Are people as a rule predisposed to liking the Democratic Party more?

It's nothing to do with "liking" a party more. It's the policies. No true American believes in "let him die" and "feed the poor and they will breed".

Yet another demonstration of how, if the Left could not communicate through straw reasoning, they would cease to exist.
Those are actual quotes though.
"Let them die":
"Don't feed the poor; they'll breed":

You're a regular walking talking DNC tool/parrot/SLAVE. don't you feel stupid?

people as a rule, are predisposed to liking the stupidity of the Republicans LESS than they like Democrats.

I would preface this by stressing that I'm not a member of either party, I'm pretty much against both parties at least as much as I'm for them, and this is going to be somewhat silly. I won't actually do that because I realize that it doesn't really matter if I say it or not. The partisan hacks aren't going to be convinced and the tiny minority of non-extremists don't need to be. Anyway, so on to the story...

Here I was minding my own business reading an unrelated forum when I noticed somebody's signature, which said something about "voting issue: free cookies". My mind started wandering and asked itself why this isn't a thing. It'd be awesome if there were a party that offered to bribe me with free cookies. Then I remembered that we live under a two party system and so it would have to be either the Democrats or the Republicans doing it. I thought of what that would be like. The image of some young Democrat volunteers giving out cookies at the polls brought to mind images of Jon Steward cracking good natured jokes about it and my peers finding it amusing and endearing. The image of some young Republican kids doing the same brought to mind images of Bill Maher making episodes primarily about sneering about such a dishonest and transparently shallow tactic and my peers finding it still amusing but... less than impressive... I can honestly see people being swayed by the joke if Democrats handed out warm chocolate chip to everyone turning up to vote every bit as much as I can see those same people turned off by the cynical ploy of Republicans trying to pull something like that.

I know my mind likes going in weird places, and I'm not exactly average for my age and socioeconomic class, but I just feel like there might be something deeper here. Is it just me? Are the Democrats really that good at making themselves relatable? Or did the GOP make itself look that terrible by comparison? Maybe people just naturally like the left better and that's the way the cookie crumbles... :eusa_think:

I'd think it's less about the Democrat platform as it's the Republicans usually discriminating or hating so people gravitate to whoever isn't that.

Yeah....that's it. *rolls eyes*

It's one thing to question your beliefs. Quite another to hate everything about you.

Look at your leaders.

1. Nancy Pelosi - Catholic
  2. Harry Reid - Mormon
  3. Barack Obama - Closet Muslim

If these people were being honest they wouldn't give you the time of day, and most likely would tell you you were going to Hell. But because they're lying politicians they tell you they like you. Nancy Pelosi was described as such a friendly wonderful person by one liberal here. Obama is so wonderful that his farts smell like Sandalwood. But the fact is they're nice to you because they want to fuck you. They want to take advantage of you. Once they don't need your vote they'll drop you like a bad habit.

Case in point right there. GOP hate. When people see this, even if GOP themselves they distance themselves and will go for the other guy.

So you would rather I lie to you?

A person that lies to you doesn't respect you.

Remember that.

Being for social change, being for the 'Robin Hood' feed the poor tactics. Those are all qualities of a typical fictional protagonist.

Stories' protagonists are often like this. It's a romanticized view of the world (whether it's wrong or right is not what I'm commenting on).

Republicans, being more for an unbridled capitalism and conservative 'stay the course' policies, come off as representing the 'status quo' that the protagonist wants to leave behind.

I think, on a subconscious level, it's as simple as that.

Being for social change, being for the 'Robin Hood' feed the poor tactics. Those are all qualities of a typical fictional protagonist.

Stories' protagonists are often like this. It's a romanticized view of the world (whether it's wrong or right is not what I'm commenting on).

Republicans, being more for an unbridled capitalism and conservative 'stay the course' policies, come off as representing the 'status quo' that the protagonist wants to leave behind.

I think, on a subconscious level, it's as simple as that.

social change. the last thing I want or need is the Democrat/liberal version of social change...because for that you WANT TO FORCE IT on people, through lies, manipulation and guilt. .

screw your social change...change yourselves if you have the need and then shoot all your high horses

Last edited:
social change. the last thing I want or need is the Democrat/liberal version of social change...because for that you WANT TO FORCE IT on people, through lies, manipulation and guilt. .

screw your social change...change yourselves if you have the need and then shoot all your high horses

.....Uhhh..

(whether it's wrong or right is not what I'm commenting on)

o_O

That must be embarrassing.

.....Uhhh..

o_O

Actually, no. Stephanie does not get embarrassed by her stupidity or her mindless rage. She just doubles down. Like a drunk too drunk to know she's drunk.

.....Uhhh..

o_O

Next time don't "assume" you know what all Republican/conservative is all about and want. so you should be the one embarrassed. :eusa_naughty:

Steph, next time just take your time and try to think things through.

Steph, next time just take your time and try to think things through.

I just get fed up with with the comparisons making dem/libs look like they are saintly one in this country and those Republican/conservatives are stuck in mud stupid, mean, backwards people:beer:

It's nothing to do with "liking" a party more. It's the policies. No true American believes in "let him die" and "feed the poor and they will breed".

The left damn sure believes in giving more to the poor when they have yet another child while unable to afford the ones they currently have. While I don't support a child having nothing to do with coming into the world going without, I don't have a problem with the adults that continue to bring more in the world while being unable to afford the ones they already have going without. It might help them thing with their brain instead of their reproductive organs if there are consequences on them for doing things that costs the rest of us.
GOP talking points. Just bullshit. Most welfare goes to whites.
Bush and the GOP helped send millions of jobs to China and then complain that Americans won't get a job, the fuckers. Many poor have two minimum wage jobs because they can't afford getting an education with Republicans also block. The GOP helps no one but corporations. Because they are a dirty party. They blame the poor for being poor when many of the reasons the poor are poor is because of GOP policies.

Not as a proportion to their population in society.

Interesting that you say the Republicans block people from getting and education. What you really mean is that the Republicans don't support taxing one person to pay for another person's college nor should they. It's not my place to pay for college for another person or their kid. MY kids come first.

Many of the reasons people are poor has nothing to do with either party. Many people are poor because they made choices in life that caused that result. Someone that quits high school and can't get a job supporting themselves is the cause of their poverty not the GOP you want to likely blame for them quitting.

The left damn sure believes in giving more to the poor when they have yet another child while unable to afford the ones they currently have. While I don't support a child having nothing to do with coming into the world going without, I don't have a problem with the adults that continue to bring more in the world while being unable to afford the ones they already have going without. It might help them thing with their brain instead of their reproductive organs if there are consequences on them for doing things that costs the rest of us.
GOP talking points. Just bullshit. Most welfare goes to whites.
Bush and the GOP helped send millions of jobs to China and then complain that Americans won't get a job, the fuckers. Many poor have two minimum wage jobs because they can't afford getting an education with Republicans also block. The GOP helps no one but corporations. Because they are a dirty party. They blame the poor for being poor when many of the reasons the poor are poor is because of GOP policies.

Not as a proportion to their population in society.

Interesting that you say the Republicans block people from getting and education. What you really mean is that the Republicans don't support taxing one person to pay for another person's college nor should they. It's not my place to pay for college for another person or their kid. MY kids come first.

Many of the reasons people are poor has nothing to do with either party. Many people are poor because they made choices in life that caused that result. Someone that quits high school and can't get a job supporting themselves is the cause of their poverty not the GOP you want to likely blame for them quitting.

if they didn't have DNC talking points they have nothing to offer. ever. They can't think common sense.

I think that your heart leans left...and when you're faced with two political parties who are quite clearly pretty much the same, you revert to your instincts.

The Democrats have a lot of reasons to like them; they are "for" something. Democrats think having more insured people is better than having fewer insured people.

The Republicans are hell bent on stopping everything in it's tracks with the notable exception of a pipeline that will help Canada export more oil and building a fence on the southern border that will help keep people out (another thing they are against....people coming over here to do menial tasks).

But I chose to respond to this post because of the reason I, personally, identify with the Democratic Party more than the GOP....I am neither a Democrat or Republican.

I would preface this by stressing that I'm not a member of either party, I'm pretty much against both parties at least as much as I'm for them, and this is going to be somewhat silly. I won't actually do that because I realize that it doesn't really matter if I say it or not. The partisan hacks aren't going to be convinced and the tiny minority of non-extremists don't need to be. Anyway, so on to the story...

Here I was minding my own business reading an unrelated forum when I noticed somebody's signature, which said something about "voting issue: free cookies". My mind started wandering and asked itself why this isn't a thing. It'd be awesome if there were a party that offered to bribe me with free cookies. Then I remembered that we live under a two party system and so it would have to be either the Democrats or the Republicans doing it. I thought of what that would be like. The image of some young Democrat volunteers giving out cookies at the polls brought to mind images of Jon Steward cracking good natured jokes about it and my peers finding it amusing and endearing. The image of some young Republican kids doing the same brought to mind images of Bill Maher making episodes primarily about sneering about such a dishonest and transparently shallow tactic and my peers finding it still amusing but... less than impressive... I can honestly see people being swayed by the joke if Democrats handed out warm chocolate chip to everyone turning up to vote every bit as much as I can see those same people turned off by the cynical ploy of Republicans trying to pull something like that.

I know my mind likes going in weird places, and I'm not exactly average for my age and socioeconomic class, but I just feel like there might be something deeper here. Is it just me? Are the Democrats really that good at making themselves relatable? Or did the GOP make itself look that terrible by comparison? Maybe people just naturally like the left better and that's the way the cookie crumbles... :eusa_think:

Democrats control our schools and most of our media.

The thoughts you have on this subject are taught to us through constant reinforcement.

Until that changes it will always be more popular to be a Democrat.

Frankly, everything Mudwhistle said is the opposite of the truth.

First the Media. The big 3 networks are owned by Comcast, Viacom, and Disney if I am not mistaken. They are no more liberal than Monsanto, Alcoa Aluminum or Fisher Price. Their bottom line is to make money. Cable television is dominated by Comcast, Time Warner, and the satellite companies. The routes to the owners of these entities is less clear but rest assured, there are no NPR types in those board rooms. It's all about money. This is why they hire attractive persons to report the news...so people will watch. Ratings=money=profit. It's absolutely a lie that liberals control the media.

One of the reasons that idiots like Mudwhistle think that is because the GOP has a dogma of extremism. It was pretty much crystalized under Bush43 when he said you're with us or against us. He was speaking of terrorists but that is pretty much the case....you've seen that in the Indiana bru-ha-ha this past week with the idiotic intolerance of people who prefer not to bake a cake for someone who may have sex with a member of their same sex.... If you're watching this from Mars...you're laughing your ass off at the baker who swears they are being persecuted by baking a cake.

Anyway, when a middle-of-the-road report comes along that is not 100% in the pocket of either side, liberals tend to look at it as being objective. Conservatives tend to look at it as slanted. You'll note that not one major media outlet stood in opposition to Bush's rush to war that costs us thousands of lives....where was this "liberal media" then?

What is more silly is the contesting that liberals run schools. That is total bullshit.

There are something like 30 GOP governors to 20 DEM governors. They will appoint to their boards of education, political folks who think like they do...right? So how is it seriously contemplated that the State boards of education are over-run with liberals? They are not. Local districts are as red or blue as their counties are. There are much more red counties than blue counties....are voters in those places just voting liberals to their district posts and conservatives everywhere else? Of course not.

LOL! Rand Paul said that an individual is responsible for their choices... you want to say that because a person makes a choice which results in their demise, that 'The People' are responsible for their choice.
I didn't actually say that, but sure. The government is responsible for ensuring the general welfare. I do think that preventing its poorer citizens from starving to death while you walk by them and stuff your face with a double cheeseburger could qualify.

You feel that such is harsh and extreme. When it is merely REALITY, which sadly for your point of view, overcomes wishing that reality were less 'real'.
You know what was harsh and extreme? Knowing as a seven year old child that we would starve to death without food stamps. Been there, done that, can't support it when the Republicans call it economic natural selection.

Forum List

Back