AP: "Coal production soaring in India, China and US"

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
JUNE 26, 2017
Future coal production depends on resources and technology, not just policy choices
main.png

Future coal production depends on resources and technology, not just policy choices - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Given the advances in grid scale battery technology, and the continuing decline in prices for wind and solar, I think that the lower line is actually a best case estimate for the future of coal in the US.

JUNE 26, 2017
Future coal production depends on resources and technology, not just policy choices
main.png

Future coal production depends on resources and technology, not just policy choices - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Given the advances in grid scale battery technology, and the continuing decline in prices for wind and solar, I think that the lower line is actually a best case estimate for the future of coal in the US.

Everybody knows that........but India and China will be producing coal at phenomenal rates for decades.....50% increase for China by 2050. ( well documented in these pages ). So where in the name of BahBah Booey does it make any sense to implement carbon taxes on every coal plant thus increasing customer electric bills by 100% :ack-1:( not my words........Barak Obama's words ) while China goes with cheap energy? One would have to say, "Well that's pretty dumb!".:deal:

JUNE 26, 2017
main.png

Everybody knows that........but India and China will be producing coal at phenomenal rates for decades.....50% increase for China by 2050. ( well documented in these pages ). So where in the name of BahBah Booey does it make any sense to implement carbon taxes on every coal plant thus increasing customer electric bills by 100% :ack-1:( not my words........Barak Obama's words ) while China goes with cheap energy? One would have to say, "Well that's pretty dumb!".:deal:

I get a kick out of these wackos who actually believed that developing countries like china and india are going to cut back on coal just because they said that they would...that's like believing that N Korea was going to stop working on nukes just because they said that they would. Some people will believe anything...there really is one born every minute...and looking around this place, I think that there are more than one born every minute.

It's a shame that humans are still limited by 19th century technology.

When there is a real profit motive for developing a new technology, then we will have a new technology...government isn't going to force new energy technology with subsidies and tax credits....it will happen when someone can actually make a profit from the effort.

When there is a real profit motive for developing a new technology, then we will have a new technology...government isn't going to force new energy technology with subsidies and tax credits....it will happen when someone can actually make a profit from the effort.

Wrong. New technology always makes profit. The problem; man hasn't figured out how to make the new technology over decades.

Wrong. New technology always makes profit. The problem; man hasn't figured out how to make the new technology over decades.

Sorry, but it doesn't. Tell me, if you came up with a radically new power source today, how much success do you think you would have in tearing down the existing system to replace it with yours?...and if the delivery system is different, who pays for the infrastructure?

New energy systems will emerge when the old ones begin failing....the only thing failing right now is the attempt to move to "green" energy...and in that department it is all failure all the time.

JUNE 26, 2017
main.png

I get a kick out of these wackos who actually believed that developing countries like china and india are going to cut back on coal just because they said that they would...that's like believing that N Korea was going to stop working on nukes just because they said that they would. Some people will believe anything...there really is one born every minute...and looking around this place, I think that there are more than one born every minute.

these people, God bless them, are hopeless idealists!!

While the entire world operates solely based upon a "costs" model, and have for tens of thousands of years, somehow, these people think some new breakthrough in the thinking just happened!!:2up::spinner::spinner::spinner::spinner:

Sorry, but it doesn't. Tell me, if you came up with a radically new power source today, how much success do you think you would have in tearing down the existing system to replace it with yours?...and if the delivery system is different, who pays for the infrastructure?

New energy systems will emerge when the old ones begin failing....the only thing failing right now is the attempt to move to "green" energy...and in that department it is all failure all the time.

The last new technology that was invented was the PC. Are you writing that the PC didn't make money?

The last new technology that was invented was the PC. Are you writing that the PC didn't make money?

Wow..you really are out of the loop. Where do you live that the last "new" tech was the PC? The last new tech that really succeeded was cellular phones, but there is a quite large list of new technology that flopped miserably...laser disc comes to mind right off the top of my head. I am sure I could do a search and find all sorts of new tech that just didn't make it...and why?...because it has to be demonstrably better than old tech...so much so, that people will be willing to give up the old tech entirely which is the case with cell phones...I dropped my home phone a couple of years ago as have a very large number of others.

The bottom line is that most new tech doesn't make money...most new tech never even makes it past the drawing board, and of that that does go into production, most fail within a year.

Wow..you really are out of the loop. Where do you live that the last "new" tech was the PC? The last new tech that really succeeded was cellular phones, but there is a quite large list of new technology that flopped miserably...laser disc comes to mind right off the top of my head. I am sure I could do a search and find all sorts of new tech that just didn't make it...and why?...because it has to be demonstrably better than old tech...so much so, that people will be willing to give up the old tech entirely which is the case with cell phones...I dropped my home phone a couple of years ago as have a very large number of others.

The bottom line is that most new tech doesn't make money...most new tech never even makes it past the drawing board, and of that that does go into production, most fail within a year.

Cell phone - 1973. It's actually the new car phone. A transceiver that has been modernized with PC technology.

A laser disc is nothing more than an advancement of the phonograph record.

New tech DOES make money. The PC was the last new tech.

Cell phone - 1973. It's actually the new car phone. A transceiver that has been modernized with PC technology.

A laser disc is nothing more than an advancement of the phonograph record.

New tech DOES make money. The PC was the last new tech.

Couldn't agree more s0n......:coffee:.........which is why renewables will soon be looked at as a fad of the very early 2,000's. New tech going to knock this phony energy source off the map forever. Too expensive........too unreliable........prohibitive maintenance costs. 100 years from now.........the people are going to mock the shit out of the advocates of solar/wind as being total suckers:funnyface::funnyface::fu:

There are some who say we already have advanced technology on energy that is 50 years ahead of its time..........duh....only matrix zombies are stoopid enough to think the government is up front on all technology.

cryptogon.com

Last edited:
they are? where? solyndra died on its own. had the funding and had the market share. and fking booooom it went down like a cargo plane.

how about the entire infrastructure for telecommunications? that was all swapped out to new technology over the five years. holy shit what a move. Dense Wave Multiplexing fiber in the ground 400 gig packet networks. WTF are these people crying about.

JC....I'm laughing at all the 4,000 new threads posted by SCIENCEROCKS.........but really, the only one that matters in the real world is this thread.:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
The one thing that remains the same daily in here is the true butt kicking the left gets. When you don't have facts, you got nothing. And to date, all the facts roll on our side.

Forum List

Back