Anheuser-Busch just bought 800 fuel cell Nikola trucks

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Yup fuel cells are the future, not stupid antique battery powered cars...

28 fueling stations will be built along Anheuser-Busch's busiest routes.

by Megan Geuss - May 4, 2018 2:38pm
Anheuser-Busch
On a quarterly financial call Wednesday afternoon, Tesla CEO Elon Musk briefly spoke about a new lawsuit filed by Nikola Motor Company, a Salt Lake City-based hydrogen fuel cell truck startup. Musk said it was a "laughable lawsuit from some company called 'Nikola.'"

Whatever the merits of the lawsuit itself, large shipping companies like US Xpress and Ryder think Nikola Motor Company is more than just "some company." Now, it seems, Anheuser-Busch, one of the largest beer producers in the US and a subsidiary of multinational conglomerate AB InBev, is getting on the Nikola truck train, too. On Thursday, Anheuser-Busch announced that it would buy a sizable 800 hydrogen fuel cell trucks from Nikola Motor company to be delivered between 2020 and 2025.

Like Tesla, Nikola has yet to deliver a zero-tailpipe-emissions truck to a customer. Unlike Tesla, the company has not yet delivered any kind of mass-produced vehicle to a customer at all.

This bud light is for me :)

20180504_182403.jpg

hydrogen fuel cells are the wave of the future for combustion engines and electric ones aw well

Having AB build dedicated charging stations along their routes truly establishes electric trucks as a niche market. Its is essentially AB's private train line with the government providing the roads for rails.

I'm just happy alternatives to the standard gasoline powered combustion engine are being taken seriously and not derided nowadays.

I'm just happy alternatives to the standard gasoline powered combustion engine are being taken seriously and not derided nowadays.

It doesn't matter one little bit whether they are praised or derided. They will be adopted by the market if they make financial sense or they will be forced into the market if government wants it.

It doesn't matter one little bit whether they are praised or derided. They will be adopted by the market if they make financial sense or they will be forced into the market if government wants it.
True and let the best solution win.

Forum List

Back