Are these the last days?

There's better correlation with 3rd Century Rome than today ... especially if we drag Daniel into this ...

And also in the first century CE leading up to about 1 million killed in 68-70 CE with the Roman siege of Jerusalem.

But never before in the history of our planet has man actually been physically ruining the earth! (Rev.11:18). And on the brighter side - never before has Matthew 24:14 been fulfilled!

Doesn't it make sense that our Creator will act soon to save the beautiful and amazing planet he created?

In OP, I mixed up Greta Gerwig with Greta Thunberg as per this video:

I think it is appropriate to post about what Greta Thunberg has called attention to.

The transcript of her speech which made me cry is here:

I do not know which excerpt to quote - just quoting an excerpt has to be out of context - I think in this case reading the entire transcript (or hearing the actual speech) in its entirety would be better - so I invite you all to do so.

To get the full impact, see and hear the actual speech here:

Last edited:
But never before in the history of our planet has man actually been physically ruining the earth! (Rev.11:18). And on the brighter side - never before has Matthew 24:14 been fulfilled!

Doesn't it make sense that our Creator will act soon to save the beautiful and amazing planet he created?

You must be speaking for yourself ... I don't know why your life is being ruined ... or why you have the opinion that we're "ruining" the Earth ... it's a creation of God, we can only pervert it, never destroy ...

The Anti-Christ was loosed upon the world around 250 AD, so the last 1,800 years of history was written by Satan ... of course it reads rosie and blissful ... why wouldn't the four horsemen speak of the good and positive works they do here? ... I understand that the Temple to the Golden Calf there in Rome is spectacularly beautiful, everything about The Vatican speaks of wealth, power, majesty ... how else would the Anti-Christ honor the Man who threw the money-changers out of His temple ... the Creator already acted by sacrificing His only begotten son, yet we still ignore Him ...

Take some time and watch some TV ... looks like Armageddon to me ...

Dadgummit, I didn't want to be around for all that, but um..it looks like the 7 years of famine predicted in the bible is upon us.

What's ironic is that it was non-religious leftists that made double-sure the biblical predictions are coming true now.

The 7 years of famine in the Bible was in ancient Egypt - and Joseph had them stockpile foods in advance to prepare for that ancient famine which effected far more than Egypt. Stockpiling foods to give to the people is amazing science and technology - far superior to modern science and technology.

Sorry - I was being sarcastic.

I'm sure the leftists are not right. Much more important is how much medicine and food is left. What's happening is just not right. (puns intended)

What is amazing to me, which we knew all along btw, is that modern science and technology would not have stopped the 1918 Flu epidemic which killed 20 million people. Perhaps unknowingly, many millions of lives were saved by applying this ancient Proverb:

Proverbs 22:3
The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself,
But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences.*

The danger has not passed btw- it is still wise to shelter in place. Modern science and technology has confirmed this - but many are not listening to medical scientists. We are listening btw - we still have cancelled our meetings and door to door ministry out of love.
iu

That "Sheltering in place' will bring on the 7 years of famine. Hold onto your butt, because here it comes.

Re
Dadgummit, I didn't want to be around for all that, but um..it looks like the 7 years of famine predicted in the bible is upon us.

What's ironic is that it was non-religious leftists that made double-sure the biblical predictions are coming true now.

The 7 years of famine in the Bible was in ancient Egypt - and Joseph had them stockpile foods in advance to prepare for that ancient famine which effected far more than Egypt. Stockpiling foods to give to the people is amazing science and technology - far superior to modern science and technology.

Sorry - I was being sarcastic.

I'm sure the leftists are not right. Much more important is how much medicine and food is left. What's happening is just not right. (puns intended)

What is amazing to me, which we knew all along btw, is that modern science and technology would not have stopped the 1918 Flu epidemic which killed 20 million people. Perhaps unknowingly, many millions of lives were saved by applying this ancient Proverb:

Proverbs 22:3
The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself,
But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences.*

The danger has not passed btw- it is still wise to shelter in place. Modern science and technology has confirmed this - but many are not listening to medical scientists. We are listening btw - we still have cancelled our meetings and door to door ministry out of love.
iu

That "Sheltering in place' will bring on the 7 years of famine. Hold onto your butt, because here it comes.

Revelation 18:4 is certainly true - but do you know what Babylon the great is

You must be speaking for yourself ... I don't know why your life is being ruined ... or why you have the opinion that we're "ruining" the Earth ... it's a creation of God, we can only pervert it, never destroy ...

The Anti-Christ was loosed upon the world around 250 AD, so the last 1,800 years of history was written by Satan ... of course it reads rosie and blissful ... why wouldn't the four horsemen speak of the good and positive works they do here? ... I understand that the Temple to the Golden Calf there in Rome is spectacularly beautiful, everything about The Vatican speaks of wealth, power, majesty ... how else would the Anti-Christ honor the Man who threw the money-changers out of His temple ... the Creator already acted by sacrificing His only begotten son, yet we still ignore Him ...

Take some time and watch some TV ... looks like Armageddon to me ...

My life, and that of my brothers and sisters, is not ruined. But do you agree with what Greta Thunberg said as I posted above?

OH, and I am going to take a break and watch some TV! I will check out the breaking news, I like to keep informed. However, a little entertainment is good as well.

Btw - I do recommend the movie remake of "The Day the Earth stood still." Were they correct that earth is nearing the tipping point?

My life, and that of my brothers and sisters, is not ruined. But do you agree with what Greta Thunberg said as I posted above?

Greta Thunberg's assessment the situation violates the laws of thermodynamics ... I'm pleased that 17-year-old little girls still believe in magic ... but if you have the math to back up her claims, I'd love to see it ...

OH, and I am going to take a break and watch some TV! I will check out the breaking news, I like to keep informed. However, a little entertainment is good as well.

Btw - I do recommend the movie remake of "The Day the Earth stood still." Were they correct that earth is nearing the tipping point?

I've never heard of a remake ... I am familiar with the first ... we're generally moving away from that tipping point ... I think today we're safer from global nuclear annihilation than when I was growing up ... I was within the blast zone of at least 100 megatons worth of military targets ... I cried when the Berlin Wall came down knowing my own children would never experience such a threat ...

Every generation proclaims "the end is nigh" ... to date, only John the Baptist has been right ...

Greta Thunberg's assessment the situation violates the laws of thermodynamics ... I'm pleased that 17-year-old little girls still believe in magic ... but if you have the math to back up her claims, I'd love to see it ...

I've never heard of a remake ... I am familiar with the first ... we're generally moving away from that tipping point ... I think today we're safer from global nuclear annihilation than when I was growing up ... I was within the blast zone of at least 100 megatons worth of military targets ... I cried when the Berlin Wall came down knowing my own children would never experience such a threat ...

Every generation proclaims "the end is nigh" ... to date, only John the Baptist has been right ...

Excerpt:

"A group of researchers, led by Tim Lenton at Exeter University, England, first warned in a landmark paper 11 years ago about the risk of climate tipping points. Back then, they thought the dangers would only arise when global warming exceeded 5 degrees Celsius (9 degrees Fahrenheit) above pre-industrial levels. But last week, Lenton and six co-authors argued in the journal Nature that the risks are now much more likely and much more imminent. Some tipping points, they said, may already have been breached at the current 1 degree C of warming.

The new warning is much starker than the forecasts of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which critics say has until now played down the risks of exceeding climate tipping points, in part because they are difficult to quantify.

The potential tipping points come in three forms: runaway loss of ice sheets that accelerate sea level rise; forests and other natural carbon stores such as permafrost releasing those stores into the atmosphere as carbon dioxide (CO2), accelerating warming; and the disabling of the ocean circulation system.""

So, why do you think we are moving away from which tipping point?

Perhaps because of the increase in wildfires which add CO2 to the atmosphere as well as removing denser forests which remove CO2 from the atmosphere?

Greta Thunberg pointed to ICC estimates - note the above paper indicates ICC was understating the danger.

You all - Why do think that the arctic permafrost is melting after staying frozen for thousands of years?

The potential tipping points come in three forms: runaway loss of ice sheets that accelerate sea level rise; forests and other natural carbon stores such as permafrost releasing those stores into the atmosphere as carbon dioxide (CO2), accelerating warming; and the disabling of the ocean circulation system.

What a load of horse manure ... I tire of explaining these kinds of foolishness ... I begged you to weigh your claims against the laws of nature ... you didn't because you've violated them ...

runaway loss of ice sheets that accelerate sea level rise

A clear violation of conservation of energy, our most basic natural law ... it takes an enormous amount of energy to melt 1 gram of ice compared to raising the temperature of 1 gram of water 2ºC ... 500 joules vs. 8 joules ... whatever energy we use to melt ice can therefore not be used to raise temperature ... simple conservation ... as a kitchen counter demonstration, take 500 grams of liquid water (about a pint) at it's boiling point (100ºC) and add 500 grams of ice at it's freezing point (0ºC) ... the ice melts, the water cools ... alas, the water will drop down to the freezing point before all the ice melts and we end up with 900 grams of liquid water with 100 grams of ice floating in it with everything at 0ºC ... strange but true, try it yourself today ... it takes more energy to melt ice than to bring this melt water to it's boiling point ...

forests and other natural carbon stores such as permafrost releasing those stores into the atmosphere as carbon dioxide

This is all carbon dioxide drawn out of the atmosphere at first, then released back when it burns ... there's no net change in carbon dioxide ... and all this is part of the 280 ppm of "natural" carbon dioxide ... the additional 135 ppm of "man-made" carbon dioxide comes from burning fossil fuels ... carbon absorbed out the atmosphere 300 million years ago in the case of the typical coal bed ...

... accelerating warming

Temperature is proportional to the logarithm of CO2 concentration ... the inverse of acceleration ... your math completely fails here with this claim ...

and the disabling of the ocean circulation system

Haw haw haw haw haw haw haw ... what forces are you relying on here to change water's momentum this much? ... ocean circulation is driven by the wind, what manner of insanity tells you the winds are all going to died with a 2ºC temperature increase over 100 years? ... we've accounted for all the natural forces at play, you'll need some new and magical force to to disable the ocean's circulation system ...

=====

The good news is that if any of the above comes true ... then the laws of thermodynamics will have failed ... thus perpetual motion will become a reality and our energy worries are over ... just burn gas to get our cars to 60 mph and turn the engine off, we'll stay at 60 mph for as long as we want without burning any more gas ...

You all - Why do think that the arctic permafrost is melting after staying frozen for thousands of years?

It was all melted 10,000 years ago and has since re-frozen ... previous inter-glaciations were even warmer than this one ... look at the ice core data ... temperatures today aren't anywhere close to as high as they can go under strictly natural conditions ... go back 100 million years and we find tropical conditions pole to pole ...

Forum List

Back