Another Repub heads for exit.

Because in today's POT either you are a full out MAGAist or you're a heretic. It's binary.
Interesting theory. So which is Gallagher "MAGAist or heretic" and who is going to be vilifying him for leaving Congress?

The MAGA virus is eating away at the body of the Republican party. The Republican old guard rather than fight to ward off the virus seems to be content with watching the body die. Gallagher and Buck, and others are giving the middle finger to the MAGAs as they leave. I think nothing would satisfy them more than to see the House Republican majority go down in flames. The old guard apparently does not think the party is worth saving.
With Republicans like Gallagher who needs Democrats? I'm happy that the old GOP is dying. They were worse than useless since they never undid damage created by Democrats and were willing partners in the financial recklessness of the Swamp. Trump is nothing to write home about, but at least the "MAGA extremists" appear to believe what they say about the state of the state.

1. Prove that cutting spending would destroy the US credit rating...you can't, because it would help the credit rating.
2. So spending more and more and more is good? You have it ass backwards.
3. Here are the budgets for recent years. Tell me you want to keep borrowing $2T a year.

Not raising the debt ceiling doesn't cut spending, dufus.

You really should learn something about the subject before you post. You're really embarrassing yourself!

WASHINGTON — Rep. Mike Gallagher, R-Wis., who announced last month he would not run for re-election, will resign from Congress early, he confirmed in a statement Friday.

Gallagher’s departure before the end of his term in January is another blow to Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., and House Republicans, who have been struggling to govern and demonstrate stability this Congress.

Two sources familiar with the matter told NBC News of Gallagher's plan to resign early on Friday. The Wisconsin Republican then released a statement announcing that he will depart on April 19.

The speaker's office confirmed that Gallagher informed Johnson of his decision earlier this week.

His resignation could cause more headaches for House Republicans. Rep. Ken Buck, R-Colo., who also is not seeking re-election, is resigning from Congress on Friday, cutting the GOP’s minuscule majority to 218-213. When Gallagher leaves, the majority would further shrink to 217-213, meaning Republicans could only afford a single defection on any vote if Democrats vote together.

Gallagher’s decision to leave on April 19 also means that there will not be a special election to fill his seat. Under Wisconsin state law, vacancies after the second Tuesday in April are filled in the general election, so Gallagher’s replacement will be decided in November and his seat will remain empty until January.

MAGAists are alienating the few moderates left in the caucus with their extremism and refusal to compromise.
So, you are against independent thought? At least you admit democrats aren't capable of that. Either you toe the party line or you are cast out.

The MAGA virus is eating away at the body of the Republican party. The Republican old guard rather than fight to ward off the virus seems to be content with watching the body die. Gallagher and Buck, and others are giving the middle finger to the MAGAs as they leave. I think nothing would satisfy them more than to see the House Republican majority go down in flames. The old guard apparently does not think the party is worth saving.

The old guard was not worth saving.

Maybe you aren't seeing what we "rabid dogs" call reality.
The $34T DEBT means that the interest payments are crowding out other spending.
The "rabid dogs" want to cut spending before the rating agencies cut the US rating to "junk" and the dollar loses its status as the world's reserve currency.

If that happens the dollar loses value and very bad things happen.

No one wants to cut spending, aka "austerity". Everyone wants to spend more and get re-elected.

If the Freedom Caucus, all 8 of them, can't cut spending we're all toast.

You are trying to explain higher level thinking.
Berg is simply not capable.

Can they go any lower?

I gotta wonder what they're planning for next November. Even Trump must know that he has no chance of winning.

Would the fact that he is leading in literally every poll tell him that, or is it something else?

Would the fact that he is leading in literally every poll tell him that, or is it something else?

In 2016 the polls showed that Trump had no chance of winning.

The polls are worthless...see if you can figure out why...I ain't saying.

Forum List

Back