Any Other Fans of Fine Japanese Dining?

Did some Japanese A5 Wagyu a couple weeks ago.
Did it on the flat top Japanese style with several sides.
Incredibly rich meat!!!

I understand that Wagyu and Kobe are Japan's highest-quality, fanciest beef.

The Wagyu A5 is the best steak in the world and we found some grade 8 which is the marbling grade and the best grade out there.
Bought two 10 oz steaks for a little over $300 including overnight shipping.
Should of ordered one. They are so rich that 5 ozs would be fine for each of us.
The Cap Steak part,usually the best part of the ribeye,is to rich to eat plain. We did what several of the Japanese Chefs did and cut it off chopped it fine,seared well and mixed it with white rice,bean sprouts and assorted veggies.
Got em from Allen Brothers...
A5 Japanese Ribeye | Allen Brothers

Have since found Crowd Cow.....much better prices.
Kagoshima Farms | Legendary Kuroge-washyu beef from Kagoshima Farms on Crowd Cow

Incredibly rich meat!!!

One of the things I read before purchasing,and I read a lot because I didnt want to fuck em up,is that the fat will melt just from your body heat when handling.
And low and behold...they weren't kidding!!!
Your fingers would get coated in this super thin melted fat in less than a minute.

Incredibly rich meat!!!

The Wagyu A5 is the best steak in the world and we found some grade 8 which is the marbling grade and the best grade out there.
Should of ordered one. They are so rich that 5 ozs would be fine for each of us.
The Cap Steak part,usually the best part of the ribeye,is to rich to eat plain. We did what several of the Japanese Chefs did and cut it off chopped it fine,seared well and mixed it with white rice,bean sprouts and assorted veggies.

Kagoshima Farms | Legendary Kuroge-washyu beef from Kagoshima Farms on Crowd Cow

im ready lets go....

sushi "California rolls"; crab meat mixed with shredded cucumber, wrapped in a rice-coated, green avocado-leaf thing

There's something a little bit off about those 100% fully cooked sushi rolls. I prefer the raw tuna rolls or poke.

Salmon is okay smoked or cooked, but tuna tends to turn into cat food or schoolkids' lunxh meat when you cook it.

With a bowl of hot, steamy miso soup

Some of those soups are too salty or else too much MSG, and there's some kind of rice wine or some like that.

Like any other restaurant. Food's too salty & they're always selling something to quench your thirst & calling the cops to serve you off the property.

Incredibly rich meat!!!

i had a Kobe burger once,paid like 12 dollars for it....it was worth it....what a burger....

You need to try a burger made with 80/20 prime or better with the pellicle trimmed from a dry aged primal muscle. Thats the dark dried out part you cut off after aging.
Incredible beefy flavor!!!
It's also great for making beef stock.

Dry%20Aged%20Beef%20-%20Four%20Weeks.jpg

Incredibly rich meat!!!

i had a Kobe burger once,paid like 12 dollars for it....it was worth it....what a burger....

You need to try a burger made with 80/20 prime or better with the pellicle trimmed from a dry aged primal muscle. Thats the dark dried out part you cut off after aging.

dam ....i told my wife we are having steak tonight.....just some rib-eyes but its steak....

Incredibly rich meat!!!

dam ....i told my wife we are having steak tonight.....just some rib-eyes but its steak....

Have two prime bone in 15 lb ribeye roasts dry aging now. They'll be ready in another 30 days,going for 40 days.
And a 17 lb brisket that will go for 60 days.

With UMai bags anyone can dry age at home.
Dry Age Steak at Home | Charcuterie & Salumi Kits | UMAi Dry®

Incredibly rich meat!!!

Have two prime bone in 15 lb ribeye roasts dry aging now. They'll be ready in another 30 days,going for 40 days.

this thread is getting tastier by the post...

Incredibly rich meat!!!

I'll bet a steak that rich must have left you feeling filled-up-stuffed for many hours on end. I know that's what it would make me feel.

Incredibly rich meat!!!

I'll bet a steak that rich must have left you feeling filled-up-stuffed for many hours on end. I know that's what it would make me feel.

It's kinda like eating cheese cake.
You can only eat so much before it becomes overpowering and you just dont want anymore.
But those first few bites are incredible!!! It just dissolves in your mouth and has a buttery taste.
In fact to me it's too tender,it's almost like biting into jello.

As fucked up as my state of Califuckya (& my occasional home-away-from-home state Hawaii) are, one minor advantage is a lot of high-I.Q., hard-working Japanese immigrants. I've known a lot of Asians and they are the most successful non-white minority in America. Why? Because they don't have the crybaby, victim-parasite mentality that so many other minorities/immigrants have. Asians culturally have enough personal honor and self-discipline, they work hard, obey laws and pay taxes in America to prove themselves worthy of this country, which I hugely respect - as opposed to America-freeloading 3rd-world dregs of humanity who hate us and want a free ride. The Japanese immigrants certainly have this white dude's respect.

I lived in Japan for almost 7 years and I always found their food kinda bland. I do like miso soup with tofu and tuna sashimi.

I will tell you this. If you can find it in the states, order Basashi (Horse meat sashimi)...don't judge...if you can...just try it.
Is horse meat legal here?
Yes, in most states. I felt the same.."Mr. Ed?"...lol! It was beautiful meat and tasted amazing.
Not mr. Ed, Charlie.

Yes, my horse is Charlie Horse. In my defense he already had that name when I acquired him.

I've recenty eaten at a few Japanese places in my general area and I'm actually liking it more than Chinese food (far more filling). My favorite Japanese dinner is sliced teriyaki beef (with a puff of rice speckled with those black seed-like things) with a row of those little sushi "California rolls"; crab meat mixed with shredded cucumber, wrapped in a rice-coated, green avocado-leaf thing. With a bowl of hot, steamy miso soup......an extremely elegant meal with rather unique qualities.

I forgot the name, but I really want to try one of those sushi rolls that's ground tuna/various Japanese spices on the inside with the outside wrapped in a salmon skin.
It's not an avacado lead, it's seaweed.

Also, the Americanized version tends to be much more highly spiced than what you would get in Japan.

I see. Whatever that leaf-wrap is, it's quite tasty when I heavily salt it.
It's called Nuri. No promises on the spelling.

Incredibly rich meat!!!

My goodness, you're making me extremely hungry!

Forum List

Back