an empty limosine pulled up to the whitehouse and barack obama got out

hmmm. jack welch is no rube, nor is future president trump.

A month before Election Day, the government's official unemployment rate surprisingly broke through the psychological 8 percent mark for the first time in nearly four years with a September "jobless rate" of 7.8 percent.

The welcome news was hailed by the Obama administration as proof the president's controversial spending and regulatory policies were healing the troubled economy.

At the time, high-profile skepticism was immediate. Jack Welch, former chairman of General Electric, charged the data was fudged.

"Unbelievable jobs numbers … these Chicago guys will do anything … can't debate so change numbers," Welch tweeted.

Real-estate billionaire Donald Trump agreed with Welch: "He's 100 percent correct, in terms of his statement about jobs. And after the election they'll do a big correction."

Added Home Depot co-founder Ken Langone: "I give Jack a lot of credit for being there and standing out. It makes it easier for me, because he and I share the same point of view. These numbers don't square with what's going on with the economy."

Read more at Census ‘faked’ unemployment to aid Obama re-election

The welcome news was hailed by the Obama administration as proof the president's controversial spending and regulatory policies were healing the troubled economy.

At the time, high-profile skepticism was immediate. Jack Welch, former chairman of General Electric, charged the data was fudged.

"Unbelievable jobs numbers … these Chicago guys will do anything … can't debate so change numbers," Welch tweeted.

Real-estate billionaire Donald Trump agreed with Welch: "He's 100 percent correct, in terms of his statement about jobs. And after the election they'll do a big correction."

And Mortimer Zuckerman, U.S. News & World Report's editor in chief, wrote: "Given that the median period of unemployment is now in the range of five months, vast numbers who want to work are just not counted. If we include, as we should, people who have applied for a job in the last 12 months, and those employed part time who want full-time work, the real unemployment number is closer to 15 percent."

Last edited:
Only a complete fool bought into that "magic" drop in unemployment. Then the fools went out and voted for this disaster

A month before Election Day, the government's official unemployment rate surprisingly broke through the psychological 8 percent mark for the first time in nearly four years with a September "jobless rate" of 7.8 percent.

But he never backed it up, provided any evidence, and, as months went past, it was clear, as the graph I posted showed that there was no fudging.

They didn't

Added Home Depot co-founder Ken Langone: "I give Jack a lot of credit for being there and standing out. It makes it easier for me, because he and I share the same point of view. These numbers don't square with what's going on with the economy."
Did Mr. Langone give any alternate data?

Gallup had the UE rate for September as 8.1% with a margin of error of +/- 0.7 percentage points. BLS margin of error is +/- 0.2 percentage points. The not seasonally adjsted rate was 7.6%, seasonally adjusted up to 7.8% (that's right...fudging the numbers by making them higher).

So for the unadjusted numbers, BLS said between 7.4% and 7.8%
Gallup said between 7.4% and 8.8%.
The overlap means there is no statistically significant difference between the two. So why would Gallup fudge?

Only a complete fool bought into that "magic" drop in unemployment. Then the fools went out and voted for this disaster

What looks off to you?

fredgraph.png
[/QUOTE]

i am awfully afraid that's the country we have become. every department in the executive branch has been compromised.

But he never backed it up, provided any evidence, and, as months went past, it was clear, as the graph I posted showed that there was no fudging.

They didn't

Did Mr. Langone give any alternate data?

Gallup had the UE rate for September as 8.1% with a margin of error of +/- 0.7 percentage points. BLS margin of error is +/- 0.2 percentage points. The not seasonally adjsted rate was 7.6%, seasonally adjusted up to 7.8% (that's right...fudging the numbers by making them higher).

So for the unadjusted numbers, BLS said between 7.4% and 7.8%
Gallup said between 7.4% and 8.8%.
The overlap means there is no statistically significant difference between the two. So why would Gallup fudge?
it's a nebulous figure. the operative element is breaking the 8% barrier (very psychological) after 4 years, a month before the election. it did go back up to 8 again briefly.

i'm sure the campaign never set a target for the election, that no one disscussed it as it related to the caimpaign. i'm sure benghazi never came up, as it would related to the '12 election. (stephanie cutter).

Forum List

Back