An Eternal Truth Verified

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Exactly as Trump tweeted......

"Fact Check: Did NBA Finals Ratings Crash Nearly 70 Percent, as Donald Trump Claims?

According to data from Nielsen Media Research, 5.6 million viewers—the figure is preliminary and will be confirmed later this week—tuned into Game 6 of the Finals to watch the Lakers clinch a record-equaling 17th NBA title, compared with 18.34 million viewers in Game 6 of the 2019 Finals between the Raptors and the Warriors.

The 2019 NBA Finals averaged 15.1 million viewers and a 8.76 rating, while Game 6 on Sunday delivered a 2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and preliminary figures indicate the audience over the six games of the Finals made this the lowest-rated NBA Finals series on record.

To put the figure into context, The Last Dance, ESPN's 10-part documentary chronicling Michael Jordan's final season with the Chicago Bulls, averaged 5.6 million viewers when it aired between April and May this year. Sunday Night Football, which aired on NBC during Game 6, drew in an audience of just over 12 million."

Here's the eternal truth:

Antonio Gramsci, Italian Marxist theoretician and founding member and one-time leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Gramsci’s motto is that of liberals today: “that all life is "political."

1602791045245.png

There were a lot of factors contributing to America's Big Yawn at the NBA Finals.

The timing was all wrong. It's bad enough when they finish in JUNE, but October? Gimmeafukkinbreak.

There was no notable matchup. No Magic vs. Bird, or Wilt vs Russell, or anything even remotely approaching that level of excitement.

It was not competitive. The Lakers obviously took a nap in the penultimate game to make it look like there was a chance that either team could win. Nobody bought it.

Clearly, The Social Justice Warrioring, particularly by Mr. James, antagonized a lot of potential viewers, Indeed, if there were any way of measuring potential viewers saying "HELL no," that would have had as many checks as the number of viewers who actually tuned in.

I honestly don't know who gives a shit about the NBA anymore. My home town (Pittsburgh) has never had an NBA franchise, and has never manifested any interest that might encourage some rich bastard (we have a few) to buy a franchise. If you are interested in BB, high school and college are much more entertaining to watch.

No, I am not a racist.

There were a lot of factors contributing to America's Big Yawn at the NBA Finals.

The timing was all wrong. It's bad enough when they finish in JUNE, but October? Gimmeafukkinbreak.

There was no notable matchup. No Magic vs. Bird, or Wilt vs Russell, or anything even remotely approaching that level of excitement.

It was not competitive. The Lakers obviously took a nap in the penultimate game to make it look like there was a chance that either team could win. Nobody bought it.

Clearly, The Social Justice Warrioring, particularly by Mr. James, antagonized a lot of potential viewers, Indeed, if there were any way of measuring potential viewers saying "HELL no," that would have had as many checks as the number of viewers who actually tuned in.

I honestly don't know who gives a shit about the NBA anymore. My home town (Pittsburgh) has never had an NBA franchise, and has never manifested any interest that might encourage some rich bastard (we have a few) to buy a franchise. If you are interested in BB, high school and college are much more entertaining to watch.

No, I am not a racist.
The NBA if you love basketball is fine. But the league is a racket. Most teams never have a chance to win the championship.

Forum List

Back