Any Golfers?

Apr 12, 2006
New Jersey
I figured this was the place for a golfing thread.

A guy at the driving range gave me a great tip. I have had problems consistently bringing the club back and then following the same path back to the ball. The result of this problems has been a few low liners and a number of balls hit fat.

The guy noticed this problem and told me to stand over the ball with my stance completely closed so that my feet are only 2 or 3 inches apart. He told me to practice from this position. It really teaches balance and coordination. After getting comfortable in that postion I went back to a normal stance. I immediately started hitting better shots.

I'll definately keep that in mind. What's the best cure for balls flying to the right or left? sometimes turning sharp corners in midair (yes--its possible!)

1549 said:
I figured this was the place for a golfing thread.

A guy at the driving range gave me a great tip. I have had problems consistently bringing the club back and then following the same path back to the ball. The result of this problems has been a few low liners and a number of balls hit fat.

The guy noticed this problem and told me to stand over the ball with my stance completely closed so that my feet are only 2 or 3 inches apart. He told me to practice from this position. It really teaches balance and coordination. After getting comfortable in that postion I went back to a normal stance. I immediately started hitting better shots.

That method is one I've been using for about 4 years now. It definitely helps with body balance. Also, try balancing on one leg (your forward leg) when striking the ball. The front leg controls more of the flight path than the back leg, and getting good with the one-leg shot will add accuracy and power to your shot. Well, not as much power, but as accuracy goes up you can increase back leg power.

Semper Fi said:
I'll definately keep that in mind. What's the best cure for balls flying to the right or left? sometimes turning sharp corners in midair (yes--its possible!)

I'm no golf coach, but I would guess that has something to do with your follow through. I do the same thing sometimes, it is usually happens when my swing breaks down after contact with the ball. Make sure you always end in a nice stance with your upper body and hips facing the target.

So my little brother is 15 and he just came back from Golf camp.
Said he won third place in their driving competion with a drive of 301 yards.
First place was 305 yards. I'm so proud of him.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
So my little brother is 15 and he just came back from Golf camp.
Said he won third place in their driving competion with a drive of 301 yards.
First place was 305 yards. I'm so proud of him.

Pretty beast...I don't have that kind of power.

I'm an occasional player (I was on pace to play for a D1 college school, but I quit to have a social life:D ). I played today and shot 1 over from the tips, so I can't complain.

Forum List

Back