys.”

Parker noted that he was hustled into a classroom with other students by a professor who asked if anyone was armed. He said he raised his hand and said he would attempt to protect his fellow students if they came under attack.
Per the OP, as always you have no clue about his statement. funny, your reading and listening skills are fairly weak dude. I'm sure he would have taken his chances with the bad guy, he was worried about friendly fire. he has experience you see. but again, you are clueless.

Do you need a definition of friendly fire here? Can you say SWAT?

Armed vet destroys gun nuts’ argument on mass shooters by explaining why he didn’t attack Oregon killer

A veteran who says he was carrying a concealed weapon on the UCC campus Thursday when 26-year-old Christopher Harper Mercer went on a murderous rampage, says he didn’t intervene because he knew police SWAT team members wouldn’t know him from the shooter.

In an interview with MSNBC, vet John Parker said he knows lots of students who conceal carry at the school because, despite a school policy that discourages weapons on campus, Oregon state law does allow it.

Saying he does conceal carry in case “I’m in close proximity” to an incident where he might try to save some lives, Parker admitted he’s not the type who believes that “there’s always somebody out there behind your back ready to do something like this.”

All you just did there was show your complete inability to understand or respect any argument that you do not agree with.

That is the definition of a closed mind.

You obviously have no clue what the pro-gun argument even is, despite pro-gun people screaming it at you for years.

FTA:

Per the OP, as always you have no clue about his statement. funny, your reading and listening skills are fairly weak dude. I'm sure he would have taken his chances with the bad guy, he was worried about friendly fire. he has experience you see. but again, you are clueless.

So tell me why the video of him speaking is wrong then.

All you just did there was show your complete inability to understand or respect any argument that you do not agree with.

You obviously have no clue what the pro-gun argument even is, despite pro-gun people screaming it at you for years.

Seems like a lot of that "you have no idea" going around and even more "but I cant explain why I disagree with you" is contagious

yoda-senses-internet-tough-guy.jpg

Seems like a lot of that "you have no idea" going around and even more "but I cant explain why I disagree with you" is contagious

Oh, I can easily explain it.

BUt you just demonstrated that understanding my words is beyond you.

If the legions of pro-gun voices on this site have not been able to pound their message into your dense skull over the last several years, I am not arrogant enough to think I can do it in the next 5 minutes.

CC, you're a giant douchebag.

As a civilian carrier, I would not just go rushing in to be a hero because I didn't see the circumstances develop. The dude is right, responding uniformed officers may have mistaken him for the aggressor. He could have mistaken a fellow CC'er who neutralized the aggressor for the aggressor. Citizens who CC have to be calm, rational and responsible. You carry to defend yourself and people in your immediate area. You're not a uniformed first responder.

So this story reinforces the idea that CHL holders are responsible. He did not insert himself into a situation where he may have created more danger. He stood his ground, and had that anti-religious shit bag entered the room and this guy put him down you'd still find a fault with him because you're a mindless agitprop drone.

Oh, I can easily explain it.

BUt ..

:rofl: I knew it! Look at him!

Sounds like a pouge ass libtard shitbag that got "PTSD" because he heard a loud noise while doing administrative work in Kuwait.

Yeah....you know all about how brave you would have been, eh?

I ignore bed wetters, so I commented before I read the OP. I changed the post afterwards.

I have a mind that can be changed, you're a mindless bed wetter.

CC, you're a giant douchebag.

As a civilian carrier, I would not just go rushing in to be a hero because I didn't see the circumstances develop. The dude is right, responding uniformed officers may have mistaken him for the aggressor. He could have mistaken a fellow CC'er who neutralized the aggressor for the aggressor. Citizens who CC have to be calm, rational and responsible. You carry to defend yourself and people in your immediate area. You're not a uniformed first responder.

So this story reinforces the idea that CHL holders are responsible. He did not insert himself into a situation where he may have created more danger. He stood his ground, and had that anti-religious shit bag entered the room and this guy put him down you'd still find a fault with him because you're a mindless agitprop drone.

So wait, I'm a douche for posting a story that shows there is no gun free zone and you complain that I didnt say CC are responsible guys?

Uhhhhhhh

FTA:

So tell me why the video of him speaking is wrong then.
it isn't. So?

Forum List

Back