Anybody Watch ALONE?

Used to watch that survival guy, Cody, and a partner that changed often, don't remember the name of the show. It has some cool stuff and handy tips for different environments, though I thought he was retarded for going around bare-footed.

Alone I never got into, as few people ever tried to survive alone in pre-history, they lived in tribes. I found the show to be kind of stupid, really.

Used to watch that survival guy, Cody, and a partner that changed often, don't remember the name of the show.
Dual Survival.

Codi lundeen & dave canturbery
Codi lundeen and joe teti
Joe teti and mat graham (I love mat graham).

Best thing I ever learned from that show was ALWAYS BE IMPROVING YOUR SITUATION...EVERY DAY...EVERY HOUR!

I see these people on ALONE making a guitar and I'm like WTF? How is that improving your sitch?

Saw one guy a few years back doing chin-ups...WTF dude? You don't have enough work to do?

Dual Survival.

Codi lundeen & dave canturbery
Codi lundeen and joe teti
Joe teti and mat graham (I love mat graham).

Best thing I ever learned from that show was ALWAYS BE IMPROVING YOUR SITUATION...EVERY DAY...EVERY HOUR!

I see these people on ALONE making a guitar and I'm like WTF? How is that improving your sitch?

Saw one guy a few years back doing chin-ups...WTF dude? You don't have enough work to do?

Instead of making a ukulele how about you keep casting your line out and catch more fish you can smoke. I agree. These people are fools. $500,000 on the line I think if I went out there I'd be eating ants and worms. I'd be feral Peter when it was over.

images

Anyone who wasn't fitting in was cast out. And it was very hard for that outcast to survive.

I've seen that in a few "Naked & afraid XLs".

I watch these shows as a tap-out means death...if it were real life you gave up and died...you tapped out.

Ain't no tapping out in real life.

Instead of making a ukulele how about you keep casting your line out and catch more fish you can smoke.

Exactly! I can't believe how so many are impatient with fishing. It's their best chance to get meat and they give up after 5 casts.

I remember one saying "it's too windy to go fishing".

I was like...WHAT??? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? :D

I would use the fire light at night to be productive making a wooden spoon or a chair or a bed or a bow...anything usefull.

I wouldn't do those things during daylight hours if I could do them at night!

I would also set traps & snares all around my shelter and cook in my shelter.

Use the smell to attract your catch! Easy peezy!

Set snares all around your food cache as well.

Exactly! I can't believe how so many are impatient with fishing. It's their best chance to get meat and they give up after 5 casts.

I remember one saying "it's too windy to go fishing".

I was like...WHAT??? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? :D

I would go back the same time I caught a fish. Like, if I caught it at sun down, that's when the fish are in that area. There does come a point when you need to realize the fish aren't biting. But then move up and down the coast till you find out where they are at.

And I would set up my home basically where I would set up a hunting ground blind. I would wake up at sun up and have the bow and arrow right next to me. Wake up, sit up and I'm in my ground blind hunting. Hunt every morning from within the hut till around 10am and then go fishing. Some morning maybe fish at sun up because that may be when the fish are biting.

How many animals have wandered up on me when I'm deer hunting. Bobcat, Coyote, Raccoon, Rabbit, Possum, Porcupine, Squirrel, TURKEY.

Hunting and fishing. That's all I'd be doing. Once the home is complete.

I go hunt now and I go out at 4amish and come back at 11am. Eat, nap, shit, piss, then go back out 4pm till dark every day till I get a deer. I'd do well on this show.

Used to watch that survival guy, Cody, and a partner that changed often, don't remember the name of the show. It has some cool stuff and handy tips for different environments, though I thought he was retarded for going around bare-footed.

Alone I never got into, as few people ever tried to survive alone in pre-history, they lived in tribes. I found the show to be kind of stupid, really.
Dual Survivor.

How many animals have wandered up on me when I'm deer hunting. Bobcat, Coyote, Raccoon, Rabbit, Possum, Porcupine, Squirrel, TURKEY.

Exactly!

You need to use that to your advantage!

So you catch a fish and cook it while your fishing for more (shore lunch)...Have your bow ready. And bring fire with you and have it burning.

Because when that racoon (or squirrel or bear) smells your fish cooking...you snuff em with an arrow!

Surf N turf :banana:

Exactly!

You need to use that to your advantage!

So you catch a fish and cook it while your fishing for more (shore lunch)...Have your bow ready. And bring fire with you and have it burning.

Because when that racoon (or squirrel or bear) smells your fish cooking...you snuff em with an arrow!

Surf N turf :banana:
Go to hunternation .com You'll like it.

To me...hunting is the same as algebra or economics...it just makes sense...even without a formal education.

Now geometry...I couldn't understand it if my life depended on it! I've tried!

My brother has a property with a small river in the back. He won’t let me because it’s where the deer hang out but I want to build a primitive log cabin in the back. No electricity, plumbing, nothing. Like on alone.

I swear when I went up by myself I would not stay in the big house. I’d stay in the alone hut.

Before he built the house I would go stay in the middle of the property with a camp fire, me, the dog and my truck. At about 3am I would wake up cold and morning dewy so I’d move to the car till sun up.

Now I have a new tent so no more sleeping out in the open. Can’t wait to use it.

Dual Survivor.
That would be fun. Who would I take? My cousin. He's a master angler. In the record books good. And I've seen him at work. He would win Alone for sure. We were on the Rifle River fishing for Stealhead who were spawning. Everyone else was using expensive lures, except me and my cousin. We were using yarn, a hook and sinker. Yarn. Many different colors. If one didn't work he'd try another color until he found one that worked. No one was catching anything except maybe sucker fish. Bottom feeders. Including me. My cousin caught 3 massive Stealhead that day. Everyone envied him.

I have another friend I go fishing with and I catch one fish to every 10 he catches.

On second thought, I would not win Alone. LOL. I know AT LEAST 3 guys if not 13 who'd do better than me. But I'd love to try. Maybe they'd get home sick before me. Or hurt. Or loose too much weight and get forced out by the show. I'm pretty thick. I could lose 100 lbs and still be healthy.

Forum List

Back