Any Fans of Extreme Skiing? Maybe the Most INSANE Run Ever Caught on Film

johngaltshrugged

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2020
I grew up a big fan of extreme skiing. We watched all the old Warren Miller movies & tried to match what those guys could do on the slopes.
My family moved to Alaska when I was a child & learned to ski on some pretty intimidating slopes.
Steep & full of rocks, mogul fields & wind swept overhangs perfect for launching from.
Flying off cornices, heading out of bounds, back country bowls & glaciers, aerials & moguls- I've done a lot but this guy in the video is just a completely different level.
He starts at the top of a very high mountain in Europe & shreds his way down, flipping off cliffs & even skiing through ice caves & a castle.

It's 10 minutes long but well worth it if you enjoy the sheer skill & balls it takes to do anything like this.
The scenery is fantastic as well.
Enjoy!!

I grew up a big fan of extreme skiing. We watched all the old Warren Miller movies & tried to match what those guys could do on the slopes.
My family moved to Alaska when I was a child & learned to ski on some pretty intimidating slopes.
Steep & full of rocks, mogul fields & wind swept overhangs perfect for launching from.
Flying off cornices, heading out of bounds, back country bowls & glaciers, aerials & moguls- I've done a lot but this guy in the video is just a completely different level.
He starts at the top of a very high mountain in Europe & shreds his way down, flipping off cliffs & even skiing through ice caves & a castle.

It's 10 minutes long but well worth it if you enjoy the sheer skill & balls it takes to do anything like this.
Enjoy!!

Love watching. It's amazing stuff. I did not learn as a child. Not much skying in Kentucky and Tennessee. I didn't take it up, until retirement at around 60. I don't even do Black Diamonds. I can get all the fun and excitement I need on blues and greens and have proven I can successfully rip out a knee there, be surgically sliced and reassembled from my own spare parts (who knew I had them?) going through months of rehab to make it back to the slopes again, and still going at 68. Next scheduled trip is Granby Ranch, Colorado in January. Nothing as dramatic and ambitious as you, but like Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations".

Love watching. It's amazing stuff. I did not learn as a child. Not much skying in Kentucky and Tennessee. I didn't take it up, until retirement at around 60. I don't even do Black Diamonds. I can get all the fun and excitement I need on blues and greens and have proven I can successfully rip out a knee there, be surgically sliced and reassembled from my own spare parts (who knew I had them?) going through months of rehab to make it back to the slopes again, and still going at 68. Next scheduled trip is Granby Ranch, Colorado in January. Nothing as dramatic and ambitious as you, but like Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations".
I am of the opinion that some things should be learned while young or not at all. We older people don't do so well with falling (actually it's the sudden stop).

Enjoy!!

Would you believe that I taught him everything I know about extreme skiing? Signed Joe Biden.

Would you believe that I taught him everything I know about extreme skiing? Signed Joe Biden.
Joe reminds me of an old guy I used to work with who could always come up with a story that he had done something, had experience with what ever the conversation the guy were talking about, when he was younger. The other guys joked that Walt (that was his name) must of had a 1000 different jobs when he was younger because he had done everything.

I am of the opinion that some things should be learned while young or not at all. We older people don't do so well with falling (actually it's the sudden stop).
Very true. I took lessons to learn the basics, but not the same as taking lessons as a little kid and getting that muscle memory from learning early and living out there, instead of visiting for a week or two here and there. The kids that live there, even some of the little ones are amazing, and I see them and know they will only get better. That sudden stop is right and not just the sudden stop of falling or hitting something. Falls and tumbles even, aren't really much. I ripped out the ACL executing one of the quick cool sideways stops when a ski dug into soft snow and physics said the rest of me would have keep going a little longer, not injuring myself hitting the snow, but hitting the snow because I had inadvertently injured myself. Kind of a humbling experience about the crap you don't know if not experienced.

Scary, although not as frighting to watch as the guy who jumps of cliffs into water video someone posted awhile back. I couldn't finish that one, almost stop this one when he went into cave.

“I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.” –Wayne Gretzy, Hockey Star

I think skiing is much like motorcycling. I rode for fifty-two years util failing eyesight made me sell my last bike. When middle aged men flush with money talk about buying their first motorcycle I advise them not to do so. If you didn't learn riding young and get it ingrained in muscle memory it really isn't very safe to start.

Enjoy!!

Wow! That dude's a master! He did beef big time on almost the 1st slope when there only snow on 1 side of the mountain. Man, he's good, though!
I'll take "things I'll never do" for $1000, Alex!

Enjoy!!

Excuse me !!
This is fake??

He skied through an underground crevasse and did a 360 on exit ??

Is this computer generated

I could do maybe 98% of this run.
It's that other 2% that makes the butt pucker up & your balls go full turtle

Oh! Eric B. And Rakim. I'm not a yuge rap fan, but they were pretty good.

This one's catchy!

Actually, they were tops, IMO.

Last edited:
He skied through an underground crevasse and did a 360 on exit ??

Is this computer generated
That was actually a 540 & it was far from the most difficult maneuver.
We used to do 360's all the time but a 540 where you intentionally land backwards never even occurred to us

Last edited:

Forum List

Back