Are "NDE's" real or imagined?

Its about the neurological process. Stop trying to find things that arent there...
Again, im not an atheist. I just dont believe in your god. It isnt a binary subject.
Also, you are a person that should probably avoid the phrase "close minded"... JS
Just my opinion.

I have also read that the hallucinations one experiences depend on the persons thought process. IE religion.
How do people know they are dreaming, hallucinating, having a near death experience, or that something real is happening? Or do they?

Still parts of your web pages are available amazing…. Still a lot of mistaken ideas about an afterlife too bad such poor teachings and ideas are still around…
I would have fixed that, if I could have still gotten into these host sites to manage and edit the broken links. I still have most web sites saved and I know I could rewrite them better without the rush job I did on them. The hosts of my email accts to retrieve access and passwords to these sites are far gone a long time ago.
I would like to at least fix the links to the volunteer and community helpful active sites.

What I'm referring to is the experience of temporarily "dying" and then meeting God, passed loves ones, having heavenly or hellish experiences, etc.

A LOT of people have claimed to have had them. If you search YouTube, for instance, you'll come across seemingly countless testimonies by people who have claimed to have had such an experience. There are groups on Facebook dedicated to the phenomena as well.

I was acquainted with two different people that claimed to have had one. Both of their accounts seemed believable to me. Of course, one who KNOWS that there is no such thing as "God" or of "life after death" or Heaven won't accept any such claims.

While I've never had an NDE, I did have a supernatural experience with my wife. If she hadn't been there and confirmed to me what had happened, I might not have believed it myself.

For many reasons, I believe that some NDE's are legitimate. I don't necessarily believe every person who has claimed to have had one. I've seen so-called preachers on YouTube who have claimed to have many NDE's wherein they spoke to God, etc. Yea, religion has its share of scam artists just like every other industry.

I believe that people that fundamentally reject the concept of an NDE are simply unwilling to acknowledge that God is real and so is the afterlife. 2 Corinthians 4:4 explains that many have been "blinded" by Satan and his demons and are unable to see the evidence of God's existence. Many non-believers are, in my opinion, under demonic influence and that is why they are compelled to attack Christianity and its adherents. No, they don't believe in demons, but they exist and they whisper into the ears of the unbelievers and they do the bidding of those demons. Yes, that is my heartfelt belief.

I was dead for a period of time at the age of six, and don’t remember anything but many people have claimed they have seen things when they were passing, so who am I to say it was not real to them?

I do know I told the aunt that raised me send me a message from the other side before she passed and a few months later late at night I got a called from a woman telling me it was not what she thought it would be and she was being tormented, and all I said is wish you luck…

Was it her?

Who knows but if it was then I know where she is at but if it was a crank call then that poor woman was in hell…

So who truly knows but to mock anyone is simply wrong and I believe they believe it was real…

I would have fixed that, if I could have still gotten into these host sites to manage and edit the broken links. I still have most web sites saved and I know I could rewrite them better without the rush job I did on them. The hosts of my email accts to retrieve access and passwords to these sites are far gone a long time ago.
I would like to at least fix the links to the volunteer and community helpful active sites.
You fixed them once before but it was many years ago…A lot of the old web sites with really good information are buried with fluff and it is very hard to find them as you have to sift through a lot of misdirection to get there . I agree though the links to volunteer and community helpful sites are a must as is your medical helpful hints that you did years ago as they are still purtenant to today ..

21 Who knows that the spirit of the children of men is that which ascends on high and the spirit of the beast is that which descends below to the earth?

כאמִ֣י יוֹדֵ֗עַ ר֚וּחַ בְּנֵ֣י הָֽאָדָ֔ם הָֽעֹלָ֥ה הִ֖יא לְמָ֑עְלָה וְר֨וּחַ֙ הַבְּהֵמָ֔ה הַיֹּרֶ֥דֶת הִ֖יא לְמַ֥טָּה לָאָֽרֶץ:

So deep, man. lol
I dont have a clue
Exactly. Most of us who have had such experiences can pinpoint exactly which of those were happening, just as we can differentiate between dreaming, day dreaming, and being awake. Hallucinations are different from NDE which are different from dreaming which are different from etc. etc.

Exactly. Most of us who have had such experiences can pinpoint exactly which of those were happening, just as we can differentiate between dreaming, day dreaming, and being awake. Hallucinations are different from NDE which are different from dreaming which are different from etc. etc.
IDK man. My link makes an excellent case.

IDK man. My link makes an excellent case.
Certainly. Science is far from stupid, but it still can't explain some of the anomalies. When we have gotten past "GodDidIt" for what we could not explain, the last trap we need to fall into is "BrainChemistryDidIt". I think someone has already mentioned the neurologist who had a Near Death Experience--and he explains these anomalies better than I can.

Well, the term 'neurotheologians' is a new one for me, but this has been discussed even on atheist sites, ones that aren't run by a Dawkins cult or a bunch of angry faggots anyway. This article is about 'semi-genetic' links, there are lots of more positive articles out there. I think it is immediately obvious from the historical record humans are definitely religious, and it serves a definite natural purpose; sociopaths and deviants of course would be defective in this regard.

Forum List

Back