Ancient Aliens

I can't understand the thought, excluding Religious Dogma, that we're the only intelligent life-form while also knowing the size and scope of the Universe. And that's even without the theory that there may be many Universes....... coming into account.

I haven't seen one person deny the possibility of other life in the universe. I have seen people disagree with the conclusion that THOSE life forms are here on earth.

You can't seem to understand the difference.

And you might want to check the definition of "misnomer", I don't think you are using it properly.

Last edited:
I can't understand the thought, excluding Religious Dogma, that we're the only intelligent life-form while also knowing the size and scope of the Universe. And that's even without the theory that there may be many Universes....... coming into account.

I haven't seen one person deny the possibility of other life in the universe. I have seen people disagree with the conclusion that THOSE life forms are here on earth.

And you might want to check the definition of "misnomer", I don't think you are using it properly.

I actually articulated the difference in the VERY FIRST POST YOU QUOTED OF MINE TODAY

I actually articulated the difference in the VERY FIRST POST YOU QUOTED OF MINE TODAY

Forget the misnomer then. Tell me how admitting the possibility of life, even intelligent life, elsewhere in the universe proves that THAT life is visiting earth.

Forget the misnomer then. Tell me how admitting the possibility of life, even intelligent life, elsewhere in the universe proves that THAT life is visiting earth.

you

must
reread that first post

then rethink this question

in fairness to,,,,,me, & my time, brother.

its answered in there.

you

must
reread that first post

its answered in there.

What first post? This is the first post in the thread...

"Ancient Aliens
Best comedy series on TV!"

ok ....so you are one of those who believe this little planet is it in this vast Universe......that explains much about why you believe like yo do....

Now you're pulling stuff out of your ass........ Just like the Ancient Alien crowd..... And you claim you're not an adherent.......... :eusa_whistle:
ok ...yes or no.....do you think there is other life out there or are we it?....

Don't know and don't care. Once someone can show me empirical evidence then I'll know and maybe even care. Until then I'll clump the alien "culture" in the same category as religious adherents and/or snake oil salesmen. Religious adherents I have no problem with, snake oil salesmen on the other hand.........

you

must
reread that first post

its answered in there.

What first post? This is the first post in the thread...

"Ancient Aliens
Best comedy series on TV!"

the first post you quoted of mine specifically TODAY

"I would bet a limb there's other life out there. It's just not verifiably probable that we've been "visited" be any intelligent neighbors."

mEANING - I THINK ITS HIGHLY PROBABLE THAT THERES OTHER LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE, JUST NOT HERE.

"I would bet a limb there's other life out there. It's just not verifiably probable that we've been "visited" be any intelligent neighbors."

mEANING - I THINK ITS HIGHLY PROBABLE THAT THERES OTHER LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE, JUST NOT HERE.

Oh, okay. How about a nice game of chess?

WOPR.jpg

Last edited:

Oh, okay. How about a nice game of chess?

cant bruv.....busy mixing

Weird how many ancient alien supporters are saved and devout xtians.

I don't find that weird at all.

Actually, I don't find it weird. Once one accepts a giant, invisible, all powerful creator stay puft marshmallow man in the sky fairy, every other lie is easy to swallow.

Interesting. Discounting uninformed stereotypical allusions, explain my position then......... By the way, I am a Christian. Oh and I have yet to see anyone here proselytize Christianity to you, why do you feel the need to proselytize Atheism to everyone else? :eusa_eh:

Actually, I don't find it weird. Once one accepts a giant, invisible, all powerful creator stay puft marshmallow man in the sky fairy, every other lie is easy to swallow.

Interesting. Discounting uninformed stereotypical allusions, explain my position then......... By the way, I am a Christian. Oh and I have yet to see anyone here proselytize Christianity to you, why do you feel the need to proselytize Atheism to everyone else? :eusa_eh:

He could be agnostic.

I found it interesting some of those advocating for alien involvement on earth are also some of USMB's saved and devout faction.

Goes against dogma, wouldn't you say?

I found it interesting some of those advocating for alien involvement on earth are also some of USMB's saved and devout faction.

lol depending on the pope they can "evolve" their view so that they cant be pinned down into obscurity

religion is so absurd :lol:

People are people, most of us are hypocritical to one degree or another in some aspect of our lives, that's just human nature. As far as religion/atheism is concerned, other than for self justification, self superiority, I see no reason to find fallacy (real or imagined) and demean, says more about the person doing it. That's why I made the distinction between those who are alien adherents and those who use it to scam people.

People are people, most of us are hypocritical to one degree or another in some aspect of our lives, that's just human nature. As far as religion/atheism is concerned, other than for self justification, self superiority, I see no reason to find fallacy (real or imagined) and demean, says more about the person doing it. That's why I made the distinction between those who are alien adherents and those who use it to scam people.

"As far as religion/atheism is concerned, other than for self justification, self superiority, I see no reason to find fallacy (real or imagined) and demean, says more about the person doing it."

What if the dogma is a fallacy? Are those of us who disagree with it supposed to nod our head and say "yep"?

Last edited:
Now you're pulling stuff out of your ass........ Just like the Ancient Alien crowd..... And you claim you're not an adherent.......... :eusa_whistle:
ok ...yes or no.....do you think there is other life out there or are we it?....

Admitting the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe is not admitting that same life is here on earth. It's a failed, logical argument.

"If there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, and,

..there is intelligent life here on earth,

..THEN intelligent life elsewhere in the universe must be here on earth."

It's called an illogical conclusion to truthful premises. But that is what you're trying to do. By getting people to admit there may be life elsewhere in the universe you think it proves they are visiting earth.

There may be intelligent life out there somewhere, but interstellar and inter galactic distances are so great it makes travel to and fro impossible based on our knowledge of physics.

Now you'll go and say just because we don't know doesn't make it impossible, but just because we don't know doesn't also make it true.

Admitting the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe is not admitting that same life is here on earth.

is that what i was asking?....or are you making your own statement?...

Now you'll go and say just because we don't know doesn't make it impossible, but just because we don't know doesn't also make it true.

is that what i was going to say?....just like you are in those other threads....you sure do a lot of speaking for everyone....no wonder you are so popular...

I would bet a limb there's other life out there. It's just not verifiably probable that we've been "visited" be any intelligent neighbors.

Statistically, life, much less intelligent life on other planets is so rare the probable distance between us and them is hundreds, if not thousands, of light years.

Of course we'll get the Star Trek, Captain Kirk zoomies coming on talking about warp travel and black hole opportunities.

None of it exists, it never will. The laws of physics precludes it.

these guys dont think so.....

NASA scientists begin 'warp speed' experiments that could change Star Trek's science fiction into fact | Mail Online

Warp Drive More Possible Than Thought, Scientists Say | Space.com

pretty close minded Alfie.....just count it out....

would you not say that the Bible is one of the oldest and greatest stories of mans encounter with Alien beings?.......

lol depending on the pope they can "evolve" their view so that they cant be pinned down into obscurity

religion is so absurd :lol:

Not many people say that from their death bed.

Forum List

Back